When I launch Xbox App games on PC, right after signing in I get a Blue Screen Of Death

Discus and support When I launch Xbox App games on PC, right after signing in I get a Blue Screen Of Death in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; It doesn't matter what game it is, at all, I always get a BSOD that says the error: "KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED" whatever the hell that means. I've... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by sleepygamer, Jun 11, 2023.

1. sleepygamer
    sleepygamer Guest

When I launch Xbox App games on PC, right after signing in I get a Blue Screen Of Death

It doesn't matter what game it is, at all, I always get a BSOD that says the error: "KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED" whatever the hell that means.

I've played gamepass games on the same system with the same software alongside and everything was fine, you guys update the app then suddenly any game I wanna play crashes my PC. PLEASE FIX THIS. IT'S STILL HAPPENING IN 2023.

:)

sleepygamer, Jun 11, 2023
  2. Tezzarrific Win User

the windows apps do not cause this issue. it is a system file issue.
  3. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help with your Xbox app games issue.

Try this:

Let's reset the Xbox app first then do a store reset as well.

Click Start and click Settings; Select Apps & features. Find the Xbox app and click Advanced options. Click Reset then also click repair.

Once done, please do this:

Click Start and search for wsreset, right click then open as admin, wait for the store to load up again.

Once done, try again please.

If that does not help, try doing a reset.

Use the "Reset this PC guide"

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/rec...

See if that helps.

If not, try installing games on another drive.
  4. Tezzarrific Win User

KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED is system corruption, could be a faulty gpu driver or faulty system files.

run windows updates fully

run updates in the windows store

update your gpu drivers to the latest

then run system file checker, this will find and replace broken system files

right click start menu icon and open command prompt with admin privileges

type sfc /scannow

once finished restart the pc and try the games
  5. Ironmaiden76 Win User

wireless display app for xbox

the PC is miracast compatible (i have cecked, as i write before) and i launch from the pc when the xbox app is on the blue screen, but the issue come after this...
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

PC crashing with only Halo or Xbox APP Installed

Hi,

A Windows BSOD (blue screen of death) isn't going to be something that the Xbox App creates. The Xbox App may well be in beta but it's not unstable and it doesn't create blue screen errors.

If your system is freezing and is getting stuck in the BIOS screen this indicates a hardware issue with your PC.

Can you play other games on your PC from Steam or other launching software? If these games work and don't crash then it won't be a power issue.

Can you provide to us your system specifications?
Thema:

1. When I launch Xbox App games on PC, right after signing in I get a Blue Screen Of Death - Similar Threads - launch App games

2. pc xbox app stuck launching and can't remove gaming services

in XBoX on Windows
    pc xbox app stuck launching and can't remove gaming services: this has been a problem on my laptop for a very long time now. I have tried to fix the xbox app stuck launching bug by removing gaming services and reinstalling it through powershell as some...
  3. External HDD not launching games or apps

in XboX Insiders
    External HDD not launching games or apps: Updated to the latest preview (21/04/2024) and now after I launch an app thats installed to my HDD it just loads indefinitely then stops and gives an error for taking to long to load, when I...
  4. Launching Steam games mutes ALL audio from all apps/windows/etc.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Launching Steam games mutes ALL audio from all apps/windows/etc.: This only happens with Steam games. I launches a different game through the Ubisoft launcher and had no audio issues. Whenever I launch ANY of my Steam games, audio from ALL sources completely...
  5. Can't launch the XBOX app on my PC, even if i have the game pass

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't launch the XBOX app on my PC, even if i have the game pass: It's been three days since i cant even launch the app. It stays on the white xbox logo and then after a while deseppear. When i go to the website or the windows store it does nothing. It even...
  6. my xbox app dont let me play the games and now dont launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my xbox app dont let me play the games and now dont launch: hello, i have a big problem from 5 days ago, i buy 4 games from the xbox app of windows 11, when i launch the games to play, the games dont start, the game "super hot" says they dont find a carpet...
  7. Does anyone know how to fix Xbox one problem..it will not launch any games or apps and says...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know how to fix Xbox one problem..it will not launch any games or apps and says...: Does anyone know how to fix Xbox one problem....won't launch Amy games or apps...just pauses for a couple seconds when I click and says having problem launching 28512a93-5ae7-4129-9a72-604e0ec74a75
  8. cannot launch PC Xbox app games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cannot launch PC Xbox app games: I have an active XBox PC pass. PC specs are ok - ryzen 5700X, 32gb ram, Radeon 6900XT... Steam games run with no issues Since beginning of November I cannot launch XBox app games, they were...
  9. Unable to launch Cloud Gaming through xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to launch Cloud Gaming through xbox app: Unable to launch Cloud Gaming through Xbox app on Windows 11. The app and everything is up to update. [img] 2921a489-e740-47f4-befe-ece5e477ebe2
  10. Problem downloading and launching games and apps on Xbox Series S.

in XboX Insiders
    Problem downloading and launching games and apps on Xbox Series S.: Good afternoon guys, I have a Xbox Series S and I'm having trouble downloading and launching games and apps, coincidentally, I think it all started after this last update of the system in October,...