What New Xbox One Features Would You Like To See In The Future?

Discus and support What New Xbox One Features Would You Like To See In The Future? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Make the dashboard faster. Also, if I'm sitting in a lobby and I check someone's gamercard make it so you can see their bio and where they're from and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PantherFan4Life, Apr 25, 2014.

  1. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest

    What New Xbox One Features Would You Like To See In The Future?


    Make the dashboard faster. Also, if I'm sitting in a lobby and I check someone's gamercard make it so you can see their bio and where they're from and stuff like that. Let me give good feedback about a person etc.
     
    brandiesel1, Apr 26, 2014
    #16
  2. A faster home screen (as it's no longer called the dashboard) should be a given, brandiesel. As for the bio and such, I agree. However, I'm not sure about the positive feedback. As nice as it would be to have, I worry that it could hinder the reporting/reputation
    system by being abused by people who are actually douchebags.
     
    Galactic Geek, Apr 27, 2014
    #17
  3. Screenshots all the way for me. Or at least allow the ability to take a screenshot from the Xbox Record That feature / Game DVR. You can cycle and trim on the editor so why not add that ability when looking at a still image as you cut your videos. That I
    would love.
     
    Mark Sherwood, Apr 27, 2014
    #18
  4. iPletch
    iPletch Guest

    What New Xbox One Features Would You Like To See In The Future?

    A feature I thought would be nice, though not necessary, would be the ability to create a type of TV playlist. The Xbox already has the ability to send a signal to our cable box and change the channel so why not let us create a queue of channels to go to
    next when a show ends. For example, when Movie A ends on channel 01 at 5:00 the Xbox automatically goes to channel 02 where Movie B is just starting.
     
    iPletch, Apr 27, 2014
    #19
  5. SigmaTheDJ
    SigmaTheDJ Guest
    I would like the console to be an awesome media centre. Having a Blu-Ray player is great, the TV stuff looks good, and I really like the OneGuide functionality in the new SmartGlass beta, but outside of that, it is lacking.

    I'd like the tiles on the dashboard to be live, like on Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone. For instance, if you pin games and apps, the tiles could change to show if any friends are currently playing a game.

    I'd like the quality of the Game DVR clips to be improved and I'd like to see a "take screenshot" feature. I think the quality of the clips actually reflects badly on the Xbox One, as some people must look at them and think "is that what the graphics are
    like?" - it's not even close.

    I want the ability to browse the Xbox One Marketplace on my PC and phone, so if I buy a game, it will automatically download to my Xbox One as long as it's in instant on mode, otherwise it will download next time I turn it on.

    It would also be good if apps could hook into the upload system, kinda like they do on an Android phone. For instance, if I browse my photos on my phone and I click the share button, I get a long list of services I can share the photo too, because apps can
    add themselves to that list. That would be useful for uploading recorded game clips to services other than Facebook and OneDrive and it would make it easy for app developers to add that functionality as it would be done via an API created by MS.

    I think the store needs improving too. It kinda reminds me of the Windows Store when that first launched on Windows 8 (which was massively improved in an update later on). For instance, if you look at all the newest games, you just get a bunch of rectangles
    with an image and the game name - there's no genre, rating, brief description, no icons to denote if it's single player online, multiplayer etc.
     
    SigmaTheDJ, Apr 27, 2014
    #20
  6. Reidzer N7
    Reidzer N7 Guest
    The ability to snap and share a screenshot would be excellent.

    Also I would love to be able to save disc games to the HDD completely so the Xbox no longer needed the disc to run the game.
     
    Reidzer N7, Apr 27, 2014
    #21
  7. E3 should indeed be good!

    Reidzer, I don't think that will ever happen but at least the option to take the disc out for a few hours so that other people in the house can play too and then just swap out the disc when the timer runs down. Some great suggestions in here so far!
     
    Mark Sherwood, Oct 31, 2018
    #22
  8. Reidzer N7 Win User

    What New Xbox One Features Would You Like To See In The Future?

    The ability to snap and share a screenshot would be excellent.

    Also I would love to be able to save disc games to the HDD completely so the Xbox no longer needed the disc to run the game.
  9. brandiesel1 Win User

    What New Xbox One Features Would You Like To See In The Future?

    Make the dashboard faster. Also, if I'm sitting in a lobby and I check someone's gamercard make it so you can see their bio and where they're from and stuff like that. Let me give good feedback about a person etc.
  10. Dwoop33 Win User

    What New Xbox One Features Would You Like To See In The Future?

    X-Ray vision with the Kinect...no seriousness, I'm surprised they haven't made games able to use the kinect for taking a pic when you beat someone or pull off a certain play or event to give your friends grief. they did this with the vision camera on the
    world tour poker back in 2007 and it was great laugh. They need to be more creative with this device that was forced in the box to make it more of a "must have" peripheral.
  11. Hellfire IRL Win User

    What New Xbox One Features Would You Like To See In The Future?

    #1. Yup agreed

    #2. CD's are dead, I know we all have collections but that's 'progress' for you. There's the problem with iTunes, and why I'm against ALL apple products, you can't actually share the music you've purchased unless within Apples closed system... so your songs
    are practially worthless on all other platforms. That said, I agree we should have be allowed to store and play our digital music from our HDD.

    #3. Agreed, we need a Kinect Command and a button to do this.

    #4. It's already here, if your Xbox is on 'Instant On' mode, all the game and app updates are downloaded automatically (and appear in Queue in My Games and Apps), to be installed when you boot the game / app.

    #5. Friends area already does this, you can also set notifications (would help to have it as a snap feature though)

    #6. Agreed 100%

    #7. Not really, I mean youtube is internet video, Copy/Paste the link to any of the social media sites it comes up instantly, would be a big waste of development time IMO.

    #8. Agreed, as it's a new system they all need to start from fresh so i'm sure this will improve vastly over time.

    #9. YES YES YES, also would love the ability to use Kinect to enter words into fields (searches, logins etc...)

    For me I want AAA type games that use Kinect and cloud processing, and I'm also excited about Xbox entertainment exclusives
  12. PantherFan4Life Win User

    What New Xbox One Features Would You Like To See In The Future?

    Thank You For Your Post ;).

    If there is anything you would like to see post about it.
Thema:

What New Xbox One Features Would You Like To See In The Future?

Loading...
  1. What New Xbox One Features Would You Like To See In The Future? - Similar Threads - Features Future

  2. Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?

    in XboX Insiders
    Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?: I play a lot of cross platform games and something really funny happened so I recorded it and I just heard myself….. I was so sad that the other half of the audio was gone. I was play Arma...
  3. Available for XBOX Insiders: Mythic Achievements, One of our Most Player-Requested Features

    in XboX Insiders
    Available for XBOX Insiders: Mythic Achievements, One of our Most Player-Requested Features: [IMG] submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  4. xbox insider rings issues with features missing

    in XboX Insiders
    xbox insider rings issues with features missing: so this is my 2nd console update. i'm still in the omega ring despite now reaching level 2. i had to do the first update on my xbox one only to realise i didn't get a single feature. updating the...
  5. New feature for the "One hour gameplay by watching ads" feature.

    in XboX Insiders
    New feature for the "One hour gameplay by watching ads" feature.: I recently tested the new one-hour streaming feature unlocked by watching a single advertisement in xbox cloud gaming as an insider hub member, and I found the service and controls to be...
  6. Pls help me with the disc to digital features for 2k27

    in XboX Insiders
    Pls help me with the disc to digital features for 2k27: I bought 2k27 on disc and I’m trying to get myself the licensing for the game on my account but it won’t let me pls help me I have Xbox insiders for about 3 days now Any suggestions will help...
  7. Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?: I have singed up for insider and did all surveys and stuff and it’s already been days? screenshot 1 screenshot 2 submitted by /u/Cloudsquido [link] [comments]
  8. How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...

    in XboX Insiders
    How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...: My previous post voicing an opinion about limiting Xbox cloud gaming hours and asking what the future of the free ad-supported tier could be (a feature that Xbox insiders have been testing) was...
  9. Can I leave Xbox Insider after using the disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Can I leave Xbox Insider after using the disc-to-digital feature?: I’m thinking about joining the Xbox Insider Program mainly to try out the new disc-to-digital feature once it becomes available. My question is, after I use the feature, can I leave the Insider...
  10. New XBOX Disc To Digital Feature

    in XboX Insiders
    New XBOX Disc To Digital Feature: Hey all, Im apart of xbox insiders and im currently enrolled to Omega and Delta and the new feature is not showing up for me yet. It says my XBOX updated last night, but I do not have the disc...