When I change to 120hz it just reverts back 60hz

Discus and support When I change to 120hz it just reverts back 60hz in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Monitor is a 165hz monitor 1080p resolution and idk why it just reverts back to 60hz it’s annoying and whenever I change it to 120hz it goes black... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by richardwilliams-789, Jan 17, 2023.

1. When I change to 120hz it just reverts back 60hz

My Monitor is a 165hz monitor 1080p resolution and idk why it just reverts back to 60hz it’s annoying and whenever I change it to 120hz it goes black and then about 30 secs later it just goes back to 60hz

So I don’t have a clue on how to fix plz can sm1 help
    When I change to 120hz it just reverts back 60hz [​IMG]

:)

richardwilliams-789, Jan 17, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Richardwilliams-789, I don't know what kind of monitor or TV it has, but it fails to recognize the capabilities of the console.

Usually the TV or monitor comes with these settings closed in the HDMI port, try to see in your instruction manual which is the high definition port and also how to access the settings.
  3. ngocphi Win User

When trying to change refresh rate from 60hz to 120hz I get a black screen then it reverts back to 60hz

Are you sure it supports over hdmi?

Usually monitors support freesync 1440p 144hz with DVI or display port NOT hdmi
  4. ROBIN H 25 Win User

When trying to change refresh rate from 60hz to 120hz I get a black screen then it reverts back to 60hz

I believe that you need to have a monitor that is Freesync and Freesync has to be supported over HDMI, as well as, the monitor needs to have HDMI 2.0 ports and supports 120/144hz, looking at that Dell, being G-sync, it seems to have HDMI 1.4 ports which
    limits it to 1440p at 60hz

A new monitor is needed if you want 1440p at 120hz,

Pulled this from a website...

Nowadays, most of the monitors, TVs, and graphics cards feature at least an HDMI 1.4 port which is enough for 144Hz at 1080p, 75Hz at 1440p, and 30Hz at 4K.

However, keep in mind that some monitors have limited bandwidth over HDMI 1.4 making it max out at 120Hz
    or even at 60Hz in some cases (mostly G-SYNC and older monitors).

In fact, most 144Hz monitors are limited to 120Hz over HDMI 1.4, but some monitor manufacturers will use custom timing parameters, pixel rates, etc to use the full potential of the HDMI 1.4 bandwidth thus getting
    144Hz at 1080p.

So, make sure that the exact monitor you’re looking at supports 144Hz or at least 120Hz over its HDMI 1.4 port –
    or just look for a 144Hz display with HDMI 2.0.

HDMI 2.0 is also fairly standard and can be used for 240Hz at 1080p, 144Hz at 1440p, and 60Hz at 4K. The latest HDMI
    adds native support for 120Hz at 4K UHD and 60Hz at 8K.

Here the link to the page..

https://www.displayninja.com/which-cable-do-i-need-for-144hz/
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

It won't work sorry. The Dell Dell S2716DG doesn't do 120Hz over HDMI

[​IMG]

I'm also pretty sure HDMI to display port is a dead end. A cheap HDMI to DP won't work, it has to be an 'Active' HDMI to DP, but also, I'm pretty sure the output device has to be DP capable (Xbox isn't) as well as
    the input.

You're going to need a different monitor.

The best advice is to check reviews and look at the online manual's. Only if the manual says 120Hz over HDMI will it work at this refresh on an Xbox One.
  6. Z x E x R x O x Win User

It's gsync? Which ive read doesn't really work with xbox cause they don't run Nvidia.. would that be the issue? From everything ive read the hdmi should support 120hz? Not even sure if a display port to HDMI adapter would work for xbox
Thema:

1. When I change to 120hz it just reverts back 60hz - Similar Threads - change 120hz reverts

2. how to change. a refresh rate with no picture

in XBoX Accessibility
    how to change. a refresh rate with no picture: i accidentally changed from 60Hz to 120Hz and i cannot go back to 60Hz due to no hdmi so i cannot see a menu what can i do 399100dd-554f-4769-a630-a3b8d12e327f
  3. How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...: Whenever I click press physically the menu buttons on my monitor it just shows me the input sources. I don’t have a keyboard or anything just xbox and my monitor....
  4. I plugged my tv into a LG tv at my hotel and I can’t change the volume of the tv/xbox , has...

in XboX Insiders
    I plugged my tv into a LG tv at my hotel and I can’t change the volume of the tv/xbox , has...: I’ve looked everywhere and couldn’t find a fix submitted by /u/TopKey8708 [link] [comments]
  5. how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?: i have an xbox one chat pad.. the best thing Microsoft ever made and then discontinued for some reason... in fact i now have 2 the old one was dropped on the 3.5mm socket with the mic in and has...
  6. Xbox controller app and changing inverted controls.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller app and changing inverted controls.: I'm trying to play some OG Xbox games that have inverted controls by default, with no in-game option to reverse it, specifically Otogi. The Xbox controller app only allows for inversion of the Y...
  7. So I'm running my Xbox of a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So I'm running my Xbox of a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet...: So I'm running my Xbox off a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet loss. I'm using the net gear ex3110. I've tried so much to just get a steady signal. Any advice....
  8. How do I change ipv4 to ipv6?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I change ipv4 to ipv6?: I recently purchased the Xfinity WiFi now pass and can't seem to connect to the network even though I have full signal fb640be0-89eb-47e7-bb46-96d23555790c
  9. My headset chat mixer is greyed out and it won’t let me change it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My headset chat mixer is greyed out and it won’t let me change it: My headset chat mixer is greyed out and won’t let me change it 253dff7a-59b2-4900-b78c-eb3af230f1be
  10. my chat mixer says use your headset or other device to change the volume when my headset is...

in XBoX on Windows
    my chat mixer says use your headset or other device to change the volume when my headset is...: headset chat mixed not working a7cea632-3764-4dba-b8c0-97751ed0576b