When I try to open Fallout 4 for PC Game Pass I get Error code: (0x87e50028) and -2015294512

Discus and support When I try to open Fallout 4 for PC Game Pass I get Error code: (0x87e50028) and -2015294512 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I open Fallout 4 I get an two error codes. I have already checked to see if my subscription on my Game Pass account has been canceled or has... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JaedonDick, May 20, 2023.

1. JaedonDick
    JaedonDick Guest

When I try to open Fallout 4 for PC Game Pass I get Error code: (0x87e50028) and -2015294512

When I open Fallout 4 I get an two error codes. I have already checked to see if my subscription on my Game Pass account has been canceled or has expired. I have also tried restarting my pc, restarting my router, reinstalling the game, and vice versa. None of these things seem to work.

:)

JaedonDick, May 20, 2023
  2. JaedonDick Win User

screw you guys and your ***** ai.

this solved nothing and i think your support is ****
  3. JaedonDick Win User

Windows is up to date
    Xbox and gaming services are up to date
    Same account used for both
    I have verified and repaired 4-5 times(Can't remember)
    Already did that

And the first three questions
    1. When I installed the game(5 minutes before the post)
    2. No
    3. Version 22H2
  4. Tomm_A Win User

Hello JaedonDick,

Thank you for sharing your concern here in Xbox Community Forum and we hope that all is well.

It appears that you are unable to launch the game in Xbox app due to an error. Let us check on this together and sort this out so that you can get back on gaming.

We would like to ask few questions to help us isolate the issue further.

1. When did the issue start?

2. Has there been any changes with the device before this issue happen.

3. What is the version of Windows you are using? To check, press Windows key + R and type winver and hit enter.

For the meantime, here the troubleshooting steps that we can provide to help resolve the issue:

1. Make sure Windows is up to date

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.
    • On Windows 10, select Update & Security. On Windows 11, select Windows Update.
    • On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to see if any updates are available including optional updates for your device.
    • Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.
    • Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.
    2. Make sure both the Xbox and Gaming Services apps are up to date

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.
    • Select Library.
    • Under Updates & downloads, check if there are any updates available for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app. If an update is available, select Update.
    3. Make sure you are signed in to the Xbox app and the Store with the same account.

> To make sure your permissions for the game can be validated, be sure to sign in to both the Store and the Xbox app using the same account that was used to purchase the game.

4. Repair the game

• Open the Xbox app for Windows.
    • In My Library, select the game title.
    • Select the More options (…) button and choose Manage.
    • Select Files and then Verify and repair.
    5. Uninstall and reinstall Gaming Services

• Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    • In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:
      get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    • In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:
      start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    • Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    • Restart your device and try to install the game again.

For your reference, see: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Tomm_A Win User

Hello,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully

Microsoft Community
  6. Tomm_A Win User

Hello JaedonDick,

Thank you for your prompt response and we appreciate for additional information provided.

We have found a similar thread that is having the same error as you described and the error code 0x87e50028 would mean there is a problem with the Xbox Live Service or your internet connection. The file system error code -2015294512 could indicate a problem with the game files or the storage device.

You can find the link here: When i try opening Fallout 4 or Fallout New Vegas I get an Xbox error - Microsoft Community

We would like to ask additional information to help us isolate the issue.

1. How are you connected with the internet? Is it wired or wireless?

2. Are you able to browse online?

3. Can you install other application or other games through Xbox Game Pass?

For the meantime, we are going to clear Microsoft Store cache. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key + R and type wsreset.exe then hit enter.
    • An empty Command prompt will pop open. Let it be for a few seconds and the command line will close automatically (after it has cleared the cache behind the background) and Microsoft Store will be launched in its place.
    Check also for the Xbox Status page for any outage on the Xbox Service. To check, follow the steps below:

• Go to this link: Xbox Status
    • check for any issue with the Xbox services. If there is wait until the service is up and running and try launching the game again.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

1. When I try to open Fallout 4 for PC Game Pass I get Error code: (0x87e50028) and -2015294512 - Similar Threads - try open Fallout

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Blue screen error whenever I try to open Elden Ring

in XBoX on Windows
    Blue screen error whenever I try to open Elden Ring: I specifically started running into this issue after the dlc for Elden Ring went live on steam. I got the game to run smoothly once yesterday, but today I'm no longer having any success getting...
  4. I am receiving an error code when I try to open any online game. The error code is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am receiving an error code when I try to open any online game. The error code is...: I have over the last year been encountering this error. There are times that I can play like normal but then the error comes back randomly. It at times will last for a few days to weeks. It is...
  5. Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods: Game Bar will not open at all, I've tried uninstalling, and reinstalling. Check for updates. Run commands in Powershell. Restarted my computer numerous of times and still nothing. Does anyone...
  6. Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?: It looks like it’s loading and then automatically a message pops up saying it is unavailable. Not sure what to do. My internet is fine and I have loads of storage on my console. Tried deleting and...
  7. i requested a refund of dark souls 1 because it was not opening no matter what i tried and...

in XBoX on Windows
    i requested a refund of dark souls 1 because it was not opening no matter what i tried and...: i can provide proof of this if needed in video form aaef1a84-9f48-4c12-8cc2-a6bd6c150470
  8. why is my xbox app not launching and i have tried everything to fix it but it wont open?

in XBoX on Windows
    why is my xbox app not launching and i have tried everything to fix it but it wont open?: this i what i get. [img] 06be154a-d84a-4cec-bc89-4ebb3d990854
  9. Nat type moderate trying to make it Nat type open

in XboX Insiders
    Nat type moderate trying to make it Nat type open: Hello I’m using my iPhone 13 Pro to tether WiFi and I’m getting good speeds if I put phone by window like 250download and 40upload and -50latency but I’m in Nat type moderate and I’m trying to...
  10. When I try and open Xbox app, it doesn't load and the Xbox logo doesn't move. It eventually...

in XBoX on Windows
    When I try and open Xbox app, it doesn't load and the Xbox logo doesn't move. It eventually...: I have tried restarting my computer, resetting and repairing the app in settings, and uninstalling and reinstalling, but nothing has worked. This has happened since the app was updated a couple of...