When I click on my xbox icon on PC the app won't open? Any help is appreciated.

Discus and support When I click on my xbox icon on PC the app won't open? Any help is appreciated. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; When I click on the icon the app won't open. I haven't done anything different and my subscription is good and doesn't renew until the Jan. 1st. No... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Scott Lockhart, Dec 24, 2023.

1. When I click on my xbox icon on PC the app won't open? Any help is appreciated.

When I click on the icon the app won't open. I haven't done anything different and my subscription is good and doesn't renew until the Jan. 1st. No clue what I need to do and any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Scott Lockhart, Dec 24, 2023
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Hello Scott *. my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox. All users help each other with common problems.

I am very sorry for the problem you are going through, with the intention of being able to help you I did an internal search on the Microsoft forum and found a publication by Gerardo C., an independent advisor, where he mentions a series of steps so that you can open the Xbox App in your PC and I thought it was good information, which you should take into account and try to see if it works for you:

Please use the SFC command, which helps to examine the integrity of all protected system files and repair problem files if possible.

You can do it by following the steps that I will attach below:

1. Type "Command Prompt" in the Windows search bar.

2. Right click on the search result and select Run as administrator.

3. Copy and paste the following command and press Enter:

sfc /scannow

4. Wait for the scan to finish and display the results.

5. If integrity violations were found and fixed, restart your PC and check if the issue is resolved. In case the system file checker has not been able to repair possible system file corruption then use the following commands (don't forget to press Enter after each one):

- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Information Source (Credits): https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/e7c4c0a6-719f-42eb-8b68-1ad19bc7e8bf

I will be attentive to your response.

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  3. Hoagy76 Win User

no notificacions in the xbox app

To uninstall the app from your PC

"Start"

Settings (Gear Icon)

Apps

Click on the app

Click Uninstall.

I have had no problem with the original Xbox App.

When Game Pass for PC was released I was having trouble launching it.

I re-downloaded the app, I did not uninstall, let it run the first time and then "Pinned" the icon to my taskbar and I have not had any trouble since.

When opened it tonight there was an update.
  4. Hoskayra Win User

Whenever I close the Game bar overlay nobody can hear me

Hi again Joshimal

Try searching the same store under installed apps.

To access the apps installed in the Xbox Store on PC, you can follow these steps:

-Open the Microsoft Store application.
    -Click on "Library".
    -Click on "My Apps".
    -Once you have accessed "My Apps", you will see a list of all the apps you have installed on your PC. You can sort the list by name, installation date, or category.

-To open an app, click on its icon.

-To see more information about an app, click on its name.

-To uninstall an app, click its icon and then click "Uninstall."
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Ayuda no se muestran algunos juegos del gamepass de pc [Translation-Help some pc game pass games are not shown]

Hi Daruckar,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help.

Does it show any game? That error looks like a connection error. Close the app and restart your PC. Once the PC opens, don't open any other programs just open the Xbox (beta) app and see if you are getting the same error.

Open the Microsoft Store app and click the profile icon in the top right corner. Are you logged into the same account in the Microsoft Store as you are in the Xbox (beta) app?

If that doesn't help uninstall the app by right clicking the app in the Start menu and then re-install the app from the Microsoft Store app. Restart your computer and try again.
  6. ACLreese Win User

How do I fix the issue when trying to login to the Xbox app on pc where it says "An illegal state change was requested"

1. Restart your PC and try logging in again. Sometimes, a simple restart can fix the problem.
    2. Check your internet connection. Make sure you are connected to a stable and reliable network.
    3. Clear the Xbox app cache. To do this, open the Xbox app, click on the Settings icon (gear icon), then click on "Storage." Click on "Clear local storage," then confirm the action.
    4. Uninstall and reinstall the Xbox app. Go to "Settings" on your PC, then click on "Apps & features." Find the Xbox app, click on it, then click "Uninstall." Once it's uninstalled, go to the Microsoft Store app and reinstall it.
    5. Update your Windows operating system. Go to "Settings" on your PC, then click on "Update & Security." Click on "Check for updates" and install any available updates.
Thema:

1. When I click on my xbox icon on PC the app won't open? Any help is appreciated. - Similar Threads - click icon app

2. My xbox one just clicks and dies

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one just clicks and dies: Hi, so recently my xbox one started to suddenly click and just die. The power supple dies too but the click comes out of the xbox. Any fixes/solutions? e095eb11-eaab-445a-923d-4641745d22f6
  3. Remove the ‘click or tap here to continue’ when streaming my gameplay, and streaming that...

in XBoX on Windows
    Remove the ‘click or tap here to continue’ when streaming my gameplay, and streaming that...: This question has been asked before, but there is still no update and the Answers by the 'expert' were not even applicable to the XBox app, stating many options that just aren't available. Has...
  4. XBox One is automatically clicking right

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One is automatically clicking right: Hello guys, my Xbox One Model 1540 is not working properly. It automatically clicks right. When I try to click to the left, it automatically clicks right again. Let me elaborate that with the...
  5. My mouse started to make sticky key like sounds when I left click multiple times while...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mouse started to make sticky key like sounds when I left click multiple times while...: My mouse started to make sticky key like sounds when I left click multiple times while playing games. It is very annoying and nothing pops up, I just hear the sounds and the mouse is unresponsive...
  6. Microsoft sotre : install button is greyed out when clicking it, fallout 76 is not installling

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft sotre : install button is greyed out when clicking it, fallout 76 is not installling: I already tried : -restart computer -reinstall xbox app but it always goes back to a black screen -resetting the sotre -running the wsreset.exe -reinstalling game services -updating windows to...
  7. I can’t click on anything, wrote down the information in the details.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t click on anything, wrote down the information in the details.: Hello, I can't open anything on my xbox if I click a it notices it but it does nothing, I’ve tried to press down the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds, reconnected power source waited 10...
  8. why am i unable to right click on games?

in XBoX on Windows
    why am i unable to right click on games?: so before this issue, i was trying to fix the game bar not running in background and then shortcuts not working. but after i fixed them suddenly whenever i right click on a game in my game library...
  9. I have pinned the games & solitaire icon to the taskbar, but when I click on it, the icon...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have pinned the games & solitaire icon to the taskbar, but when I click on it, the icon...: I have pinned the games & solitaire icon to the taskbar, but when I click on it, the icon disappears. The same thing is happening with the weather icon. 264d04b0-641e-4b62-9402-b1c0783a0db7
  10. Cloud icon is next to games in game pass but when i click on them there is no play option....

in XboX Insiders
    Cloud icon is next to games in game pass but when i click on them there is no play option....: i really want to use xcloud and i would use the edge browser but i want to use may main account and i have game pass on a second account. Does it even work on profiles that dont have game pass...