when i use remote play to cast from my xbox to my pc. i cant hold buttons on specific...

Discus and support when i use remote play to cast from my xbox to my pc. i cant hold buttons on specific... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; i use a normal wireless xbox series x controller on my xbox my pc is connected via wifi and xbox is connected via ethernet (this provides the best... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Cheese Man1, Jul 29, 2023.

1. Cheese Man1
    Cheese Man1 Guest

when i use remote play to cast from my xbox to my pc. i cant hold buttons on specific...

i use a normal wireless xbox series x controller on my xbox

my pc is connected via wifi and xbox is connected via ethernet (this provides the best connection becuase i dont have another ethernet cable

the buttons only do this on specific games, like i said fortnite and remnant 2

OS is windows 10 home operation system, version 22h2 (OS Build 19045.3208)

as for the OS thing i have previously updated windows mulitple times to try and solve this issue.

:)

Cheese Man1, Jul 29, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

when i use remote play to cast from my xbox to my pc. i cant hold buttons on specific games. instead of holding the button it spams it rendering the games unplayable.

Hello Cheese Man1,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are playing Fortnite and Remnant by remote playing it using PC. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

Based on your description, you are having buttons issue with the game causing it to render and unplayable. To ensure you can play your game without issues on PC, we would like to isolate the issue. Please answer the questions below:

1. May we ask if you have issues with other multiplayer games aside from Fortnite and Remnant?
    2. May we ask if the buttons you are trying to hold is on keyboard or on Xbox controller?
    3. Can you share to us a screenshot of the issue? Please conceal your personal information like email address, gamertag and full name.
    4. When you say the games render unplayable, may we confirm if the game crashes or get stuck?

We have a support article related to remote play troubleshooting. Please feel free to check:

Troubleshoot remote play gaming | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

when i use remote play to cast from my xbox to my pc. i cant hold buttons on specific games. instead of holding the button it spams it rendering the games unplayable.

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. digitalKiva Win User

Feature Request: Boot directly to Live TV.

I agree with this suggestion. Or atleast have a dedicated "button" that I could program in my remote to switch to live TV full-screen. I use a Harmony remote and would love to program something into the remote to put the XBox One in TV mode when I press
    the "Watch TV" button on my remote and have the XBox One goto the dashboard when I press the "Play Games" button on my remote.
  5. Nursemorph Win User

Mic not working in the xbox app and in party chat while streaming

What specifically doesn't work? The stream audio or the party audio?
    Was that not covered in the OPs post?

"I'm unable to use the microphone on my Steelseries when coneected to my PC using a Remote Streaming session"

"just not when joining a party during a stream."

Seems to me that the OP is playing using the Remote Play function but the Microphone doesn't work when in a party chat whilst using the Remote Play. the Mic works fine when directly connected to the Xbox or used via the Xbox App
  6. AriesMars13 Win User

Watching tv with xbox off?

No, use two cables each to a HDMI port on the TV and then use your TV remote to change between HDMI inputs.
    Theres just a black screen on my tv when the xbox one x is shut off! It doesnt let me see the screen when i press my remotes “source” button, so I cant use the remote to switch from hdmi 1 to hdmi 2.

i have to manually unplug and then reinsert the hdmi cables into the hdmi ports
Thema:

1. when i use remote play to cast from my xbox to my pc. i cant hold buttons on specific... - Similar Threads - remote play cast

2. Black screen Remote play PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Black screen Remote play PC: When I remote play off my desktop and laptop it gives me an black screen but there's video but there's audio. I played on my phone it works, I've tried on my laptop and desktop and they both give...
  3. Remote play problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Remote play problem: I tried to remote play my xbox series x on win 11 PC and its keep saying Check your network connection We found your console but can't connect. Try from a different Wi-Fi or cellular network...
  4. Black screen with remote play, issue seems to be with resolution

in XboX Insiders
    Black screen with remote play, issue seems to be with resolution: Hi all I have an Xbox series X with a high end 4k TV. When I try and remote play from my Rog ally then I get sound but a black screen If I go I to Xbox settings and change the resolution from 4k...
  5. Black screen with remote play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black screen with remote play: Hi all I have an Xbox series X and a high end TV. In TV settings on the Xbox the resolution is set to 4k uhd but when this set to 4k I am unable to use remote play from my Rog ally,all I get is a...
  6. Xbox remote play

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox remote play: How do I connect remote play Xbox & find the Code after setting up the console 934014ae-5b83-4479-ab80-f8a4646c4dae
  7. Remote play not working but cloud gaming does on "slow internet"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote play not working but cloud gaming does on "slow internet": My issue is that cloud gaming works but remote play doesn't on a slow internet connection. As I see it seems that cloud gaming is better optimized than remote play. I have a surface pro 9 and it...
  8. xbox remote play not working over mobile network.

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox remote play not working over mobile network.: I have a samsung 23 ultra on att network. when I try to remote play on my console though the x box app over my 5 g mobile network I get an error message. I can connect to any wifi and have no...
  9. Remote play keeps loading green ship then disconnects

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play keeps loading green ship then disconnects: Trying to remote play on my phone but it just shows the green ship loading then after a minute it shuts off and saids can't connect to console right now my Xbox is on and both my Xbox and phone...
  10. Remote Play Error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play Error: Remote features are on, but i cant remote play, i tried unplugging and plugging again, turned off remote then thrned on again, but still, it doesnt work, it works right after a session, but after...