When I select start recording, it doesn't start recording. It still says start recording.

Discus and support When I select start recording, it doesn't start recording. It still says start recording. in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; When I hit start recording it does not start recording after the recording started dialogue box shows. I have hard reset my xbox, removed and added... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by AdamSnqR, Jan 3, 2023.

1. AdamSnqR
    AdamSnqR Guest

When I select start recording, it doesn't start recording. It still says start recording.

When I hit start recording it does not start recording after the recording started dialogue box shows. I have hard reset my xbox, removed and added account. I have full internal storage but a 256gb memory stick I just bought. Set up for 60 minute game recording. No recording starts when I click the option to start recording. When I choose record what happened it says there's no storage space left. The external memory stick is empty and formatted to NTFS

:)

AdamSnqR, Jan 3, 2023
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hello AdamSnqR,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand the inconvenience caused. As per description, you are having trouble on recording getting an error message that your storage is full though you have an empty memory stick newly bought. Let us check on this together and sort this out to assist your concern.

However, we’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you. To start, please provide us information/answer on the following questions:

1. Are you trying to record games, what are these games?
    2. What platform are you playing (Xbox Console, PC or phone)
    3. What is the current version and edition of Windows Installed? (Search for WINVER in Windows search to see this)
    4. Xbox app and Gaming services version? Xbox app > select Profile picture > Settings > About.
    5. What other troubleshooting steps have you done?
    6. Was this working before?
    7. Recent activity or changes made before the issue appeared?
    8. Do you mind sending the screenshot of the error message?
    So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

Option 1.

1. Plug an external storage device (USB 3.0, NTFS-formatted) into your Xbox. ...
    2. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, then select System > Settings > Preferences > Capture & share.
    3. Select Capture location, then choose a destination for your game clips and screenshots.
    Option 2.

Check how much storage is on the Hard Drive.

Then go to you Advanced Options in the Xbox Menu where you record.

Set to External Hard Drive instead if Internal Hard Drive.

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hi AdamSnqR

We haven't heard from you for 72 hours, so we assume the issue has already been resolved. We will not monitor this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. SMG90x Win User

Uploading videos to youtube

So when i say xbox record that will it end a clip or will it start recording from that point?
  5. BobMcFly247 Win User

Can I stop games from auto recording clips?

That's what it's doing. If you disable this checkbox in the settings, there will be no more automatic recording, but you are still able to start recording by saying "Xbox record that!".

There is no option to have it disabled only for certain games.
  6. RavagedUnicorn Win User

Xbox game clips

Just to be clear, when you choose "record" it will record the up to the point when you choose record. It won't start recording from that point on.
Thema:

1. When I select start recording, it doesn't start recording. It still says start recording. - Similar Threads - select start recording

2. My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?: I had disconnected and reconnected to my xbox and it's still not letting me select anything while I also tried a different xbox and it still didn't work 821e57ac-9075-4de5-a1fc-e854d7b50038
  3. LB, RB, X, Y, A, SELECT, START and DPAD does not work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    LB, RB, X, Y, A, SELECT, START and DPAD does not work.: I tried to watch hulu one day, started up the controller and console like normal, was able to open hulu with the buttons but after that all buttons except L3 R3 RT LT stopped working, I've tried...
  4. Dungeon Keeper 2 on Game Pass, not working, can't select anything from game start menu with...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dungeon Keeper 2 on Game Pass, not working, can't select anything from game start menu with...: Microsoft Game Pass PC on Windows 10, trying to play Dungeon Keeper 2, but the mouse or keyboard doesn't work, so you can't start the game or select anything from the game starting menu! REALLY...
  5. LB, RB, X, Y, A, SELECT, START and DPAD does not work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    LB, RB, X, Y, A, SELECT, START and DPAD does not work.: I was playing some NBA2k23 this morning and I usually do it through cloud gaming, so I am able to hear the game through my pc, and randomly, the buttons listed above stopped working, I have tried...
  6. I have a request for xcloud when I press start and select I want the home menu to appear

in XboX Insiders
    I have a request for xcloud when I press start and select I want the home menu to appear: As when I press home on my xbox controller it takes me to my phones home submitted by /u/wateroverlord [link] [comments]
  7. Elite controller - menu/back/select/start buttons

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller - menu/back/select/start buttons: Hello everyone just picked up an elite controller, and compared to my old xbox controllers the menu/back buttons feel very soft with no noticeable on/off position. Feel very mushy. Is this as it...
  8. HW2 won't let me select a profile on the start screen, cannot move past

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HW2 won't let me select a profile on the start screen, cannot move past: Hello. On the start screen when I click 'Choose Profile' I get a popup saying I must choose a valid profile to proceed and giving me the option to try again or exit the game. This appears to...
  9. Select any App to Start up with Boot

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Select any App to Start up with Boot: Hello everyone, I would like to Startup my Xbox One and after boot or with boot it starts an App automatically. My wish: Turn on Xbox and it automatically boots into the App Tunein Radio, which...
  10. Cannot start any app or select commands

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot start any app or select commands: Have this problem about once a week for the last couple months. Completely unplugging the xbox from the power supply and rebooting it corrects the problem. The problem seems to occur most often...