When did Microsoft stop manufacturing games and accessories for the Xbox 360?

Discus and support When did Microsoft stop manufacturing games and accessories for the Xbox 360? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I know that the xbox 360 stopped being manufactured in April 21 2016, but what about the xbox 360 games and controllers... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Sarmad Qureshi, Feb 18, 2023.

1. When did Microsoft stop manufacturing games and accessories for the Xbox 360?

I know that the xbox 360 stopped being manufactured in April 21 2016, but what about the xbox 360 games and controllers

:)

Sarmad Qureshi, Feb 18, 2023
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

Hello Sarmad, sorry to hear you're having trouble with getting the info you want.

The Xbox 360 stopped production in April of 2016. This means that all production including accessories would have been stopped as well. As for console games, developers and publishers were still allowed to create games for the 360 if they liked but interest quickly moved on to the Xbox One so that's where they were looking to create games for.

As for backwards compatible games it was announced two or three years ago that Xbox would stop adding games to the list as they've run out of titles they were able to add.
  3. Sarmad Qureshi Win User

I know that the Xbox 360 reached end of support on 12 November, 2019 (I think), but I mean that when did Microsoft stop letting game companies manufacture physical copies of games like Just Dance 2019 which is a game that was released 2 years after the end of manufacturing for the Xbox 360. And when did Microsoft stop manufacturing Xbox 360 controllers, Kinects, Plug and Play chargers, etc. for the Xbox 360.
  4. Rostom L Win User

Hi Sarmad!

It's really normal that a product or service will have its end of support. Since they moved to a new platform or new console generation, they stopped the support of that product. Though games are still available and some can still be played through backwards compatibility but those games or contents are no longer maintained.
  5. ngocphi Win User

LOCKED - Xbox 360 Console replacement request

more to do with no manufacturer will repair in or out of warranty any product that is opened

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-360-new-warranty.aspx

these are direct quotes from the warranty terms and I didn't caps anything

5. Warranty Exclusions

Microsoft is not responsible and this warranty does not apply if Your Xbox 360 S or Accessory is:

(a) damaged by use with products not sold or licensed by Microsoft (including, for example, games and accessories not manufactured or licensed by Microsoft, and “pirated” games, etc.);

(b) used for commercial purposes (including, for example, rental, pay-per-play, etc.);

(c) opened, modified, or tampered with (including, for example, any attempt to defeat any Xbox 360 S or Accessory technical limitation, security, or anti-piracy mechanism, etc.), or its serial number is altered or removed;

(d) damaged by any external cause (including, for example, by being dropped, used with inadequate ventilation, etc., or failure to follow instructions in the instruction manual for the Xbox 360 S or Accessory); or

(e) repaired by anyone other than Microsoft.

6. EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES

MICROSOFT IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; ANY LOSS OF DATA, PRIVACY, CONFIDENTIALITY, OR PROFITS; OR ANY INABILITY TO USE YOUR XBOX 360 S OR ACCESSORY. THESE EXCLUSIONS APPLY EVEN IF MICROSOFT HAS BEEN
    ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF THESE DAMAGES, AND EVEN IF ANY REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. Some States or Provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so this limitation or exclusion may not apply to You.

7. Additional Terms

If You attempt to defeat or circumvent any Xbox 360 S or Accessory technical limitation, security, or anti-piracy system, You may cause Your Xbox 360 S or Accessory to stop working permanently. You will also void Your warranty, and make Your
    Xbox 360 S or Accessory ineligible for authorized repair, even for a fee
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox Scarlet

The console will probably stay on the market for a few more years, and then Microsoft will stop manufacturing it, but still support it like they have with the Xbox 360.
Thema:

1. When did Microsoft stop manufacturing games and accessories for the Xbox 360? - Similar Threads - did Microsoft stop

2. Dear Microsoft I need you to help me because I have redeemed 100 rubux and the code did not...

in XBoX on Windows
    Dear Microsoft I need you to help me because I have redeemed 100 rubux and the code did not...: My rubux i reedmed witch was 100 rubux don’t work the code Dosent I want compition witch is that I want 1000.rubux beacuse my code dont work 2d757090-6611-43a0-8e57-ca3937587095
  3. Did Microsoft block Xbox 360s from Xbox Live on 1-11-24?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Did Microsoft block Xbox 360s from Xbox Live on 1-11-24?: On Thursday 1-11-24 two of my xbox 360 S and my xbox 360 E stopped accessing Xbox live. I had been using daily until 1-11-24. Prior to the access failure I had made no changes to network...
  4. Why can't I view my captures on my PC? Did we time travel? Is it 2004? Microsoft owns...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I view my captures on my PC? Did we time travel? Is it 2004? Microsoft owns...: Why can't I view my captures on my PC? Did we time travel? Is it 2004? Microsoft owns everything. Figure it out. The only way I can view and edit my captures is through the Xbox app. What a joke....
  5. Did Microsoft get rid of all humans in customer service?!

in XBoX on Windows
    Did Microsoft get rid of all humans in customer service?!: Did Microsoft get rid of all humans in customer service?! Online chat option is gone. Phone numbers all go to a digital assistant who will not let you speak to a human. HOW DO I GET A HUMAN??!!!!!...
  6. Did Microsoft AUTO create an account for Fortnite?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Did Microsoft AUTO create an account for Fortnite?: My son just recently got an Xbox and we downloaded Fornite, however I was not there when he went to open the game on the console and it looks like a whole new Fortnite account was created for him....
  7. Locked out of hotmail, help? Tried requesting through microsoft, did not verify

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Locked out of hotmail, help? Tried requesting through microsoft, did not verify: I am locked out of hotmail, my son tried to reset the xbox and I got kicked out of email. I cannot reset password as it has a non existing email address to send to and the phone number I have on...
  8. cant log in my microsoft account, it says it dose not exist , but i did a pasword change in...

in XBoX Accessibility
    cant log in my microsoft account, it says it dose not exist , but i did a pasword change in...: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/528754833620992000/1179920572986179604/image.png?ex=657b89aa&is=656914aa&hm=8206c96d68c9c8e952be2d5d852eaa484d726f57e1f53355322566fbcd299d9b& Microsoft 帐户团队...
  9. How do I migrate my Xbox one Microsoft account to ps5 for my sons gta game I did it before...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I migrate my Xbox one Microsoft account to ps5 for my sons gta game I did it before...: i need to n igrate my Xbox account to ps5 for gta5 for my son any no how I can’t remember lol 93848b1a-9899-4f12-816f-041f4fc2c572
  10. Why did microsoft not transfer my ownership of minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did microsoft not transfer my ownership of minecraft: i’ve read so many forums and tried multiple things, reached out many times. Microsoft has no history of me owning minecraft yet i’ve been playing consistently on the same account for 6 years....