What would you think about Game Pass credits (premium currency to buy DLC in GP games)?

Discus and support What would you think about Game Pass credits (premium currency to buy DLC in GP games)? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I'd really like to hear some opinions on this before suggesting it as a feature. I'm not a fan of microtransactions. I rarely bought DLC before and... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/TimTubeYT, Sep 29, 2021.

1. /u/TimTubeYT
    /u/TimTubeYT Guest

What would you think about Game Pass credits (premium currency to buy DLC in GP games)?

I'd really like to hear some opinions on this before suggesting it as a feature.

I'm not a fan of microtransactions. I rarely bought DLC before and it seems even more awkward to me now that I don't even own games anymore because of Game Pass. I feel like a way to make DLC purchases, both expansions and in-game microtransactions, more appealing and accessible would be to have a unified currency, Game Pass credits. Having a unified premium currency would have numerous pros, on both a business and consumer side

• you could give users free weekly/monthly tokens • users could exchange Microsoft points for tokens » when you own DLC for a game, even if you got it for free, you're more likely to come back to it (keep the subscription for Game Pass) • token could be discounted at higher prices, leading to people overall considering to buy more for higher value per dollar • as mentioned by many studies and psychologists, premium currencies are a renown concept for making it "easier" to spend money because you have less associations with it and it doesn't take you through the whole payment process and avoids the displeasure of spending money (can be dangerous, be careful. don't make your costumers addicts)

I'm not sure whether to advocate for something like this or not. What do you guys think?

submitted by /u/TimTubeYT
    [link] [comments]

/u/TimTubeYT, Sep 29, 2021
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Game pass

Hello Game,

Unfortunately, with game pass you are not able to use currency on your account to purchase or renew the subscription. However you can use this currency to purchase Xbox live gold, DLC, games and in game currency. You will have to add a credit/debit card
    to purchase game pass.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. ngocphi Win User

$50 Xbox live code

Ummm if its a currency card then no you can only buy from the dashboard with credit or paypal

You can only use currency for dlc not subscriptions

If its a apecific game code then yes you would have to wait till the bc is released to redeem 360 games on an xbox one
  4. Nursemorph Win User

X-Box Minecraft java

will it be a premium permanent account and i be able to play on premium servers
    Game Pass games are not Premium versions..they are just the basic game.

Game Pass games are not permanent...you can play the Game Pass version as long as you have a Game Pass subscription..soon as you cancel Game Pass, you lose access to it. Also, sometimes games are removed from Game Pass so you would also lose access if that happened too.

Regarding Hypixel, it depends: if Hypixel is a mod, then it won't likely work as GP games generally don't allow mods. If it's just a server, then I see no reason why it wouldn't work
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

Forza Horizon 5 Premium Addons

Most game pass games do not include DLC. Some games come to game Pass at the same time as they launch DLC , in part to help it’s sales.

You get a discount with GamePass Ultimate on DLC for GP games

The cost for a service that includes all downloadable content would be prohibitive for the average user
  6. Z4ZonE Win User

gta v online

if your talking about the prepaid card with the money on it, you can not buy gold with that, you can only add gold by using your credit card to buy it from the xbox, computer, smartphone, tablet, or ipad, or you can buy the ppc with is completely different
    from the currency cards.

currency cards can only be used for movies, games, music, and other DLCs
Thema:

1. What would you think about Game Pass credits (premium currency to buy DLC in GP games)? - Similar Threads - Game Pass credits

2. My credit card is being charged for an Xbox game pass for Console since 9/28/2023,

in XBoX on Windows
    My credit card is being charged for an Xbox game pass for Console since 9/28/2023,: My credit card is being charged for an Xbox game pass for Console since 9/28/2023. The subscription is tied to an *@outlook.com email that is and never was mine. I deleted the card out of...
  3. Is it possible to get game pass ultimate, without linking a credit card to the account, or...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to get game pass ultimate, without linking a credit card to the account, or...: I’ve been planning to get Game Pass Ultimate for my personal account for a while, (I can access it on Xbox through a family member’s subscription) but I don’t want to have a credit card linked to...
  4. Xbox game pass ultimate code not going pass asking for credit card or paypal.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game pass ultimate code not going pass asking for credit card or paypal.: I have a game pass ultimate card and code. But after i put in the fully prepaid card it asks for paypal or credit card and wont let me fully activate the code. Is there a solution for this?...
  5. Do non trial game pass gift cards need credit card information?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do non trial game pass gift cards need credit card information?: If i get a 3 month game pass ultimate (pc) for example, will i be able to redeem it without it asking for credit card, paypal, or any other payment method? 23c4f4e5-8d0a-45e3-b71c-6319fb8d5cc2
  6. Can I use Xbox credit to pay for game pass?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I use Xbox credit to pay for game pass?: I really want to use my Xbox credit to pay for game pass. But I don't know how. Will it automatically be applied when recurring billing reaches the next charge? I have a long time to wait until...
  7. Why does Xbox need credit card info for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and how do I fix it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Xbox need credit card info for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and how do I fix it?: I recently got it to play with some friends online but when I tried to put in the code it asks me for a payment method. I've only used Nintendo Online codes and it just adds the money to my Switch...
  8. Using microsoft credit to buy a PC Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Using microsoft credit to buy a PC Game Pass: Basically the title, I found the thread where someone asked how to gift the gamepass and a microsoft agent said that you needed to buy a Xbox Gift Card for that person so they could buy the game...
  9. Why does Xbox need credit card info for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and how do I fix it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Xbox need credit card info for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and how do I fix it?: I recently got it to play with some friends online but when I tried to put in the code it asks me for a payment method. I've only used Nintendo Online codes and it just adds the money to my Switch...
  10. buy first game pass with Microsoft balance without credit card

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    buy first game pass with Microsoft balance without credit card: hi I want buy game pass but I don't have credit card. please help me. cfdbdcfd-7c89-4302-aa83-0f8de4877481