What's wrong with my Seagate Game Drive?

Discus and support What's wrong with my Seagate Game Drive? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Seagate Game Drive for xbox one just today won't power on properly (no light), not detectable by the xbox but sounds normal when I listen to it.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GunsBlazin00, Jul 24, 2023.

1. GunsBlazin00
    GunsBlazin00 Guest

My Seagate Game Drive for xbox one just today won't power on properly (no light), not detectable by the xbox but sounds normal when I listen to it. Tried plugging it into my son's PC and won't register there either. PLEASE HELP!!

:)

GunsBlazin00, Jul 24, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Gunsblazin00, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.

Not a Microsoft employee.

I’m sorry to hear your Seagate external hard drive is not working as expected. Based on your post description, it’s likely the drive has a hardware issue.
    If you still have a warranty on it, I highly encourage you to contact Seagate and start a replacement request.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Connecting the drive to a PC and not have it be detected immediately like other PC based drives is normal behaviour. The drive will not show because it's not formatted to PC.

With the drive connected to a PC. Right click on the Windows Start button and select Disk Management. If the drive is functional, it will show in Disk Management. Note: If Windows asks you to initialise the drive, this will remove the Xbox formatting.

Try formatting the drive again using the Windows defaults. Then connect the drive back to your console again. The drive will be empty again unfortunately, but at least you may have a working drive.
  4. Project0 Sniper Win User

Error when adding USB hard drive

USB device brand/size. Seagate Expansion 2 TB

Error message and/or code. Can't perform action error while trying to configure device

What are you trying to do? Configure hard drive to save games to

What is going wrong? Can not configure hard drive (already converted to FAT32)
  5. Smwutches Win User

Expansion Card Question

Did you buy the Seagate expansion card or a Seagate hard drive? The arrows mean the games are on a device that can't run them and they need to be moved back to the internal drive in order to play them. If what you bought is not the Seagate expansion card, it won't run those games, it'll only store them.
  6. Leemur60 Win User

External hard drive

I recommend Seagate drives. They are reasonably priced and usually very reliable. I have two 2TB Seagate drives attached to my Xbox for games and another 1TB drive for movies etc.
Thema:

1. What's wrong with my Seagate Game Drive? - Similar Threads - What's wrong Seagate

2. What's wrong with my wifi connection? Also, what is MAC connection?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What's wrong with my wifi connection? Also, what is MAC connection?: I've had my Xbox one s for a little over a year now. It was gifted to me by my brother in law. I don't know how long he has had it, but I know it was in storage for a while. The WiFi on it has...
  3. What is wrong with my xbox one s if it sparks from top vent but still turns on and works as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is wrong with my xbox one s if it sparks from top vent but still turns on and works as...: My xbox one s had randomly started experiencing frames dropping rapidly from 60 to 40 to 30 to 20 and below. Then my 5 month old perfectly working elite series 2 controller started disconnecting...
  4. Does anyone know what’s wrong with my Xbox one x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know what’s wrong with my Xbox one x?: My Xbox one X won’t play Xbox one games everytime I try to play one it crashes back to the dashboard immediately after clicking into it. I have tried all of the troubleshooting but nothing helped....
  5. what is wrong with the xbox 360 backward section in the website?

in XBoX on Windows
    what is wrong with the xbox 360 backward section in the website?: https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/backward-compatibility?cat=xbox360 (choose only xbox 360 games) by default the list is Sort: Featured When I get to page 11 it doesn't load, it stays loading so...
  6. something went wrong with your party chat try again later. is what my xbox game bar says

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    something went wrong with your party chat try again later. is what my xbox game bar says: Game bar parties not working 0x00000000 something went wrong try again - Microsoft Community I've pretty much done everything this guy has done in this link beside solution 3 which really doesn't...
  7. What do I do if I redeemed vbucks to the wrong account?

in XBoX on Windows
    What do I do if I redeemed vbucks to the wrong account?: How do I transfer the vbucks back to the right account? 8b13da4f-5377-4212-a1b0-1e230087194a
  8. Can some one explain what I did wrong here?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can some one explain what I did wrong here?: Name of Ark server: ark savages. It's a 4 man tribe molded ark server. I posted "Ark savages 4 man come try it out" My account got banned. I've been with xbox live for over 15 years never had...
  9. What to do if I claim Xbox gift card on the wrong account

in XBoX on Windows
    What to do if I claim Xbox gift card on the wrong account: I accidentally claimed my $20 Xbox gift card on the wrong account and I am trying to get it onto my main account 24c0ca6d-0f2a-4531-ab80-d7845238922d
  10. What’s wrong with my console

in XBoX on Consoles
    What’s wrong with my console: I have had my Xbox one for almost 6 years, and I haven’t had any issues until about 2 weeks ago. When I try to sign in and load up the home menu, it takes forever and gives me a pop up that says...