What to do if your next gen controller buttons are unresponsive?

Discus and support What to do if your next gen controller buttons are unresponsive? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; What to do if your next gen controller buttons are all unresponsive? bf473f96-3187-4dcb-b5d7-a8d7d1e664af Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dino Folks, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Dino Folks
    Dino Folks Guest

What to do if your next gen controller buttons are all unresponsive?

:)

Dino Folks, Dec 6, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com).

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are trying to use your next gen controller however the buttons are unresponsive. To isolate this issue, we would like to ask for few things:

1. What next gen controller are you using?
    2. What devices do you connect this controller with?

This issue sometimes, resolved after you have charged the device or change the batteries.

If this is an Xbox controller, you might try the suggestions from this link: The buttons on my Xbox controller aren’t working | Xbox Support

Should issue persists, and you still have the warranty of the controller, you may need to request a repair for this device.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. ItsLC Gaming Win User

Next gen controller, what are your thoughts?

usb-c since the elite is having it

and i would like to have a better feeling plastic on the controller grips, some end up creaking just a minor annoyance
  5. SoberCoffee752 Win User

It makes me regret getting the elite controller i currently just got😂😂
  6. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Exactly. It blows my mind seeing all these people demanding internal batteries. Utter madness. I prefer having the option of using your own AA batteries. A decent charger and some Eneloops have worked pretty well for me for this entire generation. Every
    PS3 controller, every PS4 controller, and every rechargeable pack for Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers has had significantly reduced battery life within a couple of years.

When my current batteries die, I just swap them out for a fresh set of charged Eneloops and I'm good to go in a few seconds.

What I don't want is to have to buy a new controller just because the internal battery can't go longer than a few hours. Not interested in having a wired controller.

The system they have now is perfect. Rechargeable pack available for anybody who wants it, batteries for whoever wants them. Everybody wins.

It'd be nice if these controllers are still compatible with the next console, especially the Elite controllers anyway.
Thema:

1. What to do if your next gen controller buttons are unresponsive? - Similar Threads - next gen controller

2. Is it is are worth of waiting for the reshrement to the next gen on the series x or stick...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it is are worth of waiting for the reshrement to the next gen on the series x or stick...: Is it is are worth of waiting for the reshrement to the next gen on the series x or stick with current one? let me know when you are ready and free. Your advice and help are approciated. Be kind...
  3. Start making the original 360 controllers for next gen consoles

in XboX Insiders
    Start making the original 360 controllers for next gen consoles: I’d like to say just for memories I had with the 360 since it’s getting shut down so why not make a 360 controller for people to use submitted by /u/Imaginary-Ease8041 [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox One S or next gen - Razer Leviathan V2 soundbar

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S or next gen - Razer Leviathan V2 soundbar: I recently purchased the Razer Leviathan V2 soundbar unknowing that it only has a type C port. What I am wondering is can a docking station where the Xbox connects with an audio optical to type C...
  5. if you make xbox series s next gen 2028 make it 24gb ram for developer

in XboX Insiders
    if you make xbox series s next gen 2028 make it 24gb ram for developer: if you make xbox series s next gen 2028 make it 24gb ram for developer idk what you guys thinking xbox series s now 7,7 gb ram you guys put xbox series 7,5gb ram for games next gen 2028, some game...
  6. Next gen xbox sign in

in XBoX Accessibility
    Next gen xbox sign in: I am switching to a next gen xbox and I am having trouble signing in on one of my accounts. The account I am switching to seems to have a deleted Microsoft account. However when submitting the...
  7. How long will the Xbox one be able to play online multiplayer with next-gen consoles

in XBoX on Consoles
    How long will the Xbox one be able to play online multiplayer with next-gen consoles: How long will the Xbox one be able to play online multiplayer with next-gen consoles? I heard a rumor that they were shutting down online multiplayer support before 2025, I would like to know if...
  8. Question about Next Gen game swap

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question about Next Gen game swap: So I heard news that Red Dead Redemption 2 is getting a next gen swap and I am curious as I have it digitally on my Xbox Series X and wondering if it will give me a free upgrade which makes it...
  9. Series x crashing on next gen games

in XboX Insiders
    Series x crashing on next gen games: I have a series x, worked great for about 3 months and then after awhile I noticed the series x games I was playing would freeze and then either go back to home screen or shut off the console...
  10. FEEDBACK: Considerations for next gen of controllers durability

in XboX Insiders
    FEEDBACK: Considerations for next gen of controllers durability: The durability of series X controllers is Bad; i have already bought 3 controllers and they are all presenting the same problem: Sensors. The sticks' sensors start to always read either an up or...