When I am party with my friends the mic makes a humming / buzzing sound

Discus and support When I am party with my friends the mic makes a humming / buzzing sound in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have the basic headset that comes with the XBOX ONE, and whenever I have my mic not muted it hums/ buzzes. I have pulled it in and out, blew down the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EUPED, Jan 16, 2015.

1. EUPED
    EUPED Guest

I have the basic headset that comes with the XBOX ONE, and whenever I have my mic not muted it hums/ buzzes. I have pulled it in and out, blew down the port to try and dislodge any dust inside. I have even updated my controller and it doesn't work. I have
    a wireless controller with the starter headset. I don't know what to do can anyone help me out it's annoying me and all my friends. Can anyone give me advice?

:)

EUPED, Jan 16, 2015
  2. Arminator
    Arminator Guest
    Infuriating Buzzing sound - Party Chat

Is your controller powered via an USB power supply during that time?

My friends also sometimes complain about a buzzing sound when I'm charging my controller via USB. Also, another friend produces buzzing when he charges his controller via USB.

So it's probably not your Y cable or microphone, as the original Xbox chat headset also buzzes, when the controller charges via USB.

However, when I remove the USB charging cable, the buzzing stops.

So if you still have a buzzing sound, do you have to power the microphone?

Arminator, Jan 16, 2015
  3. ATOMate1
    ATOMate1 Guest

Hey, thank you for answering.

My controller is powered by AA batteries. When I plug in the USB cable, the buzzing gets way worse. So not using the USB connection does improve it, but it's not gone entirely.

My mic's do not have external power supply, I just plug them in the Y cable.

ATOMate1, Jan 16, 2015
  4. Arminator Win User

Hello, so I got a problem with using a mic on my Xbox One X.

My friend told he'd always hear a buzzing noise when I'd talk in Party Chat.

Connecting the controllers with a USB cable to my console only enhances the buzzing noise, and makes it almost unbearable for my Chat members.

My friends also sometimes complain about a buzzing sound when I'm charging my controller via USB. Also, another friend produces buzzing when he charges his controller via USB.

So it's probably not your Y cable or microphone, as the original Xbox chat headset also buzzes, when the controller charges via USB.

5. ATOMate1 Win User

Hello, so I got a problem with using a mic on my Xbox One X.

My friend told he'd always hear a buzzing noise when I'd talk in Party Chat.

Connecting the controllers with a USB cable to my console only enhances the buzzing noise, and makes it almost unbearable for my Chat members.

Hey, thank you for answering.

My controller is powered by AA batteries. When I plug in the USB cable, the buzzing gets way worse. So not using the USB connection does improve it, but it's not gone entirely.

My mic's do not have external power supply, I just plug them in the Y cable.
  6. MadMeilin Win User

Loud noise when game is inserted, silent when DVD is inserted.

It is a similar sound to that of the fans in a computer. Not a grinding noise at all, I would say its a mix of humming and buzzing, but more hum.
  7. FireflyCaptMal Win User

Xbox One electrical buzzing/humming noise

It's not a chirping sound. It's not a high pitch sound. It sounds similar to the buzzing/humming from a DVR or laptop. It goes off after around 5 minutes.
  8. Gladiator0607 Win User

mic making a buzzing sound

Hi,

The issue is cause of incompatible sound drivers on your system. Here are two methods on how to troubleshoot buzzing sound on your mic:

Method 1: Here is a
    link
    on how to fix sound problems.

Method 2: Download the sound drivers and install them in compatibility mode.

We'll keep an eye on your response.
    I've ran the troubleshooter and reinstalled my audio drivers in compatibility mode but neither worked.
Thema:

1. When I am party with my friends the mic makes a humming / buzzing sound - Similar Threads - party friends mic

2. I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work: I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work 44fed8e7-9aca-4903-a401-e2a753d14647
  3. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  4. I keep getting party disconnected every time I try join a friend's party, but when I create...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I keep getting party disconnected every time I try join a friend's party, but when I create...: If I create a party chat friends can join me and party chat is fine. But if I try join a friend's party chat it just keeps giving my connecting and then disconnects me. We have even tried that the...
  5. My friends can only sometimes hear me in voice parties.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My friends can only sometimes hear me in voice parties.: I have been using the xbox game bar on windows 11 for quite some time now, but recently when I join a party with my friends they have been telling me my audio cuts off at random (Usually 10...
  6. I am having an issue where I join a party through Xbox game bar and my friends can hear me...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am having an issue where I join a party through Xbox game bar and my friends can hear me...: I have already tried deleting and reinstalling 649adc95-eb59-4e8a-8582-a0c691632a05
  7. Cussing in private party with friends

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Cussing in private party with friends: Can I and my friends swear at each other in a game lobby or private party? 4e4ddbb0-b3a9-46c8-84c7-4964fbc985a4
  8. If I am in a private party with my friends can I cuss in that party I have a mild form of...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I am in a private party with my friends can I cuss in that party I have a mild form of...: If I am in a private party with my friends can I cuss in that party I have a mild form of Tourettes and I can't control what I say 8d1fe812-1d3a-4523-8d77-eed0cb121885
  9. Can’t invite friends to play free to play games but can invite them to party .

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t invite friends to play free to play games but can invite them to party .: recently upgraded from a Xbox one s to a Xbox one series s . Now that I have got my new series s I cannot invite friends to free to play games such as fortnite or warzone . I have talked two...
  10. Why does rainbow six seige kick me out of the entire game when i am partied up with friends...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does rainbow six seige kick me out of the entire game when i am partied up with friends...: Every match that we start lets me pick my operator for round 1 and then kicks me out of the game. I then have to start up the game and reconnect to the game is was just in and then i can play the...