When ever I use a controller on some games it doesn't work properly

Discus and support When ever I use a controller on some games it doesn't work properly in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; it acts like its a keyboard and mouse and some often controls are switched randomly, this doesn't happen on all games right now its only happened on 2... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Korbin Andrews, Dec 11, 2023.

1. When ever I use a controller on some games it doesn't work properly

it acts like its a keyboard and mouse and some often controls are switched randomly, this doesn't happen on all games right now its only happened on 2 Red Dead Redemption 2 and Jedi Survivor. I'm Guessing its like an open world thing but idk. Ive tried updating my drivers, updatinig windows, getting the lauchers latest version and nothing has worked this problem makes the games unplayable on controller as the sensitivity is all wack and some of the controllers are switched or mixed in with other buttons. For example to reload in RDR2 its X or B i dont remember but X and B both jump. Or the other main problem is the the right stick acts as a mouse so whenever i try to look around its a mouse cursor.

:)

Korbin Andrews, Dec 11, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

As these are non Microsoft games you have purchased in non-Microsoft stores, you need to go to them for support. Steam for example often does controllers internally, which is why PlayStation controllers work there out of the box with no Windows drivers available.
  3. Starflyer45 Win User

my controller doesn't work properly

I came here to post the same issue. Right stick seems like it is sticking. Well a couple of weeks ago XBOX updated the look to the One. I noticed this happening to my controllers right after the update. I have two controllers and they are both doing the
    same thing. Makes for playing a FPS interesting. I have talked to others about this in games and my family in another state and they are all complaining about this same issue

Microsoft please fix this issue that it seems a lot of us are having. We know it has something to do with your latest update so please it is now up to you to fox it. I had a new controller, never opened, that I hooked up and it is doing the same things.
  4. Internet Expert Win User

You probably have a textbook case of stick drift, where the joystick is no longer properly centered due to wear/damage, and the controller is detecting non-zero input from wherever the stick is leaning in its "neutral" position.

If it's been less than 90 days since you've owned the controller, you should be covered with a warranty repair (schedule a repair here). Otherwise, your only remaining option is to replace
    the controller.

A few games might have a "dead zone" option to desensitize the drift once increased. I remember Titanfall 2 having that option...
  5. kerskers Win User

thanks for the reply.

Let's see what Microsoft has to say about this. As I have 2 replies. 1 hinting on replacement and 1 on a needed update
  6. Salad_Dodger Win User

Xcloud on Edge Browser (Xbox) not working.

I don't have a mouse connected normally, i mentioned it because i have to connect the mouse and disconnect the controller.

So basically,

1.it doesn't work properly/i connect a mouse

2.it still doesn't work properly/i turn off the controller

3. I click it with the mouse with the controller off, button works as intended.
Thema:

1. When ever I use a controller on some games it doesn't work properly - Similar Threads - ever controller games

2. When will Xbox Roblox -Voice chat/ chat ever be added

in XBoX Accessibility
    When will Xbox Roblox -Voice chat/ chat ever be added: When you join a game on Xbox version of ROBLOX it doesn't even have working option's for Voice chat, if you go to leaderboard the only option for voice chat is to enable it or disable it none...
  3. Worst customer support ever

in XBoX on Consoles
    Worst customer support ever: I am trying to return an xbox series x under warranty. The online process is absolutely dreadful and just a continued loop of automated responses and no ability to actually speak to someone. Ive...
  4. When ever i try to play a game its saying “check your network” even though i am online

in XBoX on Consoles
    When ever i try to play a game its saying “check your network” even though i am online: When ever i try to play a game its saying “check your network” even though i am online 02e83646-6549-4dd8-87d7-8502c9261a43
  5. Ever since i updated my controllier ive had no voice chat can hear games but no chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ever since i updated my controllier ive had no voice chat can hear games but no chat: I updated my controllier and now cant talk in games or hear people can hear game and in messages can send. Voice message but i can hear it but who i send it to can thn i cannot hear reply...
  6. Will Xbox ever expand the current number of controller inputs?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will Xbox ever expand the current number of controller inputs?: With controllers adding more and more buttons and console hardware trying to keep up with the PC world I would love to see Xbox expand the number of controller inputs. Controllers like the Elite...
  7. Will we ever be able to use the rear buttons on the Xbox elite controller as unique imputs...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will we ever be able to use the rear buttons on the Xbox elite controller as unique imputs...: To speak plain I bought an Xbox elite controller hoping that the rear/underneath buttons would be uniquely mappable buttons. Will there be a software update that allows such?...
  8. Ever since i updated my controllers i cannot use my controller to play on gamepass cloud gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ever since i updated my controllers i cannot use my controller to play on gamepass cloud gaming: Whenever the game starts i get this prompt.. ive updated my controllers as well so im not sure why i cannot play 9f6d00e2-f1cd-47e2-a9d2-b172f41f5fc5
  9. Will MS ever fix their awful controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will MS ever fix their awful controllers?: So far, I have purchased 8 Elite Series 2 controllers. All of them have had issues with the A button sometimes not registering a press, amongst other issues. 7 of them were returned for a refund...
  10. Will the profile button on the elite 2 control ever be able to re map the bottom to share

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the profile button on the elite 2 control ever be able to re map the bottom to share: I seriously wish I googled this b4 I bought the thing today 46165765-6bec-4e5d-b69d-955b8179e8da