When are we going to see a return on our investment?

Discus and support When are we going to see a return on our investment? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; ^ People definitely need to give it time, like said, the console isn't even 5 months old yet. I remember the launch window of the Xbox 360, it still... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KillerAC71, Apr 22, 2014.

  1. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest

    When are we going to see a return on our investment?


    ^ People definitely need to give it time, like said, the console isn't even 5 months old yet.

    I remember the launch window of the Xbox 360, it still had some great titles for it but look how long it took for the library to really build up.

    People always talk about graphics, again look back at the early games to what we saw years after.

    How many features did the 360 have to what it has today?

    Trouble is, if the Xbox One had everything people wanted right now, what would we have to look forward to? ;-)
     
    Lofty Who, Oct 31, 2018
    #31
  2. Lofty Who Win User

    When are we going to see a return on our investment?

    ^ People definitely need to give it time, like said, the console isn't even 5 months old yet.

    I remember the launch window of the Xbox 360, it still had some great titles for it but look how long it took for the library to really build up.

    People always talk about graphics, again look back at the early games to what we saw years after.

    How many features did the 360 have to what it has today?

    Trouble is, if the Xbox One had everything people wanted right now, what would we have to look forward to? ;-)
  3. DuFFuL Win User

    When are we going to see a return on our investment?

    Killer AC71, I'm not sure you really remembering the transition from xbox original to xbox 360 properly. There really wasn't that much of a graphical leap then either. In fact it was one of the main gripes people had with that transition as well. It's why
    this gen change is reminding me so much of that one. Really if you think there is not much of a change put on something like forza 4 on the 360 the hop forza 5 on the X1. You will see a jump. Is it as big as everyone hoped? Probably not. But neither has it
    on any other generational shift. It always takes time!
  4. A Virtual Duck Win User

    When are we going to see a return on our investment?

    This generation is about technical advances other than graphics in my opinion. Take Dead Rising 3, with 1000+ zombies on screen at once. Take Forza 5, with the calculations under the hood like tire wear, tire heat, air resistance etc. Take Titanfall's excellent
    Auto Titan AI (and meh ground AI) calculated BY THE CLOUD.

    Meanwhile, PS4 has no real innovation, and just has nice graphics and a 1080p mandate hurting framerate.
  5. J.R.G. Win User

    When are we going to see a return on our investment?

    Even Titanfall is available on the 360 so, while I've only seen the One version of it, I'm struggling to see how it's actually a next gen game.
    Titanfall looks WAY better on the X1, though I'm with you that it's not "actually a next gen game". I played the 360 version over a friends house for about a hour, and it seems to control the same as the X1 version.

    I wouldn't consider myself a "graphics (Lady of ill repute.)", but do find more enjoyment in the X1 version of Titanfall and Tomb Raider.

    I think where I feel unjustifiably short-changed is that even in the early days of 360 there was a clear increase in quality over the original Xbox.
    I understand it's all about perspective, though I find the X1 launch superior to the 360 launch. For the first year the 360 was out I spent more time playing Halo and Ninja Gaiden than the new releases; I haven't touched a 360 (Except for trying Titanfall
    over a friends.) for months.

    Peace, J.R.
  6. KillerAC71 Win User

    When are we going to see a return on our investment?

    Interesting to read your replies and I agree - there is plenty of return in terms of fun, but very little as yet that I cannot not still get on the 360 (which I'm happy to say I decided to keep). Even Titanfall is available on the 360 so, while I've only
    seen the One version of it, I'm struggling to see how it's actually a next gen game. I think where I feel a little short-changed is that even in the early days of 360 there was a clear increase in quality over the original Xbox. That level of clear improvement
    does not yet seem to be present in the current generational shift.
Thema:

When are we going to see a return on our investment?

Loading...
  1. When are we going to see a return on our investment? - Similar Threads - are going return

  2. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  3. What are the requirements for going from the Beta to Alpha insider ring?

    in XboX Insiders
    What are the requirements for going from the Beta to Alpha insider ring?: I have been an insider for around 6 1/2 years (been on the beta ring for 1/2 a year) and I was wondering what the requirements for the alpha ring were. All the Xbox support article says is that it...
  4. Can’t seem to go disk to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    Can’t seem to go disk to digital: I’m in omega group .. I’m using an xbox ONE s but when I put my games in the option isn’t there for me to go from disk to digital any ideas??? Do I need to go back to Xbox one ?? submitted by...
  5. Pour one out for me. Xbox is going in for repair.

    in XboX Insiders
    Pour one out for me. Xbox is going in for repair.: Been waiting for this update since it was announced. No issues before. Ever. Update drops and I find out my disc drive doesn't work anymore. Been using digital for awhile but have some discs to...
  6. HDR issue since last update makes the screen go black

    in XboX Insiders
    HDR issue since last update makes the screen go black: Since last update my screen goes black then back to normal while playing with HdR along with the sound turning off and on . I been in the alpha skip program since the beginning and this is the...
  7. Bug report counter not going up?

    in XboX Insiders
    Bug report counter not going up?: Hi everyone! I just reported a bug on my Xbox and it said "submitted." But, my report counter did not go up on my Xbox insider profile. Is the counter itself bugged, or are my reports not...
  8. Does my Controller Warranty Cover for my battery pack when I go to return it? Or will I...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Does my Controller Warranty Cover for my battery pack when I go to return it? Or will I...: I would just call GameStop but I have work at 9am to 8pm, an hour before they close and I’m already a 40 minute walk. If anyone knows you’d be much appreciated!! :)...
  9. Is there a way to use the xbox button to return to hone without having to go through the...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to use the xbox button to return to hone without having to go through the...: Is there a way to use the xbox button to return to hone without having to go through the quick menu thing? Push button - go home. Why should I have to push button then also select home just to get...
  10. Game said new downloadable content has been downloaded and either go to main menu or return...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game said new downloadable content has been downloaded and either go to main menu or return...: Playing on Xbox it says new downloaded content has been downloaded either go to main menu or return to game screen is frozen rebooted Xbox still goes back the same screen can't do anything help...