When I try to run certain games with my graphics card enabled the game freezes up.

Discus and support When I try to run certain games with my graphics card enabled the game freezes up. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm using Windows 11 Pro. The graphics card is a Radeon RX 580. All of the games are configured in System | Display | Graphics to run on high... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dylan Harris1, Oct 5, 2023.

1. When I try to run certain games with my graphics card enabled the game freezes up.

I'm using Windows 11 Pro. The graphics card is a Radeon RX 580.

All of the games are configured in System | Display | Graphics to run on high performance. The 4 games I'll have as examples are Gunfire Reborn, Terraria, Minecraft, and Overwatch.

When my graphics card is enabled I can run Minecraft, and Terraria. However, Gunfire Reborn and Overwatch will freeze on startup forcing me to restart windows.

When my graphics card is disabled I can run Minecraft, Terraria, and Gunfire (I don't have the integrated CPU specs to play Overwatch without graphics card) Also, the other games usually just end up crashing or triggering bsod when I don't have graphics card enabled.

I'm wondering if anyone can explain why certain games are freezing while other's aren't.

I've updated the driver for the graphics card and it hasn't changed the behavior.

:)

Dylan Harris1, Oct 5, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

When I try to run certain games with my graphics card enabled the game freezes up.