When I plug in my headset in my controller my tv gets a lot louder.

Discus and support When I plug in my headset in my controller my tv gets a lot louder. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I plug my headset into my controller and my tv gets a lot louder. I’m just wondering why it does this? Is there a way I can keep the loudness without... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dakota Jankowski, Jan 21, 2024.

1. When I plug in my headset in my controller my tv gets a lot louder.

I plug my headset into my controller and my tv gets a lot louder. I’m just wondering why it does this? Is there a way I can keep the loudness without the headset plugged in?

:)

Dakota Jankowski, Jan 21, 2024
  2. Jhonkito Win User

Hi, Dakota my name is Jhon and will be a pleasure help you.

When you plug in your headset into your controller, the audio is directed to both the TV and the headset 1. If you want to hear the audio only through your headset, you can adjust the audio settings on your Xbox One console. Here’s how you can do it:

Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Volume & audio output.

Under Headset audio, select Headset.

Under Speaker audio, select Do nothing.

This will ensure that the audio is only directed to your headset and not the TV.

If you want to hear the audio through both the TV and the headset, you can adjust the volume of your TV to your desired level

I hope this helps! Don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or need additional clarification.
  3. Viking360 Win User

Audio on both Headset and TV Speakers

FYI, on my original Xbox one
    when I plug in a headset into the controller the audio is redirected from the TV/HDMI to Headset and then when unplugged the audio is returned to the TV/HDMI.
  4. PanthersFanDay1 Win User

Headset will not allow me to hear others, but they can hear me

Sorry, forgot to mention...

I can hear others through my tv when the headset adapter is not plugged in to my controller.

Both headsets I have tried are made my Microsoft for the xbox one. One is the standard headset that comes with the system, and the other is the plugged in through the adapter. Where I have also tried plugging in another headset through it.

Nothing has worked.
  5. ZdawgDaddy Win User

Headset Disconnects Controller

When my headset is plugged in when I power on my controller it never comes on. The controller just blinks. I have to plug in the headset after the power is fully on the headset. Then it works fine.
  6. TripzyOda Win User

People in my parties say my XBox One mic is making "static" noises

This was a known issue, yes, but I have a TB x12 headset along with the adapter, everything is updated and I still get a lot of static while my controller is plugged into ANYTHING. It puts out a lot of static whether the controller is plugged into the console,
    tv usb, or my computer. I don't understand what they were supposed to fix in April if I am still having the issue today, May 4th. If anyone has a solution to this issue, I'm sure it will go a long way in helping to solve similar issues.
Thema:

1. When I plug in my headset in my controller my tv gets a lot louder. - Similar Threads - plug headset controller

2. Xbox believes my headset is permanently plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox believes my headset is permanently plugged in: So my Xbox randomly started displaying my headset as being permanently plugged in, before and after this issue I've been using the same controller and the same headset so I don't believe this is...
  3. Why is the port for my headphones wobbly when i plug my headset in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the port for my headphones wobbly when i plug my headset in: I just bought a brand new Series X yesterday and when i plugged my headset into my remote i noticed that the headphone jack wobbles around ALOT and effects the audio not sure why but its brand new...
  4. Controller disconnects when headset is plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller disconnects when headset is plugged in: Hi, my daughter is trying to play my xbox one when she plugs a headset in it works OK in the fortnight lobby but as soon as a game loads it disconnects the controller. Any ideas? Thanks...
  5. Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?: The moment I plug my headset in to my Razer Wolverine V2 controller the sound mode on my XBOX changes the audio output to stereo uncompressed. The sound output cannot be changed back to any type...
  6. How do I stop my Xbox controller from randomly turning off when a headset is plugged into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I stop my Xbox controller from randomly turning off when a headset is plugged into...: My Xbox controller turns off intermittently while playing COD and any other game. This only happens when a headset is plugged into the 3.5mm jack and most of the time in party chat. This was...
  7. Mic monitoring resets everytime I plug in my controller and headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic monitoring resets everytime I plug in my controller and headset: Everytime I plug in my wired controller (gamesir g7 se) and my wired headset (steelseries) my mic monitoring is on. The only way I've found to turn if off is to go into a party and go to audio...
  8. When my headset is plugged into my controller over Bluetooth it does not work. It works...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When my headset is plugged into my controller over Bluetooth it does not work. It works...: I have updated the controller’s firmware and have used 2 different headsets with this same problem. Thx in advance for any help or ideas. c0d340b6-5047-450c-b9e4-f706899d4489
  9. I’m using an elite series 2 controller, I plug in my headset and I can hear people talking...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m using an elite series 2 controller, I plug in my headset and I can hear people talking...: I’m using an elite series 2 controller, I plug in my headset and I can hear people talking in party but they can’t hear me. I’m not muted, I updated my controller. Idk what to do...
  10. Xbox Series X|S Controller grays out Headset Chat Mixer when headphones are plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X|S Controller grays out Headset Chat Mixer when headphones are plugged in: When I plug in my Razor headset (wired) into my wireless X|S Controller it grays out the Headset Chat Mixer. I'm in the Alpha Ring of the Insider Updates, so I'm unsure if it's the Insider or...