What will happen when I switch the primary email on a Xbox account to a different one?

Discus and support What will happen when I switch the primary email on a Xbox account to a different one? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I got my Xbox when I was pretty young so I had to use my parents email in order to have a Xbox and now I'm just tired of needing to log in on their... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Quinn Le, Jan 6, 2024.

1. Quinn Le
    Quinn Le Guest

What will happen when I switch the primary email on a Xbox account to a different one?

I got my Xbox when I was pretty young so I had to use my parents email in order to have a Xbox and now I'm just tired of needing to log in on their email or have to contact them in order to get stuff that should be very easy done. I have a Microsoft account already hook up to my pc and I'm trying to connect that one as primary to the Xbox account. I was just wondering 1: How I go about that? And 2: What happens to both emails and what they are linked to? (Since one is link to my pc and the other is linked to my laptop and the Xbox account I want). All help is very much appreciated and hope that this all works out! What will happen when I switch the primary email on a Xbox account to a different one? :)

:)

Quinn Le, Jan 6, 2024
  2. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, Quinn L. I'm Arturo, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

Please be aware, if you want to add an alias that's already associated with a Microsoft account, you will get an error because that's not possible.

Below, I'm going to share an article from Microsoft with more information about adding and removing aliases:

https://support.microsoft.com/offic...look-com-459b1989-356d-40fa-a689-8f285b13f1f2

“You can't add an email address that's associated with a work or school account as an alias.

An alias or email address can only contain letters, numbers, dot (.), underscore (_) or dash/hyphen (-). Spaces and other special characters aren't allowed.

Existing Hotmail, Live, Outlook.com, and MSN addresses can't be added as aliases, and you can't add an alias that is already associated with another Microsoft account.

It isn't possible to create a new alias using @hotmail, @live.com, or @msn.com. If a Hotmail address is important to you, you need to sign out and create a new account.”

Additionally, it is important to mention that if you decide to remove an alias, it will be removed permanently and can't be used again or access to that Outlook email.

In the same article I shared above, you will find that information.

“Are you sure? If you remove an alias that's an email address from a Microsoft domain (like @hotmail.com, @live.com, @outlook.com, or @msn.com), you're permanently deleting the alias, and it can't be associated with any Microsoft account again.”

Furthermore, please refrain from sharing personal information, including an email address.

As community users, we are not able to enter or check your account information, and everything we comment can be seen by anyone on the internet.

I know this is not the kind of answer you were expecting, but your understanding is appreciated.

Kind regards,

Arturo.
  3. BobMcFly247 Win User

changing my Microsoft email on xbox one?????

You can not really merge to accounts, but you can change the primary email address on the account your gamertag is associated with to the email address of your newer account.

If you still own a Xbox 360 there is a guide available to bind your gamertag to a different live account, which is much more easier to do, then change the primary email address.

support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account
  4. Rostom L Win User

Is there any way to transfer purchases?

Hi! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here. Sorry to hear about what happened.

Please be informed that there's no way we can transfer account data and licenses. They will remain on that account. What we could only do is to switch or transfer email address as a primary email address of the account. However, that can only be done if the email address we're talking about is a 3rd party email address since we can replace it and transfer to a different account. If that was a Microsoft email address, there's no way we can transfer that to a different account since Microsoft emails are Microsoft account itself.
  5. iFaDE0uTzz x Win User

Unlink Child Account to add to new Family Account

So you are trying to have your account switched to a different email? If so you cannot change your primary email. Though you can add accounts to your account and make them primary. Yes that sounded confusing so ill say this... the email you used will always
    be linked to your account as number one primary, but you can add another to be second primary... just sign into your live account on microsoft.com and manage account, there you will see "emails associated with this account"
  6. Hugo Calderon1 Win User

Transferng data using alias

So what happens to my Xbox account when I add a new email and make it my primary? Does it just change the email name and I still keep all my data?
Thema:

1. What will happen when I switch the primary email on a Xbox account to a different one? - Similar Threads - happen switch primary

2. Hello, When I Use Microsoft Rewards, Only Few Gift Cards Appear Because That Happens...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello, When I Use Microsoft Rewards, Only Few Gift Cards Appear Because That Happens...: Hello, When I Use Microsoft Rewards, Only Few Gift Cards Appear Because That Happens PostData: I am from the United States and I live there 3832f2cc-1a87-497d-bb04-42dc406796ce
  3. Almost all of my game clips and screenshots are gone what happened? Can I get them back...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Almost all of my game clips and screenshots are gone what happened? Can I get them back...: I was looking through my profile and then I saw that almost half of my game clips and screenshots are gone I'm wondering what happened and can I get them back cuz I never deleted them...
  4. Nearly all of my game clips and screenshots are gone what happen and can I get them back...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Nearly all of my game clips and screenshots are gone what happen and can I get them back...: Nearly all of my game clips and screenshots are gone what happen? Can I get them recovered PLEASEEE? 3821a926-74a9-46e1-bb9c-64580343c288
  5. My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...: Xbox controller series s keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and it keeps happening over and over I thought it was my headset dongle so I moved it to the back to avoid any interference but still...
  6. What would happen to my worlds if I Uninstall minecraft on my tablet and re-download it on...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What would happen to my worlds if I Uninstall minecraft on my tablet and re-download it on...: I want to change my skin on Mc and I haven't been able to. I was wondering what would happen if I Uninstall minecraft and reinstall it on the same device? I have a table and I don't know how it...
  7. Why is this happening to multiple of my new Xbox controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is this happening to multiple of my new Xbox controllers?: I am writing in regards to issues with fairly new Xbox controllers, it seems as if every time I buy a new controller a terrible constant stick drift will start to happen within a very short time...
  8. Why does this keep happening to my ASUS gaming A15?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does this keep happening to my ASUS gaming A15?: The laptop screen is always extremely dimmed whenever I turn on my ASUS Gaming A15. No matter what I do the screen always remains very dark. But when I reboot the laptop a few times by holding the...
  9. After last update, I can't not sign in. Keep on getting an error code. Never happened...

in XBoX on Consoles
    After last update, I can't not sign in. Keep on getting an error code. Never happened...: After last update I keep on getting an error code never happened before. Now everytime I sign in it automatically takes me to my microsoft account. Never happened before. Now I'm stuck with an...
  10. When ever I try to join my Xbox friends on my Switch a pop up happens.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When ever I try to join my Xbox friends on my Switch a pop up happens.: I’ve tried restarting my switch and I’ve tried connecting to a different WiFi but it just doesn’t work, so I have zero idea what to do next. The pop up says “Unable to connect, restart you client....