What is up with achievements not unlocking and Microsoft doing nothing about it?

Discus and support What is up with achievements not unlocking and Microsoft doing nothing about it? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've just finished resident evil 7 on madhouse difficulty, collecting all the antique coins along the way for the achievement which did not unlock.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by stalksurmom95, Aug 5, 2023.

1. What is up with achievements not unlocking and Microsoft doing nothing about it?

I've just finished resident evil 7 on madhouse difficulty, collecting all the antique coins along the way for the achievement which did not unlock. This is very frustrating for reasons I don't think I need to explain but it's not just this game. Not too long ago I've had the same issue with assassins creed syndicate which has 3 achievements that won't unlock for me and also saints row (2022) has 1 so far. I looked all over the internet for answers or fixes and literally the only thing I find is "make sure you have an internet connection and wait about 72 hours or repeat the requirements to unlock the achievement." If I didn't have internet I wouldn't be going for achievements and its been weeks for saints row and assassins creed. So now I have to start saints row over and unlock all the perks again? I'd rather microsoft actually DO SOMETHING about this issue that they've had years to fix but would rather make more consoles instead. If anyone at all could actually do something to help that would be great. If what you offer is the equivalent to turning it off then back on, get lost.

:)

stalksurmom95, Aug 5, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

What is up with achievements not unlocking and Microsoft doing nothing about it?

Hello stalksurmom95,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I can see that you are having issues with you achievements, here are troubleshooting that we can perform to try and fix the issue.

Make sure that you are not completing the 100 days or 500 hours challenge.

Please see: Problems with Xbox achievements and challenges | Xbox Support

If issue still persists after the troubleshooting, since 72 hours has passed, kindly report this issue to Xbox Team by following the guide below.

1. Press and hold the Xbox button, and then select Report a problem to launch the Report a Problem app.
    2. Select Report new problem.
    3. If you’re experiencing an audio or video issue, you can provide additional info and diagnostics to your problem report by selecting Reproduce with advanced diagnostics. Otherwise select Continue with standard diagnostics.

Note If you select Reproduce with advanced diagnostics, continue with the instructions that are found in the section, “Report a problem with media tracing.”
    4. Choose the most appropriate category and subcategory from each dropdown. If you’re not sure what to choose, make your best guess.
    5. If you have a screenshot or game clip with your issue, ensure that Include screenshot or Include game clip is selected.
    6. You may be prompted to complete your report another way:
      • If you select Use another device, you can use your mobile device to scan the provided QR code and continue from your device. This is helpful if your problem report has a lot of details that typing with the virtual keyboard on console may prove difficult.
      • If you select Continue on console, you can continue through the steps in this section to submit your issue from your Xbox console. You can use a USB keyboard, the Xbox Chatpad, or the Xbox app on your mobile or Windows device to submit the details of your report.

Note If you’re using a virtual assistant such as Cortana or Alexa, bring up the keyboard for each text field, and then press the View button to use voice-to-text.
    7. Enter a short title for your issue.
    8. Enter a description of your issue. Consider the following questions when deciding what details to include:
      • What is the problem or unexpected behavior?
      • What steps did you take to encounter the problem?
      • What additional software, hardware, or accessories were you using when you encountered the problem?
      • Were there any specific error codes or messages you saw when you encountered the problem or behavior? If so, what did it say?
    9. Select Submit. It can take several seconds for your problem report to send.

Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  4. ElvishCypress Win User

Achievement not unlocking when I have completed it.

Achievements unlocking in game is up to the developer specifically. There is nothing that xbox, xbox support, or this forums can do to correct the issue. I would continue to speak with Activision in regards to the achievement not unlocking.
  5. Dessie Of Hull Win User

Halo 4 achievements glitched

I did what i needed to to earn the 'David and Goliath' achievement and nothing popped up. It seems that the game thinks they're unlocked but it hasn't unlocked them properly.
  6. SiegfriedX Win User

All my achievement progress reset

No, it's not the first time. It was OK until about 5 hours ago, then something *** up the achievements servers or wathever microsoft uses to unlock achievements.
Thema:

1. What is up with achievements not unlocking and Microsoft doing nothing about it? - Similar Threads - achievements unlocking Microsoft

2. Xbox SX not getting pop up notification when unlocking achievements

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox SX not getting pop up notification when unlocking achievements: Not sure if it’s a bug or not. The achievement unlocks but doesn’t give a pop up notification. submitted by /u/Timmy2Tap14 [link] [comments]
  3. Fallout 4 “unmissable” achievement not unlocking.

in XBoX on Windows
    Fallout 4 “unmissable” achievement not unlocking.: The “Hunter/Hunted” achievement in Fallout 4 did not unlock despite me completing the quest. You can see that I’ve got passed that and completed the next mission just fine with that one’s...
  4. Achievement wont unlock

in XBoX on Windows
    Achievement wont unlock: Hey I am playing Suicide squad and the achievement "Shock Treatment" will not unlock. I have tried restarting the console, hard reset holding the button for 10 seconds etc and tried uninstalling...
  5. Xbox PC App - Achievement is unlocked but gamerscore and achievement count wont update?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox PC App - Achievement is unlocked but gamerscore and achievement count wont update?: Is there anyone else experiencing this bug where the Xbox app displays an achievement as unlocked, but the gamerscore and the achievement count won't update? I was playing Maquette from Xbox Game...
  6. Achievement unlocking but not unlocking?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Achievement unlocking but not unlocking?: I have a strange one. I decided to go back and get all the achievements for Call of Duty: Black Ops (2010) I am going through the campaign to get the last of the achievements I have noticed that...
  7. ODST Achievements on MCC not unlocking

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ODST Achievements on MCC not unlocking: Hi I have completed the ODST campaign on heroic with friends start to finish and the first and final missions will not show as completed no matter how many times we watch through the epilogue etc....
  8. Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PC) final achievement (KIWAMI 2) not unlocking

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PC) final achievement (KIWAMI 2) not unlocking: Playing the game on Windows 10 PC using a Game Pass subscription and an Xbox app. Got every achievement in the game except the one that says "Obtain all other achievements" which should unlock...
  9. Xbox App / Gamebar doesn't send notifications when unlocking an achievement.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App / Gamebar doesn't send notifications when unlocking an achievement.: I tried ALL kinds of troubleshooting. Local accounts, install/uninstall, changing around notification settings NOTHING worked. When my friend types I get a notification but never from an...
  10. Can Microsoft support unlock achievements in games if they stop giving credit?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can Microsoft support unlock achievements in games if they stop giving credit?: I've just gone around and around with ubisoft support about achievements being stuck partially completed from assassins creed syndicate and its DLC Jack the ripper. We got to the end of everything...