when i try to login to any microsoft thing i get an error "you'll need the internet for this"

Discus and support when i try to login to any microsoft thing i get an error "you'll need the internet for this" in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am connected to the internet and everything else works fine like google steam etc. but i am trying to login to things like minecraft or the game bar... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by max holsomback, Nov 21, 2023.

1. when i try to login to any microsoft thing i get an error "you'll need the internet for this"

I am connected to the internet and everything else works fine like google steam etc. but i am trying to login to things like minecraft or the game bar and it keeps telling me i am not connected to the internet it also has this code thing i dont know if it is helpful or not but it is "0x800704cf" can someone please help me

:)

max holsomback, Nov 21, 2023
  2. Jose Martinez_22 Win User

when i try to login to any microsoft thing i get an error "you'll need the internet for this"

Hello again Max H,

Sorry for the confusion, it shouldn't give you this type of problems even if you are connected via a LAN (Ethernet) cable, since this error happens on Windows as well as on Xbox, I would like to know what devices you are using. Since, as I mentioned previously, you can take a look at the following link where you will find a solution published by the independent advisor Jeisson E. Where he explains how to solve this error code in Windows.

https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/6a1d6ea4-5586-4404-ba30-4f6391356db5

Let me know if this information was useful to you, in case this error appears on an Xbox console, let me know, so I can give you a more specific solution. I am attentive to your response.

I wish you good luck.
  3. max holsomback Win User

i am going to try what is in the link you sent i am on a pc if you are wondering
  4. Jose Martinez_22 Win User

Hello Max H.
    My name is Jose, I am very sorry for what you are going through, I am here to try to solve your problem, you should know that I am not an employee of Microsoft or Xbox, I am a gamer just like you.

You should first run the Internet Connections/Networks/Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter and then run the troubleshooting steps recommended by Microsoft. Update me once done.

A. Run Internet Connections/Network/Hardware and Device Troubleshooters
    Windows Key+I > Update & Security > Troubleshoot >

1. Click Internet Connections > Run the troubleshooter

2. Click Network Adapters > Run the troubleshooter

3. Click Hardware and Devices > Run Troubleshooter

B. IP and DNS settings
    Type ncpa.cpl at Windows Start > Right click on your network > Properties > Select Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4) > Press properties > Make sure the following are checked Get
    an IP address
    Get DNS automatically Server address automatically

C. Go to the Microsoft help link and execute the steps there
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/...

I hope https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/12856e64-44eb-46ce-8f5a-b10a2725be4f

this information is useful

Sincerely,
    José
  5. Jose Martinez_22 Win User

Okay, we are waiting for your response. Let me know if that helps you solve the problem.
  6. max holsomback Win User

Hello it did not work could it be because i am on a wired connection?
Thema:

1. when i try to login to any microsoft thing i get an error "you'll need the internet for this" - Similar Threads - try login microsoft

2. Why doesn’t my Xbox series s connect to xfinity wifi I tried to login and it doesn’t allow...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn’t my Xbox series s connect to xfinity wifi I tried to login and it doesn’t allow...: I dont understand why my Xbox won’t connect to my via network 0540cb0c-6d58-4834-b2ea-cf0f37fd08f3
  3. I am trying to play minecraft, but when i click microsoft login; it puts a random email for...

in XBoX on Windows
    I am trying to play minecraft, but when i click microsoft login; it puts a random email for...: i am trying to log into my microsoft account with xbox, but it auto-fills a email for me and i cant change it, if i click the little back arrow next to the e-mail it completley exits from xbox. I...
  4. Stuck in a loop when trying to login to microsoft account for minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Stuck in a loop when trying to login to microsoft account for minecraft: Hello, I have been trying to sign in to my microsoft account to link it to my minecraft on ps5. I go to the website it tells me to go to when you press sign in on minecraft...
  5. Hello, I recently reset my Microsoft password when trying to login to my Minecraft account,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello, I recently reset my Microsoft password when trying to login to my Minecraft account,...: Hello, I recently reset my Microsoft password when trying to login to my Minecraft account, on the launcher. But when I reset my password and finally logged in, it asked me to make a new gamer...
  6. Cant login into mincraft with Microsoft. Once i try loggin in i get this error.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant login into mincraft with Microsoft. Once i try loggin in i get this error.: Cant login into mincraft with Microsoft. Once i try loggin in i get this error....
  7. Hello, I can't login minecraft official website via microsoft account when i try login...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hello, I can't login minecraft official website via microsoft account when i try login...: Hello, I can't login minecraft official website via microsoft account when i try login with microsoft account i'm getting internal server error with this error link...
  8. I tried to login to dragon city with my microsoft account, but when it's loading, the game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I tried to login to dragon city with my microsoft account, but when it's loading, the game...: Everytime I tried to login to dragon city, it always said "internet error" after the pop up shows. I tried reinstalling, resetting, even restart my pc. It didn't work. I also tried using different...
  9. When I try to login with my Microsoft account it read direct me to the original page where...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I try to login with my Microsoft account it read direct me to the original page where...: When I try to login my account it goes to the Microsoft link and says sign in and then it takes me to the continue link then where I press continue it read direct me to the same page...
  10. I tried to change my Microsoft email account and couldn't login to the old one.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I tried to change my Microsoft email account and couldn't login to the old one.: So today I try to change my minecraft email to my main account so I go into youtube to find a way to change it. I start by going to https://account.microsoft.com/security -> Login to my *** Die...