What products will be banned with the 3rd party ban

Discus and support What products will be banned with the 3rd party ban in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have been using a Redragon keyboard and am not sure which one, but I've heard about the third party ban on controllers and other non approved... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Chikenboy88, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Chikenboy88
    Chikenboy88 Guest

I have been using a Redragon keyboard and am not sure which one, but I've heard about the third party ban on controllers and other non approved products, and was wondering if all Redragon products were going to be allowed as I saw someone ask about a specific one. Along with my keyboard I was also wondering what mice will be banned, I have a glorious model o and was wondering if those will be allowed as well.

:)

Chikenboy88, Dec 6, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

there is no third party band that has not been in place since the first day of Xbox 20 years ago. The only thing that happened is that people who were not buying licenses to produce controllers for Xbox were exploiting a loophole/bug that has been closed

only controllers are affected
  3. Gerardo CG Win User

Hi there Chikenboy88, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

Don't worry, keyboards and mice are not included in the Xbox hardware partner program, which means these accessories can still be used without any issues, even if they are not official Xbox accessories or specifically designed for Xbox. As long as they are wired keyboards or mice, they will work with the console.

Mainly, accessories that cannot be used on consoles are controllers, steering wheels, among others, that are not official or designed for Xbox. However, as mentioned before, mice and keyboards do not fall under this restriction.

You can find more information on this topic at the following link:

https://support.xbox.com/help/family-online-safety/enforcement/unauthorized-controller

I hope this helps, and if you have more questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,
    Gerardo.
  4. CoreyOreoz Win User

Will any external storage drives be banned when this happens, and how can I tell if my controller will be affected if I don't have the box for it anymore?
  5. COREY HOPKINS1 Win User

Also, will any Wireless keyboards be affected?
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

unlicensed their party controllers have always been banned. All that happened was an exploit was closed
Thema:

1. What products will be banned with the 3rd party ban - Similar Threads - products banned 3rd

2. Help using the product I already paid for the way I want to use it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help using the product I already paid for the way I want to use it: I bought minecraft many years ago before microsoft, regretfully, bought it. I still play minecraft and recently wanted to play a feed the beast mod. I installed the ftb app and tried connecting my...
  3. Redeemed the wrong Minecraft product

in XBoX on Windows
    Redeemed the wrong Minecraft product: I accidently redeemed minecraft gift card to trails and tales instead of coinminer. I can see the order completed in my microsoft account. How can I see the balance in trails and tales. And is...
  4. Why cant I redeem my Xbox product key?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant I redeem my Xbox product key?: When i try to redeem it, it just says "Check the instructions that came with your code. You might need to redeem it on a different web page or device, or you may be ineligible to redeem this...
  5. Are pdp controllers officially licensed products?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are pdp controllers officially licensed products?: Are pdp controllers officially licensed products? 8c5edc32-ea34-47c3-9d5d-8d0d4514a68d
  6. I want to rate a game that I played but it says “you must own this product before rating.”.

in XboX Insiders
    I want to rate a game that I played but it says “you must own this product before rating.”.: thats because theepicgamer464 bought it, and they are accounts on the same console but I want to rate, Xbox please add you can rate that you played. pls! Plz! Plsz! Plzs! submitted by...
  7. Where's the Link to Microsoft's Equivalent of Apple's Product Feedback Webform Wherein You...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where's the Link to Microsoft's Equivalent of Apple's Product Feedback Webform Wherein You...: Hi Microsoft friends, it seems the official Microsoft sub-reddits aren't the venues to post a "design" (it's not a design perse but a suggestion on what to add to the next Xbox controller to make...
  8. Is it possible to return a product?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible to return a product?: Is it possible to return a product? (I have no interest in getting exchage or refunds). This is because I don't want to see that product in my Order history or in my Games Library anymore, I just...
  9. How can I get rid of every xbox product I own?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I get rid of every xbox product I own?: I hate your company so much. Xbox is aweful. It’s freezes, lags and my seafarer external hard drive( which says on their site that it can hold x/S games makes me download them right to my internal...
  10. Why are XIM and Cronus still allowed on XBOX yet legit 3rd part products are now banned?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are XIM and Cronus still allowed on XBOX yet legit 3rd part products are now banned?: Ive been on XBOX since the original, a live/gamepass member for almost 19 yrs! And this is the 1st time ive really considered dropping the platform all together. Now is literally the worst time to...