When I log into Minecraft using Microsoft credentials it loads the wrong gamer tag.

Discus and support When I log into Minecraft using Microsoft credentials it loads the wrong gamer tag. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I think my account may have been hacked. I checked all my account info and changed the password. When I open the PC Minecraft launcher, it shows my... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Mills2121, Dec 19, 2022.

1. Mills2121
    Mills2121 Guest

When I log into Minecraft using Microsoft credentials it loads the wrong gamer tag.

I think my account may have been hacked. I checked all my account info and changed the password. When I open the PC Minecraft launcher, it shows my correct gamertag (I hope that is the right word). It is like this "Joe363636". When I click on that it verifies my Microsoft email and password and then opens a different gamertag like "Joe364253". When I go to look at my user profiles I see both gamertags. I cannot delete the second one and if I try to activate the first one, it tries to send a code to an email that is not mine. I don't see that email address anywhere else - not in my XBox or Microsoft profile info.

I have reached out to Mojang and they refer me to Microsoft. The tech made a good effort yesterday but could not access the gamertags to change my account in any way. Today, the website just wants to refer me to a chatbot that delivers hints and links that don't help anything.

:)

Mills2121, Dec 19, 2022
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hi Mills2121,

We haven't heard from you for 72 hours, so we assume the issue has already been resolved. We will not monitor this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hi Mills2121,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we are here to help. As per description, you are having trouble with your login to your account, and you are thinking that this might been hacked already. Let us check on this together and sort this out to assist your concern. However, before we proceed, we would like to ask some questions.

1. Is it a Minecraft Java edition?
    2. Did you use the valid username and password on your Mojang account?
    3. Do you mind sending a screenshot of the error message so we could sort it out correctly?
    4. If this your first login, have you migrated your account already?
    5. What account do you think that is being hacked, the Minecraft or Microsoft account?
    Try to log in to your Microsoft account using this link, Microsoft account | Home and see if you can still sign in. If you cannot then there is a problem with your account.

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. RoboKOP LIVE Win User

Minecraft bedrock. Wrong account!

I ha e never been asked to log into minecraft as its on the ps4. The remote connect login page doesn't show any gamer tag. Only asks you for your Microsoft login details. Email and password. I've downloaded the xbox app and logged in with the same details
    to check and it's the correct account for when I had an xbox. But when using the same details on the remote connect for ps4 minecraft, it's logging me in with a completely different gamer tag and gamer tag picture.

To add to the issue I've logged out of that account on minecraft on the ps4 and tried again using remote connect on the laptop (to see if there's some issue with logging on with my phone) and after entering my email address and password, the ps4 minecraft
    says that it will not log in with these details as I've already logged in with the gamer tag I don't recognise. It let's you sign out but it says I can only use that a account.
  5. aslender mammal Win User

cant register my new xbox one !!!,

I'm having the same issue where I cannot log into my account on my services.Xbox.. I can log into my gamer tag via Microsoft id on website but the same credentials yield error: access denied when loging into my services.Xbox... any suggestions??
  6. {Parity} Win User

Unable to sign in on Xbox One

It looks like you may have created a new account instead of changing the gamer tag. Did you use the same e-mail address as before? Try logging into the console using the credentials of the old gamer tag.
Thema:

1. When I log into Minecraft using Microsoft credentials it loads the wrong gamer tag. - Similar Threads - log Minecraft using

2. I cant log into my minecraft account using my Microsoft migration email or other information

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant log into my minecraft account using my Microsoft migration email or other information: None of my skins are there with the email and neither is my in game name b368e3dc-be96-4deb-9931-9473d3e3e35e
  3. Can't Log into Minecraft using my Microsoft account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't Log into Minecraft using my Microsoft account.: I recently got signed out of my Minecraft launcher, and when I tried to sign back in, it says I got my password wrong, even though I use the same password to sign into Microsoft Store. I received...
  4. I've been logged out my minecraft account but I've forgot the email I used for it. I have a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've been logged out my minecraft account but I've forgot the email I used for it. I have a...: I've tried the username lookup but that hasn't helped with what's going on. My minecraft gamertag is EpikGamer1241 I know it but I've forgotten my email for the minecraft account ( I also know...
  5. I have forgotten what email i used to log into my Minecraft account. Is it possible to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have forgotten what email i used to log into my Minecraft account. Is it possible to...: recently had the urge the play Minecraft, however i forgot the email so this was not possible. tried all the emails i could remember but none of them worked. So im hoping that its possible to...
  6. when I log-in to Minecraft (Bedrock, PC) using Xbox Live says "System could not find the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    when I log-in to Minecraft (Bedrock, PC) using Xbox Live says "System could not find the...: when I log-in to Minecraft (Bedrock, PC) using Xbox Live says "System could not find the file specified" 8fb0f483-d302-45ff-82a7-bdac7655c581
  7. I want to log into a different account on minecraft, but when I try to log in using the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to log into a different account on minecraft, but when I try to log in using the...: It seems my Minecraft is somehow "linked" to an email, which got stolen from and I can't access it anymore. I made a different account using a different email, but when I want to log in, it...
  8. Can't use ms authentication to log into minecraft in 3rd-party launchers

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't use ms authentication to log into minecraft in 3rd-party launchers: Having migrated against my will and better judgement to microsoft account, I tried to use microsoft authentication to play some goode olde modded session. This attempt was a failure, as both...
  9. I don’t know the Microsoft account I used to log into my Minecraft account and nothing is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I don’t know the Microsoft account I used to log into my Minecraft account and nothing is...: I’m trying to log into my Microsoft account for Minecraft but it keeps saying the error “a account is already logged into this Minecraft account” but then not say said Microsoft account anywhere....
  10. So, I’m trying to use this Microsoft account to log into my Minecraft account but it keeps...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So, I’m trying to use this Microsoft account to log into my Minecraft account but it keeps...: “oops! looks like the Microsoft account you are trying to use is already connected to another account on Playstation Network” I’ve already messaged Mojang and now I am going to message...