When a 2nd Xbox profile/ gamertag is created, Is there any way to replace or change or link...

Discus and support When a 2nd Xbox profile/ gamertag is created, Is there any way to replace or change or link... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My son created a 2nd gamer tag & profile on XBOX different from the original one that is associated with our Microsoft account & Epic Games. Now,... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Jaquila Jensen, Dec 26, 2023.

1. When a 2nd Xbox profile/ gamertag is created, Is there any way to replace or change or link...

My son created a 2nd gamer tag & profile on XBOX different from the original one that is associated with our Microsoft account & Epic Games. Now, whenever I try to upload a Fortnite V bucks card, it automatically sends me to Microsoft.com to upload the gift card and puts the Vbucks on the original account/gamertag (which he doesn't use at all). Is there any way to replace or change the Xbox profile on the Microsoft account with the one that he uses daily??

:)

Jaquila Jensen, Dec 26, 2023
  2. MarvinaPerez Win User

When a 2nd Xbox profile/ gamertag is created, Is there any way to replace or change or link the Xbox profile on the Microsoft account with the one that he uses daily??

Hello Jaquila,my name is Marvina, I will be happy to help you.

I'm so sorry for what you're going through. Yes, there is a way to replace or change the Xbox profile in your Microsoft account to the one you use daily. To do this, you must follow these steps:

Sign in to your Microsoft account on the web.
    Click "My Account."

In the "Personal Information" section, click "Profile."

Click "Edit" next to the profile you want to use as your primary profile.

In the "Primary Profile" section, select "Yes."

Click "Save."

Once you have completed these steps, the profile you have selected will become your main profile. This means it will be the profile used to sign in to Xbox Live, access your games and apps, and purchase content.

In your child's case, this means that if they load a Fortnite Vbucks card, the Vbucks will be deposited into the profile you have selected as the primary profile.

Source: https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/profile/switch-profiles

These are basic solutions to these problems, but they can lead to a solution, remember that this is a public forum where we are players like you who want to help, good luck and happy day.

Sincerely,
    Marvina.
  3. I am JeffRay90 Win User

Swapping email accounts

When you sign into an account with no gamertag on xbox.com or your console you will be prompt with a message "To create an Xbox profile--> New Gamertag" Most likely you accepted the terms with your new email. Next time cancel the process or do not sign
    on to xbox.com or your console at all after you have created a new account. I recommend you create the account online rather than on the xbox.

Step 1) Create a new account. Do not sign into Xbox.com or the console with this account.or it will prompt you to create a new profile(gamertag).

Here is the overview after completing step 1.

• Gamertag A (Main Gamertag) is linked to Microsoft account 1 (Old Email).
    • Gamertag B (2nd Gamertag) is linked to Microsoft account 2 (2nd Email)
    • Microsoft account 3 is free. (new email)
    Step 2) Sign on to xbox with your main account. Change the email associated with the NEW ACCOUNT

• Gamertag A (Main Gamertag) is linked to Microsoft account 3 (new Email).
    • Gamertag B (2nd Gamertag) is linked to Microsoft account 2 (2nd Email)
    • Microsoft account 1 is free. (old email )
    You should be done at this point.

Please refer to this guide
    Switch a gamertag to another Microsoft account
  4. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Aa

If you create an offensive or inappropriate Gamertag, it will be replaced with a new automatically-generated Gamertag doesn't matter for how long you had it.

A forced Gamertag change now automatically assigns a new Gamertag to the account, much in the same way a system-generated Gamertag is provided when you first sign up for Xbox Live.

If a player is unhappy with the assigned Gamertag and wishes to change it, he or she may purchase a new Gamertag through the

standard Gamertag change process
  5. GrubbiestEmu Win User

Child Account to Adult Account?

Changing the birthday on the accounts.live.com page does not change the age/birthday of your Xbox live account. Also there is no way to transfer dlc to a new gamertag.

To the opener, when you first sign into any EA games online with your Xbox profile it asks you to create an EA account which it links to your gamertag. If you're sure that the age on your xbox live account is correct it might be a problem with the birthday
    of the EA account.
  6. XBA_Hype Win User

Gamer Tag

You can easily change your Xbox gamertag. If you want to change the gamertag that we created for you when you first signed up for Xbox (meaning you didn’t choose it yourself), you can change it one time
    for free. After that, all Xbox gamertag changes cost extra.

If you created your own gamertag at signup and want to change it, you’ll be charged (fee varies by region and currency).

If you would like to read up more on it i have provided the link here -> GamerTag Change
Thema:

When a 2nd Xbox profile/ gamertag is created, Is there any way to replace or change or link...

1. When a 2nd Xbox profile/ gamertag is created, Is there any way to replace or change or link... - Similar Threads - 2nd profile gamertag

2. 2nd time asking, Why does watching YouTube from my xbox one blow out my modem?

in XBoX on Consoles
    2nd time asking, Why does watching YouTube from my xbox one blow out my modem?: This is my 2nd time asking about this problem. for some reason, i wasn't notified that I had a response(notification checked) and it was locked. that makes no sense to lock. i should be able to...
  3. Xbox Requests: Week of February 2nd, 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Requests: Week of February 2nd, 2024: Xbox Requests: Capturing all your ideas, across all of Xbox, every week! From PC gaming to Xbox consoles, and everything in between, if you have an idea or feature request that you want to share...
  4. How can I get my controller repaired? Still broken after 2nd times repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I get my controller repaired? Still broken after 2nd times repair: This is what I got from 2nd repair. 2024-01-09 172116.png My controller cannot charge after 3 months use. Because it is still in warranty so I tried to get it repaired. Frist time send it to...
  5. My account can't play any game if I try to log in as first player, but if I play as 2nd,...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account can't play any game if I try to log in as first player, but if I play as 2nd,...: Glitch in Xbox software. Xbox account glitch. (I don't know what else to put.) 5c10558f-ea38-434f-af08-5f495ec82374
  6. Can't download a 2nd minecraft account for a 2nd child? Have bought a new key.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download a 2nd minecraft account for a 2nd child? Have bought a new key.: I have recently bought minecraft for pc for my sons new pc. When we try to install it says that I already have it installed. Seems to be because a few yrs ago, we bought minecraft for my eldest...
  7. Problem with 2nd hand 360.

in XBoX on Windows
    Problem with 2nd hand 360.: I recently bought a 2nd hand 360 for my kids so they could still play the games they loved. Our old one got damaged but I salvaged the removable HD. But now none of the free gold games including...
  8. How do you make fifa 24 live on 2 accounts. 2nd x box new (home box) wil only play offline

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do you make fifa 24 live on 2 accounts. 2nd x box new (home box) wil only play offline: How do you make fifa 24 live on 2 boxes.. 2nd box will only play offline. It is downloaded on 1st box. 2nd box is home box 02f23c38-713f-430a-b332-6a239a6748ce
  9. How to delete 2nd profile, or at least logout and login to correct profile xbox companion...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to delete 2nd profile, or at least logout and login to correct profile xbox companion...: So about a year ago I updated the email of my xbox live acct, it used to be yahoo, now it's gmail... so when I went to login I used the new email, however that seemed to create a new xbox profile...
  10. I'm having difficulty changing my email address for a 2nd Xbox profile.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm having difficulty changing my email address for a 2nd Xbox profile.: I created an alias on Xbox to play Diablo 3 locally with a friend. I registered an Apple e-mail address that I now want to change to an outlook alias that I created successfully. I have gone to...