What's the best hotspot deal for Xbox live?

Discus and support What's the best hotspot deal for Xbox live? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Why is it that the Xbox uses so much data to play a game? It seems to me that if the dreamcast could run on dial up with laptops for servers and play... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Old, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Old
    Old Guest

Why is it that the Xbox uses so much data to play a game? It seems to me that if the dreamcast could run on dial up with laptops for servers and play complex games (quake, unreal, etc.) With no lag that Microsoft could figure out a way that I would not have
    to use 5 gigs in a 4 hour session. Not all people have gb internet that is unlimited.

It would be great if people who live outside of town could play too.

Does anyone know of a hotspot service that would last a month not counting downloading games?

:)

2. Shadowskill08 Win User

If you are a big gamer on the go, I'd recommend talking with service providers in your area to see who would have the best solution to your problem.

Hope this helps!
  3. Real Dangerr Win User

I think you should just look into getting a internet provider instead of jumping on a hotspot unless you travel a lot. If you're in the USA try Verizon wireless hotspot or look into who has the best service for hotspots Wi-Fi. I hope this is useful.
  4. HulkUK75 Win User

Hi, Seems a bit excessive for a 4 hours gaming session.

but just looked at my usage for the last 21 days and I've used 140GB, I normally only play for 3 to 4 hours an evening, but this also includes game patches and new games which I have download in the month, also while I'm gaming I use all the extra features
    like setup a friends only group chat which at some points had 10 of us chatting. out of curiosity tonight after my gaming sessions i'm going to look at my usage and share.
  5. ArminatorX Win User

I don't know how you got the 5GB in a 4 hour session, but I'd assume that the Xbox also pulled game or system updates during that time.

I once had Wireshark running along a game of Battlefield, as one was interested in the amount of traffic a multiplayer game does, and during a 1 hour session, roughly about 100 Megabyte were transmitted only for the Multiplayer.

So the game itself can't cause 5GB of multiplayer traffic. There was a game update that was pulled along during your gaming session.

As for "hotspot deals": I don't know what country you're from, or what internet providers exist in your area.

But usually, Hotspot internet (or any other wireless/mobile internet) usually have those stupid volume limits.

You need to find a proper landline based internet connection like DSL via phone line, Cable via TV cable, or glass fibre, if that's available to you.
  6. Malacath Win User

Can't connect to the internet

Your best bet would be to connect your xbox to your laptop using ethernet.

Then switching on internet connection sharing on your laptop.

Thats what i do if i need to connect my xbox to a wifi hotspot with a login page.

While this will allow you to connect to live and download stuff there is no guarantee you will get an open nat as that is something out of your controll on wifi hotspots
Thema:

1. What's the best hotspot deal for Xbox live? - Similar Threads - What's best hotspot

2. What’s the best way to connect my series X to my monitor that doesn’t have HDMI?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What’s the best way to connect my series X to my monitor that doesn’t have HDMI?: I recently purchased a Samsung G85SB gaming monitor. Only after being delivered did I realize it doesn’t have an HDMI port only mini DP, a micro hdmi and a type c input. I could buy adapters to...
  3. What is the best way to control my TV and audio receiver from my Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is the best way to control my TV and audio receiver from my Xbox series X?: I currently have an Xbox series X. a few months ago's I upgraded from an Xbox One X. I have my video and audio going to my TV and then optical out going to my audio receiver. I used to be able to...
  4. What laptop is best for hogwarts legacy?

in XBoX on Windows
    What laptop is best for hogwarts legacy?: I'm currently looking at buying a laptop that I can play hogwarts legacy and maybe the last of us on. I'm not want to spend too much. I was looking at the Acer Nitro 5 15.6-inch...
  5. What’s the best way to grow recognization

in XBoX Accessibility
    What’s the best way to grow recognization: I’m a brand new to doin anything like this but I’m a really positive figure to everyone around me and people keep telling me I should try something to do with being a content marketer I wanna...
  6. What's the best 2 terabyte external hard drive for the Xbox One?

in XboX Insiders
    What's the best 2 terabyte external hard drive for the Xbox One?: I'm having trouble figuring out which external hard drive I should get for my Xbox One, I'm starting to run out of space so I want to get a external hard drive so I don't have to delete a game or...
  7. What are the best options for adding storage Xbox series S?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What are the best options for adding storage Xbox series S?: My daughter needs more storage space on her Xbox series s. She received a game for Christmas but can't play bc there's not enough space on her internal storage. My free time the last couple days...
  8. What is the best Goku Xbox gamer tag ideas?

in XBoX Accessibility
    What is the best Goku Xbox gamer tag ideas?: The reason why I made this is because I've been thinking about changing my username since a few minutes ago so I wanna know y'all's best Goku Xbox gamer tag ideas...
  9. What is the best storage option for Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is the best storage option for Xbox One S: Looking for storage options for my son's Xbox One S? Not a gamer myself so I have no idea where to start. f45ca67b-40a6-43fd-a51c-96d6f0d950ed
  10. What's the best way to get dust out of my Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What's the best way to get dust out of my Xbox: I don't know if I should take the Xbox apart to clean it or get a can of air and spray everything out my Xbox has a lot of dust and my Xbox gets hot fast and slow ever since the dust appeared...