when I receive my security info confirmation pin, where will it be sent?

Discus and support when I receive my security info confirmation pin, where will it be sent? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; so a while back I had my account hacked and the hacker changed my login email and password. By some miracle I got back in and changed my security info.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Myles Vorisek, Jul 6, 2023.

1. when I receive my security info confirmation pin, where will it be sent?

so a while back I had my account hacked and the hacker changed my login email and password. By some miracle I got back in and changed my security info. new password, alternative email, and 2fa. My account was then of course locked for 30 days. what I want to know is; when I receive the pin to reopen my account; where will it be sent? attached below is the message received when trying to change my account security info. the top email is the hackers alt emial. the bottom email is my new alt email. which one will the security PIN be sent to? here's the screenshot (on imgur): link to image

:)

Myles Vorisek, Jul 6, 2023
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hello Myles Vorisek,

We appreciate you for bringing this up to Xbox Forum.

When you receive the security PIN to reopen your account, it will be sent to the alternative email that you provided when you changed your security information.

Just want to inform you that the attached link of the screenshot is not viewable from my end. To further understand and assist you better, we suggest copying and paste the screenshot of the file to include on this post. Just a heads up you don't need to put some personal information on the screenshot, if ever there are, kindly erase it.

If you have other clarifications, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hi Myles Vorisek,

We haven't heard from you for 72 hours, so we assume the issue has already been resolved. We will not monitor this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community
  4. Francia J. Win User

Signing in PIN problem

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

You may need to reset your PIN by following the steps below:

1. On the sign-in screen, select I forgot my PIN below the PIN text box. If there are multiple accounts on the PC, choose the one you need to reset.

2. On the Enter your password screen, type the password for your Microsoft account and then select Next.

3. On the Help us protect your info screen, choose to receive your security code either as a text or email message. If you select the text, type the last four digits of your phone number, and then select Send Code. Learn more about security info and security codes

4. When you get the code as a text or email message on a separate device, enter it on the Enter the code you received screen, and then select Next.

5. In the Set up a PIN dialog box, enter your new PIN and confirm it. Your new PIN is now set.

You can check this link for your reference: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/tro...
  5. joe darconte Win User

Cannot grant allowance.

Still does not work.... akk u see up top of the screen is

Follow the confirmation instructions we sent to your existing security info or click on the confirm link below.

The following security info will be removed on 7/9/2012. If you're still using it, recover your security info.

problem is i do not have that phone anymore nor the number.. none of the send confirmation links work i click them and never get a code, this is so frustrating.
  6. drenchattack12 Win User

Security Proof Issue

I have two e-mails that this confirmation can be sent to. They are both valid and I use them often. I've tried the one that's directly linked with my Microsoft account with no luck and the alternative e-mail and had the same results of no e-mail received.
    I've always had my number linked with my account, but recently it has shown up with the "Can we use this info to help protect your account? Look for the instructions we've sent you at..." at the top of my security info page. I received the Live message in
    my inbox stating Microsoft was going to be requiring use of two proofs and that I could go into my settings and add one, so I'm unsure if my account needs the number or not, which is why I'd like to confirm it to be safe since that's the easiest way to contact
    me if it were necessary. Yes, I am the only person using the e-mail linked with my Microsoft account. Is there any specific area of Microsoft that needs contacted with this, as there really isn't a whole lot of contact info found in the immediate area of
    dealing with the security info.
Thema:

1. when I receive my security info confirmation pin, where will it be sent? - Similar Threads - receive security info

2. I bought 330 minecoins for 2000 microsoft points twice but never received an email to claim...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought 330 minecoins for 2000 microsoft points twice but never received an email to claim...: I bought them about a minute apart so maybe that's the problem but I never received the email to claim the second lot of 330 minecoins 7bb13d8e-9715-4bdb-8873-16f7a9e300b5
  3. I keep receiving the system error E102 00000C01 8007045D

in XBoX on Consoles
    I keep receiving the system error E102 00000C01 8007045D: I keep receiving the system error E102 00000C01 8007045D 33d17f4b-f468-4c7a-bc31-2531e78a8289
  4. I haven't received the shipping label to return an item in warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    I haven't received the shipping label to return an item in warranty: I have completed an order to return a faulty controller and have been waiting 3 days to get the email with the return label to send it back to you,. It is not in my spam/junk folder it is not on...
  5. Not Receiving Security Code to Log-in to Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Not Receiving Security Code to Log-in to Account: I am not receiving security codes to my phone or email address in order to login to my account. The correct phone and email address are on file on my account. This problem has been an issue for 24...
  6. Why have i stopped receiving security codes via text?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why have i stopped receiving security codes via text?: Last night i was setting up my new series x. when trying to play MW3, it would not connect, saying i needed game pass (which i have, i was playing gamepass games prior to this point). while trying...
  7. Someone is trying to access my account. I keep receiving security codes in my email that I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Someone is trying to access my account. I keep receiving security codes in my email that I...: I have received 2 request codes since yesterday evening that I never sent and I cannot figure out how to directly get in contact with microsoft to ensure that I am secure. What can I do....
  8. when I receive my security info confirmation pin after the 30 days, where will it be sent?

in XBoX Accessibility
    when I receive my security info confirmation pin after the 30 days, where will it be sent?: so I had my account hacked a while back and I reset all my security info. changed my password, alt email and 2fa. and Microsoft of course has locked out access to my security for 30 days and after...
  9. Not receiving security verification to gmail...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Not receiving security verification to gmail...: A security verification email was suppose to be sent to my gmail account some hours ago from trying to log into an xbox and after logging in on my laptop while trying to verify it was me in the...
  10. How can I log in while I'm not receiving the security code on my phone number?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I log in while I'm not receiving the security code on my phone number?: I always receive a security code to enter my xbox account but now I didn't receive a code to my number, also I'm sure that there's no problem with my number or even the signal, So how can I enter...