What to do if my email has been used to make 2 Xbox accounts?

Discus and support What to do if my email has been used to make 2 Xbox accounts? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; After a few months of not gaming, I decided to hop on Xbox but was unable to sign in, I did a password reset but still couldn’t login. From the help... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by muneeb ijaz, Dec 12, 2023.

1. muneeb ijaz
    muneeb ijaz Guest

After a few months of not gaming, I decided to hop on Xbox but was unable to sign in, I did a password reset but still couldn’t login. From the help center there were 2 options. 1, restart Xbox. 2, remove account from Xbox and then try to login. The first option didn’t work so I tried the second option, in this process Xbox has signed me up for a new account using the same email as my original account. So now when I try to login I’m always logged into the new account but not the original one. The original account still exists, I can search the gamertag and it does still appear, I just can’t log into it. Any help would be appreciated as all my game progress is on the original account, with my Xbox game pass membership still running as well.

:)

muneeb ijaz, Dec 12, 2023
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

My apologies, should have included this in my previous response. You'll need to contact your bank to cancel the charge. It can only be cancelled on Microsoft's end if you have access to the account.

Any sensitive info such as payment methods that were on the account could have been compromised. It would be best to cancel these payment methods to prevent any unauthorized charges.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  3. muneeb ijaz Win User

No problem thank you for your help, just a quick question what do I do about the recurring payment for my my Xbox game pass subscription? Will that automatically be cancelled or would I need to speak with my bank?

Also what would happen with the sensitive info on the account such as the bank card saved on the account?
  4. kyle_m4496 Win User

It's important to keep account information correct, up-to-date, and secure to ensure you don't lose access to your account, and to increase the chances of recovering it if you do lose access. If you can't access the email address associated with an account, you should have tried to recover access to the email or changed the associated email. Keeping it on the account when you don't have access is not recommended.

What happens when you sign into the account online, does it show any of your purchases or subscriptions? Check here: https://account.microsoft.com/

Thanks,
    Kyle
  5. muneeb ijaz Win User

I have checked via the link you have sent, there are no payment methods saved and nothing in the order history even though the most recent payment for game pass was taken from my bank account on the 4th of December 2023. I believe it’s showing details for the new account that was created on my Xbox when I tried to login.
  6. muneeb ijaz Win User

The thing is I don’t have access to the email used when creating the original Xbox account, the account was created around 9 years ago and my email has changed from the one used on my Xbox account. It was never an issue as the password was always working. I do have access to the recovery email but there hasn’t been an email there detailing security changes. What should I do moving forward? Im not sure how to cancel my Xbox game pass subscription as I can’t login to the original account to cancel it.
Thema:

1. What to do if my email has been used to make 2 Xbox accounts? - Similar Threads - email has been

2. How do I recover an Xbox account when the email has been deleted, is this possible or have...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I recover an Xbox account when the email has been deleted, is this possible or have...: I recently had an Xbox account permanently sign me out and realized the email used to create it has been deleted, is there anyway to recover my account without it. All the Microsoft support seems...
  3. My email domain has been deleted, so I can't receive emails to log into my account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My email domain has been deleted, so I can't receive emails to log into my account: would I be able to change the email address on my Minecraft account? 40971e61-dad9-4dec-9cb6-8714e5320f04
  4. My account has been hacked and the default email has been changed and i cant use the normal...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account has been hacked and the default email has been changed and i cant use the normal...: So the title explains most of my issues as my gmail was first hacked and then my Microsoft. I can log-in using my device password but i can't log in using my email as it says account doesnt exist....
  5. My primary alias has been changed to an unrecognized email

in XBoX Accessibility
    My primary alias has been changed to an unrecognized email: Recently on October 22th I got a notification from my email telling me the following: I think I have been hacked because the email that is has been changed to I do not recognize at all. I tried...
  6. my minecraft account has been hacked he changed my account email and password. Please tell...

in XBoX Accessibility
    my minecraft account has been hacked he changed my account email and password. Please tell...: my minecraft account has been hacked he changed my account email and password. Please tell me what to do i tried the microsoft support but it is not working 1bc71b3e-94ed-44e9-8339-2aab49494ec3
  7. A new account has been created for the same email on my pc

in XBoX Accessibility
    A new account has been created for the same email on my pc: I've been playing on my Xbox for a while and got a pc just under a year ago, recently tried to log in on the Xbox app on pc using the email I use for my Xbox and it has created an entirely new...
  8. am i able to get my microsoft account back after it has been hacked and my email address...

in XBoX Accessibility
    am i able to get my microsoft account back after it has been hacked and my email address...: My gmail was used without my knowledge by a random person who switched my microsoft account email and password, i have no way of getting into the account anymore, anytime i try to use my email...
  9. Is there a way to transfer all Xbox data to another email, my microsoft account has been...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a way to transfer all Xbox data to another email, my microsoft account has been...: Today there have been hundreds of sign-in attempts made to my microsoft account, i changed password and added a 2-factor authentication but i would like to close the account and move all of my...
  10. Any way to recover a hacked Microsoft account where the email has been changed?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Any way to recover a hacked Microsoft account where the email has been changed?: So I fell for a phishing scam and my account was stolen and the original email was removed and a new one added so the original account no longer exists, I just wanted to know if there was any way...