When are Xbox going to take action against dupe gamer tags

Discus and support When are Xbox going to take action against dupe gamer tags in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I was wondering if Xbox was going to do anything about the duplicate gamer tags that are out there. I have a gamer tag that I want to un-space... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by 痛 ‎, Jun 15, 2024 at 9:33 AM.

1. 痛 ‎
    痛 ‎ Guest

Hello, I was wondering if Xbox was going to do anything about the duplicate gamer tags that are out there. I have a gamer tag that I want to un-space but can’t because there’s a duplicate of it out there. For example, if my gamer tag was "D epth," there’s a duplicate version "Depth" that is preventing me from un-spacing it.

:)

2. 痛 ‎ Win User

Yes, this was normally the case. However, a couple of years ago, an old Android Xbox app version allowed people to create duplicate gamertags of existing tags. For example, if you search for the gamertag "C o m" and "Com" without spaces on your Xbox, you'll find two completely different accounts - the original being "C o m" and the duplicate being "Com". In this scenario, I can't change my gamertag and change back because the dupe gamertag would essentially become the original, and I wouldn’t be able to switch back to it unless I added numbers, which is what I want to avoid.
  3. Smwutches Win User

The system actually doesn't see things like spaces as making a gamertag unique. So "D epth" and "Depth" would actually be seen as the same tag. You'd have to change the tag to something completely different and then change it back in order to un-space it. A truly duplicate tag would have a suffix added to it (# and numbers) to differentiate the accounts.
  4. [EX] Win User

[...] For example, if you search for the gamertag "C o m" and "Com" without spaces on your Xbox, you'll find two completely different accounts - the original being "C o m" and the duplicate being "Com". In this scenario, [,,,]
    Interesting ! Didn't know that either.

But since it is so then it's like somebody else has already claimed the gamertag you would like to have. Only chance for you would be that the other gamertag was freed for inactivity after some years.

PS: Only problem is, that you can't really see if an account is active or not. Even if it's inactive on Xbox it still could be active on other devices.
  5. Pete Aust Win User

tired of the hackers

A forum is a place where you should be able to express your feelings about problems which occur during online or online gaming.? If someone wishes to advertise another's gamer tag it should be "ALLOWED" so Xbox can take appropriate action, against the offending
    gamer. Also there is no other form to take this action to, Simply Xbox Don't Want To No About It.? Xbox is only here to make money. Xbox has been promising game servers for Australian gamers for YEARS, but none yet. I will be reposting this on TWITTER,,,,
    AMBASSADOR THIS.?
  6. FullM3ta1Jack3t Win User

TialTICK33645

Hello TibialTIck33645,

Please do not name & shame on the forums.

Go ahead and report the gamer tag on Xbox Live, and the enforcement team will take the appropriate actions when they get to it.

Otherwise, you can block communications with them, and that's all you can do.
Thema:

1. When are Xbox going to take action against dupe gamer tags - Similar Threads - are going action

2. Where would I go to get a new gray plastic clip that goes into my joystick module?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where would I go to get a new gray plastic clip that goes into my joystick module?: I was playing one day when I noticed that my controller was clicking everytime I moved the joystick in a particuler way so I did some research and found out that the tiny plastic piece was broken...
  3. I recently refunded a game and it says I cant play it but when I go to my revolute account...

in XBoX on Windows
    I recently refunded a game and it says I cant play it but when I go to my revolute account...: Here is the Revolut message 6dd93ab6-f3ba-42c2-92eb-468690d1d368
  4. When I go to my messages it says “ we can’t get all of your messages right now. Check back...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When I go to my messages it says “ we can’t get all of your messages right now. Check back...: My chats will not pull up or show me any chats from the past d78b6435-e963-4b35-a5e7-d54dcf10ead7
  5. Series X console sync going off while controller is connected and without the sync button...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X console sync going off while controller is connected and without the sync button...: Everyone knows when you press the sync button makes the console flash as to show its ready for pairing but my controller is already paired and im not pressing the sync button yet its still going...
  6. Hi all. Going to Crete for hols with the fam. Will cloud gaming work there? Thanks all.

in XboX Insiders
    Hi all. Going to Crete for hols with the fam. Will cloud gaming work there? Thanks all.: Any advice welcome…. submitted by /u/Skaidsforever [link] [comments]
  7. Does my Controller Warranty Cover for my battery pack when I go to return it? Or will I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does my Controller Warranty Cover for my battery pack when I go to return it? Or will I...: I would just call GameStop but I have work at 9am to 8pm, an hour before they close and I’m already a 40 minute walk. If anyone knows you’d be much appreciated!! :)...
  8. I have to restart my Laptop anytime I want to go into an xbox party.

in XboX Insiders
    I have to restart my Laptop anytime I want to go into an xbox party.: Just as the title says, I have to restart my laptop every time I want to go into an Xbox party. after I restart my laptop, it'll allow me to go into xbox parties but after a while of not using the...
  9. Y when im streaming on twitch using my xbox then when i go to stream remotly on laptop to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Y when im streaming on twitch using my xbox then when i go to stream remotly on laptop to...: Need help im trying to stream Y when im streaming on twitch using my xbox then when i go to stream remotly on laptop to using a mic on the laptop it stops the stream all up tp date on laptop...
  10. Why dose my internet go out when I update something on my Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why dose my internet go out when I update something on my Xbox: I bought a new Xbox series X/S yesterday and when I went to plug it in and set it up My internet would shut off then when I went to update something on my Xbox the internet just randomly shuts off...