When I start an Xbox party or join one, the screen says "connecting" but I can't speak to...

Discus and support When I start an Xbox party or join one, the screen says "connecting" but I can't speak to... in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; When I start an Xbox party or join one, the screen says "connecting" but I can't speak to my friends. Then it removes me and says party chat... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Brian Ferguson3, Apr 13, 2024.

1. When I start an Xbox party or join one, the screen says "connecting" but I can't speak to...

When I start an Xbox party or join one, the screen says "connecting" but I can't speak to my friends. Then it removes me and says party chat disconnected. What can I do?

:)

Brian Ferguson3, Apr 13, 2024
  2. Path Of Giggles Win User

Unable to play games with 1 friend specifically.

There is No Xbox messages that appear, only ones that appear olare the one on the games itself.

Fifa says- Cant connect to opponent

MW- Can't join party or party member started a game

Star wars says nothing except unable to connect.
  3. WhiteKnight9796 Win User

Am able to connect to xbox live but cant play online

Hello, when i try to joining a party it will attempt to connect for 5-20 seconds then say "can't connect to Xbox Live party. There may be network problems" I live in Ontario, Canada and my account is set to the same.
  4. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

When I start an Xbox party or join one, the screen says "connecting" but I can't speak to my friends. Then it removes me and says party chat disconnected. What can I do?

Hi Brian, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, change your connection DNS.

Follow these steps:

Go to Profile and System > Settings

In the Settings menu, select General > Network settings.

Select the network you're connected to, then select Advanced settings > Manual

On the DNS field, input these:

Primary: 8.8.8.8

Secondary: 8.8.4.4

Save settings.

If it still does not work, please, if you know how to do it, make a Wi-Fi hotspot router on your phone and connect to it.

That way we can isolate the issue, by testing another internet connection, using your mobile data plan.

Let me know if it works!
  5. MLG G4M3R45 Win User

feedback? how?

Ugh! There's still a bug that keeps me from joining partys'. I tried joining my friends party but it kept on saying can't connect to xbox live party, same for my friends, they can't join my party's unless they reset their (turn off/turn back on) xbox.
  6. InfernoWolfNLD Win User

Group xbox live and chat

Hey Andrea,

When you say "impossible to join a group", do you mean that it says "Can't connect to Xbox Live party" or something similar to that?
Thema:

When I start an Xbox party or join one, the screen says "connecting" but I can't speak to...

1. When I start an Xbox party or join one, the screen says "connecting" but I can't speak to... - Similar Threads - start party join

2. Why am I getting stuck in game chat whenever I start a party or invite someone and then I'm...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why am I getting stuck in game chat whenever I start a party or invite someone and then I'm...: My question was in the title. 000f7462-b93c-4241-a2b4-c7a3e1015b0c
  3. i keep getting error code 0x8000FFFF when i try to start a party on the XSS

in XBoX on Consoles
    i keep getting error code 0x8000FFFF when i try to start a party on the XSS: i’ve done everything i can think of and even went as far as taking my xbox apart, cleaning it, AND reapplying thermal paste. factory reset unplug for 8 hours( i full power down and unplug it...
  4. Xbox won’t let me join or start a party.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox won’t let me join or start a party.: I try starting a party and it’s grayed out. I try joining a party and it doesn't even attempt to join. Please fix 9d4e6763-b7b4-44ef-ad87-3eb76a1cc5ba
  5. I’m playing rainbow six on Xbox series X, I’m able to start party chats and hear and talk...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m playing rainbow six on Xbox series X, I’m able to start party chats and hear and talk...: I’m trying to play rainbow six with friends on PlayStation. But it shows their mic box grey and I’m unable to change any setting that would allow me to hear them, pleaseeee help. This has been...
  6. I can’t join/start parties?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can’t join/start parties?: For some reason whenever I get a party invite and go to join, it tells me there is no party available, and when I go to start a party, it doesn’t let me load into it. What can I do to fix this...
  7. What to do if you join a friend's party and someone in it starts follow spamming you?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    What to do if you join a friend's party and someone in it starts follow spamming you?: I joined a friend's party and thought they were annoying so I left, almost immediately after I started getting flooded with follows and it won't stop, I have no idea what to do as I don't want the...
  8. Can only join a party if I start it, but can't join anyone elses

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can only join a party if I start it, but can't join anyone elses: When I'm invited to a party, I get stuck on 'connecting' then removed from the party, however if I start the party myself and invite the others it works. Any ideas why this might be? I've tried...
  9. Sometimes my xbox parties will work without issue but randomly it will start connecting

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Sometimes my xbox parties will work without issue but randomly it will start connecting: Anyone else have the same issue because this has been happening for weeks now and i cant find a solution all tho i have tried dozens of methods to fix it and my nat type is fine and my internet is...
  10. I can't start or join parties on the Xbox app everytime I try it just says you are not in a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't start or join parties on the Xbox app everytime I try it just says you are not in a...: Additional info.. I have a Motorola g pure Yes, the app is updated 293531c0-32fb-4059-addf-c29ab867eb30