What should I do about my controller that won’t connect?

Discus and support What should I do about my controller that won’t connect? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I recently joined a new wifi network but after connecting my xbox crashed. Since then i’ve tried to go back on but my controller won’t connect at... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Rhia Eaton, May 12, 2024.

1. Rhia Eaton
    Rhia Eaton Guest

Hi, I recently joined a new wifi network but after connecting my xbox crashed. Since then i’ve tried to go back on but my controller won’t connect at all to the xbox. I’ve hard reset, i’ve tried using a usb cable, basically i’ve tried everything recommended. I only successfully got my controller reconnected once before it lost connection again. It’s no issue with batteries either.

I only own one controller so there’s no way i can access my xbox without it. Would my best chance be getting a new controller?

For reference my xbox is rather old it’s the xbox one s so my warranty ended.

:)

Rhia Eaton, May 12, 2024
  2. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, Rhia E. I'm Arturo, a community user like you, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

I'm sorry to hear your controller is not working as expected.
    Not only that, but it could be a hardware issue with the controller.

However, before considering that, I would like to ask if you are able to test if the controllers work after trying to:

A. Connect the controller to a different device, like a PC or a mobile phone via Bluetooth (if the controller has it) or USB.

B. Connect the controller to a different Xbox.

C. If you have a friend or relative with an Xbox, attempt to connect one of their controllers to your console.

I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Arturo.
  3. Rhia Eaton Win User

Hi thank you for the advice. I’ll try and use a friends controller if they have one available and try to use my controller on their xbox.
  4. bowski477 Win User

what should i do about the controller?

5. Kumawolf5401 Win User

i have tried it on my ps4 and my phone so it works on them but the elite series 2 , and yes i put the audio through the headset so i dont know wat to do next
  6. PsYcHoUKNas666 Win User

Cna you please check the Link and see if that helps you out on setting it up. Please let us know if it does. Thank you
Thema:

1. What should I do about my controller that won’t connect? - Similar Threads - should controller won’t

2. My Xbox elite series 2 controllers expansion Port is not working what should I do

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox elite series 2 controllers expansion Port is not working what should I do: I sent the controller in through the warranty I guess it was not too included in the warranty because when I got it back the expansion port still was not fixed 77df2058-537a-431f-9112-7f60d6c2e9f0
  3. My Xbox Elite controller can't be used when playing games on PC, What should i do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Elite controller can't be used when playing games on PC, What should i do?: Hi! I have a problem with my xbox elite controller series 2. initially I connected my controller via bluetooth on windows 10, then I bought an xbox dongle adapter to reduce latency, but it ended...
  4. Can i leave the elite 2 controller plugged in the console in 24/7 or i should disconnect it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i leave the elite 2 controller plugged in the console in 24/7 or i should disconnect it...: I noticed my xbox will charge the controller even when the console is off, it's on fully shutdown mode, and im scared the battery will explode, i know it's have an overcharge protection but the...
  5. My Xbox 360 will not power my controller what should I do

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 will not power my controller what should I do: My Xbox 360 will not power my controller what should I do 1d66ad3b-84c4-4e95-8c6a-c2a1021f5941
  6. Elite Series 2 controller issue on purchase. Should I return the product?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 controller issue on purchase. Should I return the product?: The Elite Series 2 controller allegedly doesn’t come with paddles. But the box says it includes paddles. Is it just faulty product that needs to be returned? Or false advertising that needs to be...
  7. Elite 2 controller disconnects if you move your hands. What paddled controller should I get?

in XboX Insiders
    Elite 2 controller disconnects if you move your hands. What paddled controller should I get?: Bought an Elite 2 controller today because I gave my Elite to my friend a few years back. I didn’t need it anymore. The Elite 2 controller disconnects immediately in an intense situation where the...
  8. My Xbox One controller keeps disconnecting even with a USB cable. What should I do??

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One controller keeps disconnecting even with a USB cable. What should I do??: I just recently started having this problem where every few seconds my controller keeps disconnecting. This happens to all of my controllers. I tried everything from moving my Bluetooth devices...
  9. At least on PC, Elite Series 2 Controller's paddles should be extra buttons.

in XboX Insiders
    At least on PC, Elite Series 2 Controller's paddles should be extra buttons.: Controllers started as 1 stick and 1 button. Then the Nintendo upped that to a "Stick" and 4 Buttons. Then Nintendo added 4 more buttons (8 total), Sega added 2 on top of that (10 total). Then...
  10. Newish Xbox controller won't work properly when I try to walk forward in games. What should...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Newish Xbox controller won't work properly when I try to walk forward in games. What should...: It's starts and stops when I try to run forward in games. I've tried looking it up but to no avail. Please help? e205370e-eac4-48ce-b0be-98046d8c206b