What kind of hardware issue am I having when the monitor turns off and fans start spinning...

Discus and support What kind of hardware issue am I having when the monitor turns off and fans start spinning... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Been having this issue lately whenever I play some games like disney speedstorm, my pc is still on and fans start spinning faster but I still hear... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ur García, Jan 7, 2024.

1. Ur García
    Ur García Guest

What kind of hardware issue am I having when the monitor turns off and fans start spinning...

Been having this issue lately whenever I play some games like disney speedstorm, my pc is still on and fans start spinning faster but I still hear sound coming from the PC. Been searching and there could be some GPU or PSU issues for what I have seen, temperatures are stable when this happens as well.

System Im using:

OS Microsoft windows 11 home

Model: B550 AORUS PRO AC x64

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x 6 core processor

Ram: 16 gb

GPU: RTX 3080

PSU: corsair RM850x

This is the error description I am getting

A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Code: 141

Parameter 1: ffffe389d230e460

Parameter 2: fffff80142f863a0

Parameter 3: 0

Parameter 4: 0

OS version: 10_0_22621

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 768_1

OS Version: 10.0.22621.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

:)

Ur García, Jan 7, 2024
  2. Jhonkito Win User

What kind of hardware issue am I having when the monitor turns off and fans start spinning faster?

Hi Ur, my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

It could be a problem with the processor, motherboard or Ram. I don't think it's from the graphics.
    As such blue screen errors and kernel errors are faults in the devices or their drivers.
    If your computer supports Windows 10, reinstalling or updating drivers should be enough. If it does not work, it may be a physical failure such as wear.

I share my guide to blue screen errors.

A blue screen can occur for many reasons, involving either damage or errors in the system or damage and errors in the physical components of the computer.

There is a complete guide from Microsoft, but to simplify it: If updating the system, updating drivers or resetting the computer does not work, it is most likely that there is some damage to the physical components such as Ram, hard drive, motherboard and so on.

So I will tell you the options that you can execute to solve possible errors that may exist on the part of the system. If this does not solve it, I recommend that you apply for a warranty if you still have it, or take the computer to a trusted technician.
    -------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

1-
    Update Windows
    https://support.microsoft.com/windows/actualizar-windows-10-3c5ae7fc-9fb6-9af1-1984-b5e0412c556a

2-
    Update drivers:
    To update drivers you have two options. Both are quite simple (I recommend the first one)

2.1: The first option is to search the computer manufacturer's support page for drivers. If it is a Laptop it is very easy, you just use the brand and model of the computer to find the download page on the manufacturer's support page. If it is a desktop computer, you should look for the motherboard information in the "System Information" window (Look for it in the start menu, you will find it easily)

2.2: The second option is to use the "Device Management" window to update the drivers, and it is very simple and practical, however, many times it does not have the most updated drivers, or it installs generic drivers and not the original ones designed for the computer. I leave you the Microsoft guide to use this method.
    https://support.microsoft.com/windo...ndows-10-ec62f46c-ff14-c91d-eead-d7126dc1f7b6

3-
    The other error checking options can be found at this link. It is Microsoft's complete guide to fix these errors.
    https://support.microsoft.com/sbs/w...lla-azul-5c62726c-6489-52da-a372-3f73142c14ad

Remember that if all these processes do not work, it is because the error must belong to and be the cause of physical damage, for which I recommend that the computer and its parts be verified by an expert.

Note: Some of the information, which were gained from this answer, were received in a thread on the Microsoft forum by , and it seemed a good idea, to share this information with you. Source of information (credits to advisor Jeisson Escamilla):

https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/880b30f3-a588-48d7-afbf-f016fee53347

I hope the information I gave you has been useful, have a happy day.
  3. IceStorm III Win User

Monitor Flickering

[quote user="PegasusStrike"]I've since purchased an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) and my monitor stopped having the "flickering" issues when I turned my light or fan off when it's connected to my computer. When I use my Xbox, I plug it into my UPS,
    but the monitor still goes dark for 2-3 seconds when I turn my light off or my fan off.[/quote]Is your monitor plugged into a battery-backed UPS outlet or a surge suppressed UPS outlet? Is your UPS showing voltage fluctuations when you turn on/off the light
    and fan?

If the monitor is not on a battery-backed UPS outlet, try that first. You should also install whatever monitoring software your UPS came with and see what it's showing when you turn on/off the light and fan.
  4. OUgroundGAME Win User

Can Kinect 2 be turned off?

My fan is plugged in, but when I switch it to off it stops spinning & blowing cool air. I turn my tablet off often.
  5. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Toshiba External Hard Drive spinning up every 60 seconds

I am also having this issue, but with a Seagate Backup Plus Hub 8TB.

If I use instant on mode, when the console is off the hard drive turns on, spins up, turns off, spins down and this cycle repeats every 30 seconds or so endlessly. None of the settings related to external hard drives, such as the option to turn off external
    storage when the console is turned off, make any difference.

If I use energy saving mode, when the console is turned off the light on my external goes off, but the drive doesn't actually spin down. It continues to spin indefinitely until I pull the USB cable out of the console, then it will spin down.

Before the latest update, if I used instant on mode the hard drive would only spin up periodically when the console was checking for updates, or if it was downloading something. At all other times it would be off and spun down. If I used energy saving mode,
    when I turned the console off, the hard drive would fully turn off and spin down and stay that way until the next time I turned the console on. I believe that these are the expected behaviours.

I have tried factory resets, using a different USB port on the console, using a different USB cable, and fully formatting the external and starting over. Nothing works.

The external works fine when connected to my PC. Also, I downloaded Seagate's SeaTools application and ran the tests that it offers on my external and it passed them all, so it appears to be in good shape. Given that I only started having issues after the
    dashboard update and that it works fine on my Windows 10 PC, it makes me believe that something related to the update has triggered this issue.
  6. toncehasimllari Win User

Xbox series x fan not spinning while in instant on mode

I cant do it right now but what I did when I found out this morming , I turned It on and Its working. My problem its not that it doesnt work the fan, It Is that while in stand by, obviously if i get closer my ear (20cm from the console) I can hear the console working and if I let It in this state for all night, in the morning I find It warm but the fan not spinning to cool down.

Before almost has Always spinned the fan or the console was cold.

Yesterday a noted that even the logo at cold start doesnt appear.

Can they Be caused by the latest update or they are hardware problem?
Thema:

1. What kind of hardware issue am I having when the monitor turns off and fans start spinning... - Similar Threads - kind hardware issue

2. I bought Xbox series X in Sweden. What kind of adaptor I would need for it to work in the US?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought Xbox series X in Sweden. What kind of adaptor I would need for it to work in the US?: I am moving from Sweden to the US. I want to understand what kind of adaptor is needed for my appliances to work in the US. 3fa1c45a-2806-4ad4-9279-b6a95f0cc042
  3. Is there any way that we can get a refund off of this thing or no cuz I'm kind of sick of...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any way that we can get a refund off of this thing or no cuz I'm kind of sick of...: If there's a refund for this please tell us now because I would like this to stop popping up on my bank account please Microsoft do something about it or else we'll call the cops I'm about sick of...
  4. What kind of wifi extender do I need for my Xbox 360

in XBoX on Windows
    What kind of wifi extender do I need for my Xbox 360: What kind of wifi extender do I need for my Xbox 360? d5f635a5-91cc-4e73-878b-389df4175534
  5. Does anyone knows what kind of error is this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone knows what kind of error is this?: "Failed to start cloud gaming session You don't currently own . In order to play this game, you will need to purchase the game or a subscription that includes it. Go back cV:...
  6. Why would an Xbox app on a PC have a player in the taskbar window as if it were some kind...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why would an Xbox app on a PC have a player in the taskbar window as if it were some kind...: Why would an Xbox app on a PC have a player in the taskbar window as if it were some kind of music app? 59322c3f-60f9-438a-bec7-6fb10174053e
  7. I need some kind of help with my enforcement ban.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need some kind of help with my enforcement ban.: I got killed and tea bagged by my teammate. Then my deathbox/body was shot a bunch. So yes I did get really frustrated and sent two bad messages trash prolly shouldn't have but I mean nothing will...
  8. Wold you kindly remove the call of duty when starting up my xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wold you kindly remove the call of duty when starting up my xbox: Please remove the Call of Duty when turning on my Xbox. dd1e52fb-c6f7-4aa0-b765-089e7634c8ce
  9. Did game pass solve this kind of problems ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Did game pass solve this kind of problems ?: My question is if I had already a disk game and it's been installed in my console but the disk is gone..... if I get a game pass shall the game works. 7f900d1d-2f45-46e6-abd0-c024584dedbf
  10. Why is X Box allowing this kind of abuse from children?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is X Box allowing this kind of abuse from children?: Hello I am now a android developer and have come a long way. Yes I have been a victim to fraud and abuse for years tracking it down to X Box. I have been tracking this problem threw my windows 10...