What to do if I claim Xbox gift card on the wrong account

Discus and support What to do if I claim Xbox gift card on the wrong account in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I accidentally claimed my $20 Xbox gift card on the wrong account and I am trying to get it onto my main account 24c0ca6d-0f2a-4531-ab80-d7845238922d Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Levi L., Feb 22, 2024.

1. Levi L.
    Levi L. Guest

I accidentally claimed my $20 Xbox gift card on the wrong account and I am trying to get it onto my main account

:)

Levi L., Feb 22, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Levi, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Unfortunately, we can't transfer funds from one account to another and it's not possible to "refund" a redeemed gift card.
  3. XBF Crystal P Win User

Xbox gift card

Hi there Jane,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with redeeming the gift card on the wrong account.

What type of gift card was it? (Currency/Subscription)

Unfortunately, if the gift card is for Microsoft Currency you will not be able to transfer or refund. The funds will get attached to the account it was redeemed on.

Hope this helps.
  4. RaeRae4 Win User

Fortnite - 2,500 (+300 Bonus) V-Bucks.

I redeemed my xbox gift card under wrong account. How can i get it to a different one?
  5. NelsonSantiago1 Win User

Redeeming Xbox gift card

Yes it was a gift card. So I put it or I redeemed the card. And then try to get Xbox Live. Am I doing something wrong?
  6. iV L3G3NDz T1M Win User

Microsoft Account

Thema:

1. What to do if I claim Xbox gift card on the wrong account - Similar Threads - claim gift card

2. I just got gifted from a different region, and i can't claim the gift. What should i do?...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I just got gifted from a different region, and i can't claim the gift. What should i do?...: My friend gifted me Minecraft from US region. But i can't claim it because i'm on a different region. What should i do? can anyone help?? 82117b44-9dc0-427e-a6a5-51ff38f7169c
  3. I wanted to claim my birthday gift on the day of my birthday

in XBoX on Windows
    I wanted to claim my birthday gift on the day of my birthday: I wanted to claim my birthday gift since it is my birthday and I was busy so I decide to claim it later (around 3PM, GMT +4) then after 2 hours, which is the time of making this post, the panel...
  4. can't claim a gift card

in XBoX on Windows
    can't claim a gift card: i purchased it from an app called paytm ( indian app for payment ) .when i tried to claim it it said This code is for another region It was purchased in a different region from your account now...
  5. there is no option avaliable for roblox robx gift card how to claim robux?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    there is no option avaliable for roblox robx gift card how to claim robux?: There is no option avaliable to claim robux 75ea4edd-aed8-473d-b412-c6b867ecd413
  6. If I delete my minecraft java account, can I reuse the gift code I used to claim the game?

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I delete my minecraft java account, can I reuse the gift code I used to claim the game?: Last year I bought a minecraft java card from walmart and redeemed it on an account, however now I would like to get rid of the account, but not lose the money I spent on it. If I were to delete...
  7. Unable to claim gift code received from discord for taking part in a promotion.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to claim gift code received from discord for taking part in a promotion.: Received a Game Pass gift code from discord for having taken part in a promotion. Was unable to claim gift code in xbox app or on website being given two different error reasons as to why....
  8. Spotify reward for game pass ultimate, unable to see "Claim your gift"

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Spotify reward for game pass ultimate, unable to see "Claim your gift": I purchased the Game Pass with 6 months Spotify, Nitro and EA offer. The "Claim your gift" section is no longer there in my Game Pass area. I have not recieved any codes via email, is there...
  9. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Gift Won’t Claim?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Gift Won’t Claim?: Hey i have game pass ultimate and have been trying to claim the gift, but every time i try it just says “An error occurred. Please try again later.”. I have tried resetting my xbox swapping...
  10. Can't claim gift card pack

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't claim gift card pack: I bought the sparrow hawk pack and I can't claim it. I already have the master hunter card, so is this the problem. I can't sell the card though, so please help da968b71-e50d-48b3-b700-0d9244881942