What's the point of selling external hard drives SPECIFICALLY FOR XBOX SERIES X/S if you...

Discus and support What's the point of selling external hard drives SPECIFICALLY FOR XBOX SERIES X/S if you... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought an external hard drive that was specifically made for Xbox Series X/S. I was told it would allow me to store and be played off of yet that was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SheistyLawyer, Jan 28, 2024.

1. What's the point of selling external hard drives SPECIFICALLY FOR XBOX SERIES X/S if you...

I bought an external hard drive that was specifically made for Xbox Series X/S. I was told it would allow me to store and be played off of yet that was not true when I attempted to actually play a game. I STILL have to either have it on the internal or a card inserted in the back. Seems like a ripoff to me.

:)

SheistyLawyer, Jan 28, 2024
  2. Smwutches Win User

External storage

3. Nkosana23 Win User

Why can’t I move my non x/s game on to my added on hard drive?

4. Obsessive Power Win User

External hard drive not working

Hi,

External hard drives are not fast enough for Xbox Series X|S titles. Unfortunately you can't play these games off slow USB external hard drives. They need either be installed internally or to an optional Xbox Series X|S Expansion card.
  5. Smwutches Win User

Why does my friend have to copy a game from his external to his internal hard drive?

If he has a Series S/X and is trying to play a Series S/X optimized game, it will only run on the internal drive or on an expansion card made for the Series S/X. It won't run on a regular external hard drive or SSD.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

The new expansion card for Xbox Series X

Hi,

Current external hard drives are USB 3.0 5,400 RPM mechanical hard drives. These drives are very slow compared to the Expansion card. You won't be able to run Series X/S games from current external hard drives, not even the 2.5" external SSD drives either.
    But, you will be able to archive your Series X/S games to these drives to save downloading again.

The expansion card can run all compatible Xbox games. Which will be Series X/S, Xbox One and the BC Xbox 360 and original Xbox games on the BC list.

Xbox One and other Backwards compatible games will load a lot faster on either the internal storage or the expansion card than they would if you ran them off your external hard drive.

Microsoft has a video on YouTube showing 'The Outer Worlds' loading in just 11 seconds on a Series X/S SSD, compared to nearly 60 seconds on Xbox One.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wCX0n9Jci4
Thema:

What's the point of selling external hard drives SPECIFICALLY FOR XBOX SERIES X/S if you...

1. What's the point of selling external hard drives SPECIFICALLY FOR XBOX SERIES X/S if you... - Similar Threads - What's point selling

2. What are Official Xbox Magazine Points? Are they still a thing?

in XBoX on Windows
    What are Official Xbox Magazine Points? Are they still a thing?: I recently found out that some of my favourite games have Xbox 360 gamerpics that could be obtained through these magazines. The one I've found is #83 from May 2008 with Portal gamerpics. The...
  3. What should i do? I bought a 100 robux digital card using the reward points I got and I...

in XBoX on Windows
    What should i do? I bought a 100 robux digital card using the reward points I got and I...: How can I get the code or get my points back? 5139d47a-5472-4374-af39-ccef3e3222cc
  4. What's the point in being an Xbox insider?

in XboX Insiders
    What's the point in being an Xbox insider?: Not trolling as I've been in the programme for over a decade but these days it feels like being an insider is less valued than ever. I've been alpha skip ahead or equivalent for a lot of this time...
  5. What's the point of be an embassador? (I like how it sounds)

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    What's the point of be an embassador? (I like how it sounds): I'm new on this to be an embassador, teach me an tell me about what to do. I'm like sponge. I read all te introduction but I need someone to talk about the part of be an embassador. I like to...
  6. What’s the point of the report button

in XBoX on Windows
    What’s the point of the report button: literally Everytime I report someone for doing something that’s against the rules literally nothing happens like at this point just remove it bc it serves no purpose at all like I’m a ambassador...
  7. What is going on with my reward points?

in XBoX on Windows
    What is going on with my reward points?: So long story short something is going on with my reward points gifted to me after each purchase. Earlier in the year I purchased One Piece Odyssey and received 1200 points for my purchase....
  8. What happened to my COD points??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What happened to my COD points??: My COD PIONTS are gone , i paid an ernd them 2300 coins now theres only 1200 coins , i think its messed up that you people make a mistake an i a grown man 49 an more like me have to take a hit...
  9. What’s the point of weekly requests if they aren’t going to listen to them?

in XboX Insiders
    What’s the point of weekly requests if they aren’t going to listen to them?: I’ve seen the same repeated requests for months less ads,usb audio support,how long to beat in the store etc submitted by /u/GLxYxSnIpEd [link] [comments]
  10. Every single game on my xbox has an exclamation point in a triangle on them. ⚠️ idk what...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Every single game on my xbox has an exclamation point in a triangle on them. ⚠️ idk what...: Every single game on my xbox has an exclamation point in a triangle on them. ️ idk what this is but it's on all my games. I can still play them. What does it mean and how do I get rid of it...