What to do if you join a friend's party and someone in it starts follow spamming you?

Discus and support What to do if you join a friend's party and someone in it starts follow spamming you? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I joined a friend's party and thought they were annoying so I left, almost immediately after I started getting flooded with follows and it won't stop,... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Telloh TV, Sep 9, 2023.

1. Telloh TV
    Telloh TV Guest

What to do if you join a friend's party and someone in it starts follow spamming you?

I joined a friend's party and thought they were annoying so I left, almost immediately after I started getting flooded with follows and it won't stop, I have no idea what to do as I don't want the followers or for my account to be banned

:)

Telloh TV, Sep 9, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Telloh TV,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, you are joining in a party chat and some of your friends are starting spamming you. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

We have created community standards, and we need help from everyone to help keep the Xbox Community safe and fun for everyone. We need a good player behavior on Xbox. Being a good player means being a good person: you follow the rules, and you treat your fellow players with respect. If you observe or experience someone violating our Community Standards, report it. Submitting a report takes only a few moments, but it can make a big impact on the safety and comfort of the entire community.

To report a player, see: How to report a player | Xbox Support

Additionally, if you don’t want to receive chats or game invites from specific players on the Xbox network, you can choose to mute or block them on your Xbox console:

• Press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then select People. Choose the gamertag for the person whom you want to mute or block. From their Xbox profile, select Mute or Block. To unblock or unmute the player, repeat those steps to return to their Xbox profile and select Unmute or Unblock.
    For your reference, see: How to mute or block other players on Xbox | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

4. Omega Realities Win User

reported for joining a party

[quote user="HailofSteel"]

Thats one of the priveiledges of being the party leader is being able to boot the people you dont know.I generally will not join friends who are in a party if they are not the host.Sometimes its better to start your own party then send your friend an invite
    to join you.More often then not you will get kicked for joining someone who is not on your friends list.Try sending a voice message and ask your friend to see if the host minds you joining instead of randomly popping in.

[/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking. I do the same before randomly joining a game with friends if there are others in the party.
  5. HailofSteel Win User

reported for joining a party

Thats one of the priveiledges of being the party leader is being able to boot the people you dont know.I generally will not join friends who are in a party if they are not the host.Sometimes its better to start your own party then send your friend an invite
    to join you.More often then not you will get kicked for joining someone who is not on your friends list.Try sending a voice message and ask your friend to see if the host minds you joining instead of randomly popping in.
  6. Rolepl4y Guy Win User

Please patch the exploit with reporting,

Heya Verified,

.I know about this issue, it's a new dev tool being used by some individuals and they're mass spamming until someone is banned and I did notify the proper team and they said they're investigating and I also suggest you do not join any parties with people you don't know or trust, because it mostly happens when you're in a party and they start spam reporting until the account gets perma banned, so I suggest you don't join any parties for now and let your friends or loved ones know as well.

have a good day or night ✌🏻

Regards,

Brian O.

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indication if this reply solved your problem, Click Yes or No below.
Thema:

1. What to do if you join a friend's party and someone in it starts follow spamming you? - Similar Threads - join friend's party

2. did anyone figure out how to play with friends in keplerth me and my friend can't join each...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    did anyone figure out how to play with friends in keplerth me and my friend can't join each...: did anyone figure out how to play with friends in keplerth me and my friend can't join each other f5fed898-2f87-4e6a-9f9a-116c71c17ba6
  3. I joined my friends Xbox part and it said ⚠ party encountered an error [0x8924000d] what do...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I joined my friends Xbox part and it said ⚠ party encountered an error [0x8924000d] what do...: What shall I do it is very confusing please reply over tryed joining another party, restarting my Xbox but nothing works please help me What do I do?? e1776a11-b598-4b53-8e55-71f86a941232
  4. So I can join into Fortnite and join. My friends party but I can’t see anyone in a voice...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    So I can join into Fortnite and join. My friends party but I can’t see anyone in a voice...: I just got Fortnite on my pc yesterday but I did have an epic account so it was all my old stuff 9f7338ef-3798-4a9c-91cf-58bc5f2d1a5c
  5. I keep getting party disconnected every time I try join a friend's party, but when I create...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I keep getting party disconnected every time I try join a friend's party, but when I create...: If I create a party chat friends can join me and party chat is fine. But if I try join a friend's party chat it just keeps giving my connecting and then disconnects me. We have even tried that the...
  6. I am having an issue where I join a party through Xbox game bar and my friends can hear me...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am having an issue where I join a party through Xbox game bar and my friends can hear me...: I have already tried deleting and reinstalling 649adc95-eb59-4e8a-8582-a0c691632a05
  7. Past few days can’t join parties and disconnects when friends join mine

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Past few days can’t join parties and disconnects when friends join mine: Past few days Xbox been acting up can’t join parties and I disconnect whenever someone joins mine, I’ve been getting more and more frustrated. I’ve done everything, restart router, test nat type,...
  8. Every time I join my friends party it says that I’m connecting and I can’t hear them. How...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Every time I join my friends party it says that I’m connecting and I can’t hear them. How...: I feel like I’ve tried everything to fix this problem and yet nothing has worked. b81b1021-67e7-4678-9afb-5f0a11e77819
  9. On the Xbox app why can I join parties on some friends but not others

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    On the Xbox app why can I join parties on some friends but not others: The other day my friend said they were in a party, my other friend confirmed through their mobile app but when I went to check on mine I couldn't see they were in one on their profile, when I...
  10. xbox app wont let me join a party when im on pc and my friends are on xbox. how do i get...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    xbox app wont let me join a party when im on pc and my friends are on xbox. how do i get...: xbox app wont let me join a party when im on pc and my friends are on xbox. how do i get this working again? d12a905b-85b5-4c8c-8b6d-75e240ae87d1