When EXACTLY will my Xbox Live membership auto-renew?

Discus and support When EXACTLY will my Xbox Live membership auto-renew? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This was my first time buying a membership online (without one of those in-store cards). The only reason I did so was due to the $1 One Month deal they... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MrRwstudios, May 31, 2016.

1. MrRwstudios
    MrRwstudios Guest

This was my first time buying a membership online (without one of those in-store cards). The only reason I did so was due to the $1 One Month deal they had for some people.
    It is set to expire tomorrow, but will it expire as soon as it turns the midnight, or the time when I actually activated it, or at the end of the day? I was wondering because I was interested in quickly grabbing one of June's GOLD games before
    my membership expired so when I get another one I can play it. And...I didn't want to have it auto-renew on me, so I was gonna cancel it right after.

:)

MrRwstudios, May 31, 2016
  2. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    How to Renew your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership

Overview of Xbox LIVE Renewal

When your current Xbox LIVE Gold Membership is about to run out, you will get a renewal message on your screen.

• Month-to-month membership- Notification comes 15 days in advance
    • 3 or 12 month membership- Notification comes 30 days in advance
    Xbox LIVE membership can be renewed using a credit card, a debit card, or a Prepaid Gold Membership Card.

If your automatic membership renewal (auto renewal) is set to off, you can purchase a new subscription or use a prepaid membership card to renew your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership.

Renew with a payment option by purchasing a new membership:

Steps to Follow

1) Use your Xbox LIVE gamertag to sign in.

2) Under Settings, select Account.

3) Proceed to Your Memberships, and select the membership that you currently have (for example Xbox LIVE Gold)

4) Select Modify Membership and you will be presented with a list of renewal options. If you are on an Xbox LIVE Free Membership, you can choose to upgrade to Gold Membership.

5) Select a membership option, then Confirm Purchase.

Once you have confirmed your purchase, the following will happen:

• The payment option you are using will be charged immediately.
    • The time subscription plan you have just purchased will be added to your remaining subscription time.
    • Your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership will be activated and auto renewal turned on.
    Take note:

If you use a credit card as your payment option, you cannot remove it on file until your current membership expires.

There is a procedure you can follow to add or change your Xbox LIVE payment option.

Renew with a prepaid membership card

It is possible to renew your Xbox LIVE membership using a Prepaid Microsoft Gold Membership Card. This card is available at retail locations.

If you choose to redeem a prepaid Xbox LIVE membership code, you will be added time to your existing Xbox LIVE membership, while your renewal settings will remain unchanged.

How to turn on auto renewal (for existing membership):

If you are already on Xbox LIVE Gold of Family Pack membership and you want to turn on auto renewal without purchasing new membership, you should contact Xbox Support.

How to Troubleshoot Xbox LIVE renewal:

If there are issues with your Xbox LIVE account, you might receive the following messages. The solutions are provided below:

• Error: Your credit card has been declined several times by our billing service.
    This means that your credit card has expired, or the information on it has been changed. To solve this problem, there is a procedure you can follow to change payment option for Xbox LIVE membership.

• Error: 8015d080
    In case you receive this error message, you need to contact Xbox Support.

xboxfelix, May 31, 2016
  3. Hiper1010
    Hiper1010 Guest
    Can a Staff or Administrator be able to change my Xbox LIVE Renewal Status please!?

I need to remove my Credit Card details for certain reasons but it says I can't do that until I deactivate Xbox LIVE Auto-Renewal. When I go to Xbox.com/Accounts to deactivate it, I go to the cancel automatic payment button. When I get to the page that tells
    me my current Xbox LIVE membership and the On or Off options, it is already saying Off. So why does it then still say that I need to deactivate Auto-Renewal before removing my credit card details? Can a staff or administrator please either remove my Xbox LIVE
    membership or cancel the Auto-Renewal on my Xbox LIVE membership please!?

Hiper1010, May 31, 2016
  4. When EXACTLY will my Xbox Live membership auto-renew?

You can cancel the auto renew and still have gold till the time expires. Call 800 469-9269 and simply have them turn off what's called auto renewal and they will hut you will still have gold for the time you paid for. No worries

cookieater821, Jun 3, 2016
  5. cookieater821 Win User

You can cancel the auto renew and still have gold till the time expires. Call 800 469-9269 and simply have them turn off what's called auto renewal and they will hut you will still have gold for the time you paid for. No worries
  6. Mister Quasar Win User

How do I change from paying monthly to paying yearly for xbox live?

Hi RandomGamer142!

To clarify, if you disable the auto-renew on your membership, once it expires you can purchase a recurring 12 month Xbox Live membership that auto-renews as well.
  7. RobertReido Win User

2 Months for £2

No, your gold membership will not be affected even if you turn off Auto-Renewal.

PLEASE NOTE: If you deactivate Auto-Renewal. Your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership will end on the date of expiration.
  8. BomberMann-8B793714- Win User

Having to wait on hold to cancel subscription?

I am very sorry that this issue is happening. Auto renewal is something that is auto turned on when you buy a membership with a CC on either the Xbox or the website. If you turn it off now, then you buy a new membership with a CC you will need to call BACK
    in and have it turned off.

If you do not like the auto renewal feature, then I highly advise you use Pre-Paid cards for the duration of your Xbox live tenure. This will avoid the auto renewal as a whole.
  9. M4RV 71 Win User

2 Months for £2

No your gold subscription will not get cancelled if you turn auto renewal off.

This support thread shows you how to turn auto renewal off

support.xbox.com/.../cancel-xbox-live-gold-subscription

This paragraph in that support thread also states that your gold membership will run until the end of the paid period if you turn auto renewal off:

Important: Important: If you turn off auto-renewal, your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership will expire at the end of your paid membership time. Until then, you can continue to enjoy all the benefits of Xbox LIVE membership.
Thema:

1. When EXACTLY will my Xbox Live membership auto-renew? - Similar Threads - EXACTLY Live membership

2. how long exactly for microsoft to delete all unmigrate account minecraft?

in XBoX on Windows
    how long exactly for microsoft to delete all unmigrate account minecraft?: So apparently there are "last call" thing for we to migrate our mojang account to microsoft account but, unfortunately my old account doesn't migrated for the exact time that says, so i just...
  3. What is Xbox working on exactly ?

in XboX Insiders
    What is Xbox working on exactly ?: It is a very simple question addressed to Xbox devs team , what are you exactly working on ? Why am I asking this ? I am a part of alpha skip ahead insider program during years and I don't see any...
  4. Xbox series s broke exactly one month after warranty ran out. Anyone else have this issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s broke exactly one month after warranty ran out. Anyone else have this issue?: Warranty ran out one month ago exactly. The console turns on then 10 seconds later turns off. I've asked Microsoft about repairs an been quoted £193 for a £200 console. Won't be buying an xbox...
  5. Why do I have two account with the exact same information for both?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I have two account with the exact same information for both?: I had redeemed a Fortnite v-bucks card and put all my information such as email, gamer tag, password and everything else. When I redeemed it and it went through I logged into Fortnite and my...
  6. I can't load Mw3 zombies. It keeps giving me this exact error code. Ps. it's a digital copy

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't load Mw3 zombies. It keeps giving me this exact error code. Ps. it's a digital copy: Disc read error [8.7]: 'ww_mp_jup_bigmap.ff' - Check log for more information 778f2a61-40ea-4e83-aa4b-ff38f60d405b
  7. MW3 crashes in exact same spot during campaign at reactor cut scene

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MW3 crashes in exact same spot during campaign at reactor cut scene: I have factory reset the console, uninstalled the game, erased all data, replayed all the way to the same point and still crashes. Anyone? Here is a link to it happening:...
  8. Is there any way that I can find out the exact month, day, and year that I had changed my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there any way that I can find out the exact month, day, and year that I had changed my...: I’ve had my gamer tag for a very long time and I was very thoughtful and intentional when brainstorming the name, and for copyright/ trademark reasons I was curious if I could get the specifics of...
  9. What is the exact join date on my Xbox Live account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is the exact join date on my Xbox Live account?: My account says 16 years on my profile, but is there an exact date somewhere? I seems strange to me that this info isn't readily available on the account page. 0e30eca2-4361-41b4-91c2-5e72b2763d54
  10. see what exact day you joined xbox live?

in XBoX on Consoles
    see what exact day you joined xbox live?: is it possible to see what exact day you enjoyed xbox live? (unsure if this is in the right section) dbe1ec1f-0bd4-48b7-b9f6-aa2637375f96