When I try to join a friend it gets stuck on locating server (Minecraft Bedrock)

Discus and support When I try to join a friend it gets stuck on locating server (Minecraft Bedrock) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So i've been playing minecraft on my computer for a while now, it runs just fine, i can join my friends and they can join me, no problem at all. But,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Moguel24, Jan 5, 2022.

1. Moguel24
    Moguel24 Guest

When I try to join a friend it gets stuck on locating server (Minecraft Bedrock)

So i've been playing minecraft on my computer for a while now, it runs just fine, i can join my friends and they can join me, no problem at all. But, whenever i try to join my friend's world it gets stuck on locating server, this goes for any of his worlds as well but it only happens to me, our other friends can join him just fine . We can play public servers like The Hive together and we can play on my and other friend's worlds fine, but i can't connect to any of his worlds because it gets stuck in locating server, we both play on computer.

:)

Moguel24, Jan 5, 2022
  2. Jay1467 Win User

I'm also having this issue. Do you use Pebble?
  3. AhmedShah0 Win User

Occasionally you can run into problems while trying to connect to a Minecraft server. If you’re confident that you have the right server address, the issue could be related to your system or network.

I would suggest updating your drivers or you need to check your Windows Firewall settings and make sure “javaw.exe” is allowed.

Read this blog: https://cyberxgaming.com/friend-cant-connect-to-minecraft-server/

If your issue is not solved.
  4. Anonymous.97653 Win User

I have tried many solutions - my friend left and rejoined, they restarted their Xbox, I restarted my computer & closed and re-opened Minecraft many times, and nothing worked! We have both checked if Minecraft is up-to-date and it is. What do we do?
  5. Kynriah Win User

Having the exact same issue except I can join his other worlds... Everyone else can join and he can join all of mine and I can join everyone else's it's so weird. Stays on "locating server" forever.

Cleared cache in game, logged in and out of Xbox account, tried having him make a copy of the world and still no luck. Might try reinstalling idk.
  6. XBF - Staniel Win User

Greetings Moguel24,

I would recommend having your friend try removing you from the server, restarting the server/game, and adding you back in. See if this clears it up.

You may also need to clear your cache in the game as something might have got corrupted or broken when trying to connect to server. This might include any resource packs needed to join the server.

On Your computer, login into Minecraft Bedrock edition and go to the main screen

Go to Settings

Scroll down to Storage

Go to the right to Cached Data

A drop-down list of all your cached resource packs will show up now

Anything that is corrupted will have a missing or generic picture

You can click on any item and select the Trash Can item will appear allowing you to delete them

I would recommend deleting anything in here that looks like its missing info. You can also delete everything in this cached data section as it will simply redownload again when you join a server.

Hope this helps and happy gaming.
Thema:

1. When I try to join a friend it gets stuck on locating server (Minecraft Bedrock) - Similar Threads - try join friend

2. Trying to join a party but whenever i do i get kicked, same thing with hosting a party...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Trying to join a party but whenever i do i get kicked, same thing with hosting a party...: Hadn't had this issue until lately, tried power cycling, resetting the router, checked if my privacy settings were weird, it wasn't any of that, also the error code isn't listed anywhere which is...
  3. Error code 0x8924000D when trying to join party

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Error code 0x8924000D when trying to join party: When I join or someone else joins a party I’m in it disconnects me and shows error code 0x8924000D 3843af8b-4e32-4079-8947-004f9f60f3ca
  4. "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...

in XBoX on Windows
    "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...: Okay so Recently I updated Game bar one day and then whenever i joined a party on pc it would say everyone in the party was disconnected and then after a few minutes it would say "Something went...
  5. I keep getting party disconnected every time I try join a friend's party, but when I create...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I keep getting party disconnected every time I try join a friend's party, but when I create...: If I create a party chat friends can join me and party chat is fine. But if I try join a friend's party chat it just keeps giving my connecting and then disconnects me. We have even tried that the...
  6. I joined a minecraft realm with my friend yesterday but then today when i tried to get back...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I joined a minecraft realm with my friend yesterday but then today when i tried to get back...: someone please help me resolve this problem 15130683-eff0-44a3-8017-320cad14931c
  7. When ever I try to join my Xbox friends on my Switch a pop up happens.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When ever I try to join my Xbox friends on my Switch a pop up happens.: I’ve tried restarting my switch and I’ve tried connecting to a different WiFi but it just doesn’t work, so I have zero idea what to do next. The pop up says “Unable to connect, restart you client....
  8. Me and my friend are trying to play portal 2 co-op online but it’s not letting us join...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Me and my friend are trying to play portal 2 co-op online but it’s not letting us join...: Portal two online multiplayer on Xbox 1 d4d3f761-82bd-4260-8326-7097d9741db5
  9. Why connection timed out when I try to join my friends world on IOS Ipad?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why connection timed out when I try to join my friends world on IOS Ipad?: PLEASE HELP IM TRYING TO JOIN MY FRIENDS WORLD AND I CANT BECAUSE IT SAYS UNABLE TO CONNECT CONNECTION TIMED OUT IM ON IPAD IOS PLEASE HELP IM UPDATED 89fd3df2-b496-4ac1-8c97-81cb7b836a6f
  10. i buy dying light 2 to my friend and when he try to join me the game ask him a membership

in XBoX on Windows
    i buy dying light 2 to my friend and when he try to join me the game ask him a membership: i buy dying light 2 to my friend and when he try to join me the game ask him a membership we did all what we need to play coop and i can ,its only him that the game ask a membership and he have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Minecraft ps4 locating server 2022