What would happen if I did a charge back on my account?

Discus and support What would happen if I did a charge back on my account? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have been trying for over a day now to install Gears V. Including uninstalling it the first time and now trying to reinstall it. Its not happening.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Warri0r man, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Warri0r man
    Warri0r man Guest

I have been trying for over a day now to install Gears V. Including uninstalling it the first time and now trying to reinstall it. Its not happening. Currently the store says its downloading at 120kbs which seems to be code for "It won't work". I know this
    is my anger and frustration talking, but it should not take an act of God to make this game install on my PC. I was able to play it for 1 day. No where that I can find on the Windows Store page does it say that its a beta and may not even be able to be installed.

So. If I did a charge back to my account for this game, would I lose access to my other games? Would I lose access to my account?

:)

Warri0r man, Sep 12, 2019
  2. Smwutches Win User

To add, if you did a chargeback instead of going through the refund process, it can be considered marketplace theft and your account could be banned.
  3. FreakRoach Win User

4. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Warrior,

Thanks for coming to the forums. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with the game.Here is some additional information regarding the refund process.

In regards to requesting a refund you will need to do so online. Click here to learn
    How
    to complete the refund request form

After you submit the request, you’ll receive confirmation and follow-up emails that will include instructions on how to keep track of your request.

If you are needing further assistance with the purchase I would suggest to contact Live Support.

When you go to Contact Us,follow these steps to request a call:

Step 1 ----select Xbox One

Step 2 ----select see other options then subscription changes

Step 3-----select show contact options

Step 4 ----select request call from support

Please be sure to try the website request refund first, as agents will direct you there anyway. Also you are able to reply to the emails that you will receive from doing the online request directly.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

Banned Enforcement contact

Here is a scenario that would constitute market place theft. I am not saying this is what happened in your case but here is an example.

1. There are some charges made onto the account on say your credit card that you did not authorize.

2. You call up your bank to dispute those charges and then the bank contacts Microsoft saying that these charges are disputed and then the charges are what is called charged back basically removed from the Microsoft account and credited back to the bank.
    Microsoft sees this as a way of getting around their refund policy and trying to get something for free hence marketplace theft.

What should happen in a scenario like this is to contact xbox support when the charges are noticed and let them know there are charges that you do not recognize on the account and then they would look into it and give a refund if in policy.

What you can try and do is to sign into your sons account at commerce.microsoft.com it will show you the purchase history of his account and will show if there was any refunds/chargebacks done on any purchase.
  6. TinedBee8963 Win User

Migrated back from Colombia

Woah are you kidding me? The guy on the phone told me today that it is going to be upto 25-28 days but could be longer.... I gave them all my account details explained in detail what happened and they guaranteed me that the account would be suspended and
    no more charges could be incurred.

This morning I was charged a further £85 for Microsoft points I already told them I did not want to purchase, upto £433 now. And even though I was told no more money it keeps on being taken and tthey won't give it back for 25 days.

I wonder what would happen if I was broke and was charged by my bank in the meantime or if I had kids to feed and that money put my well into my overdraft would MS be footing the bill? It sounds to me like they don't care for their customers in the slightest
    bit.

Were you compensated for the 68 days in any way? Did you receive your original DLC back with the account also? I really hope it doesnt take MS this long to look into my case, I'm surprised you weren't posting here every day that they didn't look into your
    case.
Thema:

1. What would happen if I did a charge back on my account? - Similar Threads - happen did charge

2. Why did this happen on FH5?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did this happen on FH5?: Hello, I was offline for a bout 6 hours and come home to find out I was banned from Forza Horizon 5. I cannot access the auction house. I was supposedly banned for the images below. I never did...
  3. I've been banned for solicitation for no reason. This did not happen.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've been banned for solicitation for no reason. This did not happen.: I don't know what to do about this. My account has been banned for no reason. I haven't solicited or accepted any money's for any reason. 94dc2255-0ee8-4c60-8a50-f1bbd52715ea
  4. What happens in my refund was denied, but I did not get the product or service?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What happens in my refund was denied, but I did not get the product or service?: Can anyone please tell me, what happens in my refund was denied, but I did not get the product or service? f3fe6cc2-1418-4749-903b-5cc8a9da6ba7
  5. Why did this ban happen

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did this ban happen: I was banned for something a that was supposed to be making me unbanned on Wednesday April 26th, but when I get on Xbox the next day I see that it is now May 8th. When I went to check my bans I...
  6. Are my head phones broken or did something happen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are my head phones broken or did something happen?: My stealth 600 gen 2 turtle beach headset just stopped working.Around December, everytime i unmuted my mic, it would make a crackling or static noise and it would get louder until I muted my mic...
  7. why did this happen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why did this happen: i bought a game on my xbox i tried downloading it on my pc but it didnt work it was a gamepass game but i had bought the game after the gamepass ended ill explain this too i bought a game and it...
  8. What happened to my game and Why did it happen?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What happened to my game and Why did it happen?: It's stupid to talk about this now of all times because this happened 3 years ago but I would still like some questions answered. Back in March of 2015, the Games with Gold included Rayman...
  9. So when did this happen?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So when did this happen?: i log into my main this morning and its banned for a week because my bio had MOD REMOVED and that's how it was spelled without the u i thought they just made you change your bio or something...
  10. How did this happen? My account is listed in Canada? I live in California.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How did this happen? My account is listed in Canada? I live in California.: I just noticed when trying to add my paypal info that that the region my account on xbox.com is set to Canada & there is no option to change it to the U.S! I never lived or been to Canada. I live...