What's up with all of the hating on the Xbox One??

Discus and support What's up with all of the hating on the Xbox One?? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I certainly don't care for the Kinect on the 360 and I'm not jumping around in front of my Xb1 Kinect, but the voice commands are useful. I'm not using... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by kingvas78, May 7, 2014.

  1. What's up with all of the hating on the Xbox One??


    I certainly don't care for the Kinect on the 360 and I'm not jumping around in front of my Xb1 Kinect, but the voice commands are useful. I'm not using the voice commands for games, sure, but doing everything else entertainment wise is great for me.

    However, I didn't spend $500 on the console for that, I did it for the games, which is keeping well entertained. I don't see it as an extra $100 either.
     
    CollapseControl, May 7, 2014
    #16
  2. @GG then don't What's up with all of the hating on the Xbox One?? :)

    Those sales figures don't lie! MS are already losing money on the One.
     
    WildChameleon, May 7, 2014
    #17
  3. Zero Divided
    Zero Divided Guest
    @GG, that's my point, the primary reason most people buy the X1 is to play games, in that sense, how can anyone consider the Kinect as being a part of the gaming system when it is completely useless in most cases. If they want people to accept the Kinect,
    the developers have to start using it or most people will continue to refuse to acknowledge the Kinect as part of the system.

    Outside of gaming, I think the Kinect is fantastic, the other night I have the controller turned on and in my hands when i realized i was using the voice commands over the controller.

    @Wild, I never said to not buy a X1, but just don't use it if you don't want to, this is the way a lot of electronics are nowadays, adding in features you won't use, but you get them anyways.
     
    Zero Divided, May 7, 2014
    #18
  4. What's up with all of the hating on the Xbox One??

    What!? Wild, you can't be serious - nowhere in your last post did you even mention sales figures for MS.
     
    Galactic Geek, May 7, 2014
    #19
  5. Yeah cause the sales gap is such a big factor eh. Maybe if the consoles were launched in the same amount of regions at the same time, maybe, just maybe sales would be in a dead heat. I for one applaud how well XboxOne is selling in only 13 regions vs over
    60 some odd regions that the competition is in.

    As far as kinect. I think its very useful if given a chance and know how to use iy . As for PS eye toy, if kinect is so hated , why is their such a demand for the backordered eye toy?
     
    XxEndless WarxX, May 7, 2014
    #20
  6. Tzar of kaos
    Tzar of kaos Guest
    Same as Sony with the PS4.

    Both companies spends millions even billions on hardware and software,if you think they makes profits after 6 months,you're living in a fairy tale.
     
    Tzar of kaos, May 7, 2014
    #21
  7. What I'm getting at Tzar is that MS isn't losing ANY money on each console sold, whereas the competition from Sony is...
     
    Galactic Geek, May 7, 2014
    #22
  8. What's up with all of the hating on the Xbox One??

    • I think the main reason the Xbox One gets a lot of hate is because the PS4 fanboys need to justify their purchase. They don't want to feel like they have wasted their hard earned cash (or their parents) on the console. I say
      let people justify their purchase because I feel sorry for people who feel the need to justify a purchase. If PS4 fanboys on here want to feel like they brought the right console I would happily send you a private message with how amazing the PS4 is, and the
      same goes to the Xbox One lads.
     
    BHC Bluez n 2z, May 7, 2014
    #23
  9. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    [quote user="Pyramid Head15"]Yeah, because MS didn't change their policies a all.[/quote]They did, but what they originally envisioned I, as a consumer, would have welcomed. Now post-changes, people want sharing back...
    Steam would like to have a word with you about PC gaming.

    It's not a question of being entitled to a product, it's a question of what one is buying. I do not have an issue with buying licenses. People buying Amazon Instant Video and books, iTunes video and books, and UltraViolet do not have an issue with buying
    licenses. Licenses provide advantages over physical media.
     
    IceStorm III, May 7, 2014
    #24
  10. N7 Gh0stz
    N7 Gh0stz Guest
    I wanted the xbox one to have kinect and DRM and always online its the future sony chickened out becaus ethey saw the back lash ms got
     
    N7 Gh0stz, May 7, 2014
    #25
  11. IceStrom II:"They did, but what they originally envisioned I, as a consumer, would have welcomed. " Yay? You must be in the minority then because your original point was MS giving consumers what hey want so their supposition must be that consumers in the
    majority did not want most of waht the original X1 was.

    "Now post-changes, people want sharing back..." Well, I guess we should also get rod of kinect then because I see a ton of threads about that too!

    "Steam would like to have a word with you about PC gaming." Steams wrong. People who accepted itare wrong. And if the law ends up dictating we don't own the games, then the system has failed.
     
    Pyramid Head15, May 7, 2014
    #26
  12. The only thing I dislike is the try hard fans making stuff up.
     
    RedEye Expr3ss, May 7, 2014
    #27
  13. What's up with all of the hating on the Xbox One??

    I believe the term Hates gonna hate fits here perfectly.

    There's always going to be the haters that just have to hate on whatever is they're hating to an extreme amount which is a shame because it just over clouds the positive (well that's what it seems).

    Let them hate on and enjoy your product of choice.
     
    DigitalAssassin, May 7, 2014
    #28
  14. The true wonder is what drives kids to type such hate about video games (or any entertainment) on the internet.

    We all have some hate for things, but we do not need to take it to the extreme.
     
    CollapseControl, May 7, 2014
    #29
  15. Do you think calling anyone or singling a group of people out then labling them as a hater is moraly right? Just because some one has good intentions, this does not make thier actions have a positive impact. Think twice when you call anyone a hater because
    all you end up doing is nothing more than name calling.

    everyone is great in their own way.
     
    Fall of Reach, May 7, 2014
    #30
Thema:

What's up with all of the hating on the Xbox One??

Loading...
  1. What's up with all of the hating on the Xbox One?? - Similar Threads - What's hating

  2. Not Exactly Sure What Catagory To Report This Bug in

    in XboX Insiders
    Not Exactly Sure What Catagory To Report This Bug in: I am an insider beta, I recently joined the insider beta. Yesterday we got the system, startup animation update, and I applied the Xbox one X version because that was my favorite by far and when...
  3. Beta Update ring - What is this new weekly streak thing added in the update?

    in XboX Insiders
    Beta Update ring - What is this new weekly streak thing added in the update?: What is this new streak thing added in the update? I opened a game after installing the new update and I got a notification telling me something about a weekly streak being started and now there’s...
  4. How to see what badges are and change which show?

    in XboX Insiders
    How to see what badges are and change which show?: I am in the beta ring. It seems I should be able to at a minimum be able to see what the badges were for and also should be able to select which 5 are showing? I tried to find it on console, and...
  5. What are the requirements for going from the Beta to Alpha insider ring?

    in XboX Insiders
    What are the requirements for going from the Beta to Alpha insider ring?: I have been an insider for around 6 1/2 years (been on the beta ring for 1/2 a year) and I was wondering what the requirements for the alpha ring were. All the Xbox support article says is that it...
  6. What would happen if I redeemed the disc to digital and destroyed the disc?

    in XboX Insiders
    What would happen if I redeemed the disc to digital and destroyed the disc?: I wanna know just in case in the future a disc stops working. submitted by /u/Serious_Revolution77 [link] [comments]
  7. What do I do if I was falsely reported for hate speech or discrimination

    in XBoX Rewards & Social
    What do I do if I was falsely reported for hate speech or discrimination: I need so much help please I have absolutely no idea what to do. bc29e730-145b-4fed-bc30-ead36879e3a6
  8. Biggest thing I hate about Microsoft is NO frikkin support what gives,,,You suck on Cust ...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Biggest thing I hate about Microsoft is NO frikkin support what gives,,,You suck on Cust ...: One of biggest corpin the world and you have worst customer support of any company there is in fact it is nill!!!! fb0c5fd7-58f5-4622-b688-a73044805484
  9. I hate this system. Been trying for 30 minutes to sign in. What an absolute beating this ...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    I hate this system. Been trying for 30 minutes to sign in. What an absolute beating this ...: Why won't this stupid system let me sign in? I absolutely hate this system. Last time I get a Microsoft system 85d278c0-1e7f-46b5-ae7a-1d88410aecec
  10. What do you like Most about your Xbox one ? What do you hate most about it? Is there anything ...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    What do you like Most about your Xbox one ? What do you hate most about it? Is there anything ...: What do you like Most about your Xbox one ? I suppose my answer for the Good is they put together something already built ready to go that you don't have to tweak..It's optimized really well And...