When I play some games, they sometimes freeze and require the console to be restarted, How...

Discus and support When I play some games, they sometimes freeze and require the console to be restarted, How... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I play some games, they sometimes freeze and require the console to be restarted, How can I resolve this. 6851b925-d7f9-43eb-b3ad-11e1d0e04e04 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kevin_1963, Jul 31, 2023.

1. Kevin_1963
    Kevin_1963 Guest

When I play some games, they sometimes freeze and require the console to be restarted, How...

When I play some games, they sometimes freeze and require the console to be restarted, How can I resolve this.

:)

Kevin_1963, Jul 31, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

When I play some games, they sometimes freeze and require the console to be restarted, How can I resolve this.

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try the following steps one at a time to resolve the issue:

Solution 1: Do a power cycle to clear the cache of the console

1. Turn off the Xbox console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4, Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox console.

Solution 2: Check for any pending system updates.

Make sure your console is connected to the internet, and then press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select System > Settings.

Select System > Updates & downloads.

Under "Updates", you'll see: Console update available. Select this button to begin your update.

Solution 3: If you do have an external hard drive connected to the console. Please turn off your console then disconnect the external hard drive. Turn on your console without it and see if it works fine when playing games.

Solution 4: Do a factory reset

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.

3. Select Reset console.

4. Reset and keep my games & apps.
  3. Sulhan Nora Win User

My xbox series x freeze, what should i do

I have tried for each game digital game or disc & play with online or offline (set home) when play game same problem (freeze) or sometimes it restart itself.
  4. IngameInstincts Win User

Freezing When Opening Doors?

That is when my game only freeze ...is really frustrating IMO if you didn't save earlier but now that is once of my first rules. So my advice is to always save when you are going to open a door and to save often. I turn off the auto saves i only have the
    save while resting. Evil you need restart the console when that happens....yea sometimes is take time but sometimes the smoke or animation freeze and there is when you need restart.
  5. Axel Foley ftw Win User

fifa 14 freezing and restarting

this is so stupid.. how can you sell a game when it doesn't work for **** this game is so horrible. i have no idea what to do with it. random freezing that makes my xbox one restart and even shutdown sometimes
  6. CLR iFiReHaWk Win User

What is going on with my console?

I restart my console, i choose to delete everything, and i installed the game again, now is working but, sometimes, the game fails and everything freezes.
Thema:

1. When I play some games, they sometimes freeze and require the console to be restarted, How... - Similar Threads - play games sometimes

2. I really want to play the game We Happy Few on Xbox one with my mouse and keyboard, the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I really want to play the game We Happy Few on Xbox one with my mouse and keyboard, the...: I really want to play the game We Happy Few on Xbox one with my mouse and keyboard, the keyboard works well but the mouse doesn't, I tested with different mice and it didn't work...
  3. Cloud saved game data storage full. Can’t play DLC’s

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cloud saved game data storage full. Can’t play DLC’s: I have the DLC’s for Left 4 dead purchased and have for a long time and they used to work. My cloud saved data now says that its full and when it prompts me to click when I’m trying to load Left 4...
  4. IA gaming language. I knows a lot of people doesn't buy and play games in the reason of...

in XboX Insiders
    IA gaming language. I knows a lot of people doesn't buy and play games in the reason of...: With IA you can translate audio in every language of the world. This feature, as you can understood, Is essential for gamers and developer and could be added as a accessibility setting, or instead...
  5. Explorer.exe seem reset itself while playing game after having freezing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Explorer.exe seem reset itself while playing game after having freezing: It's a little confusing how I explain it, but I'll explain what I can, so this is how every time I play games that are considered heavy, such as COD Modern Warfare 2019, Ghost of Tsushima, and...
  6. Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.

in XBoX on Windows
    Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.: I downgraded from Game Pass Ultimate to Game Pass Console, and now xbox won't let me play games I purchased on- line. Like Call of Duty or Dead by Daylight. It keeps directing me to get GamePass...
  7. I recently refunded a game and it says I cant play it but when I go to my revolute account...

in XBoX on Windows
    I recently refunded a game and it says I cant play it but when I go to my revolute account...: Here is the Revolut message 6dd93ab6-f3ba-42c2-92eb-468690d1d368
  8. Why can’t I play single player on games that offer both- single and multiplayer options?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I play single player on games that offer both- single and multiplayer options?: I have Minecraft and other games that allow you to play solo, no multiplayer. When I click the game it says “ looks like you need to renew Xbox game pass. If your subscriptions current try...
  9. My Xbox crashes on every game I play unless it’s on cloud gaming and sometimes completely...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox crashes on every game I play unless it’s on cloud gaming and sometimes completely...: I have had my Xbox series x for a little while now and was working fine, until recently I did the new COD update and ever since my Xbox keeps crashing religiously. The only game I have played that...
  10. When playing cod mw2 online my game sometime closes down during a match today after it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When playing cod mw2 online my game sometime closes down during a match today after it...: Any help on this would be great sick of game closing down during a match 3ff11b19-0cf9-4f20-81c0-5e341d280124