What is the warranty on a controller that came with a console??

Discus and support What is the warranty on a controller that came with a console?? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am the proud owner of the new Gears of War 4 Limited Edition Xbox One, I preordered it and received on release which was the 6th of October. My... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SlickNickM94, Nov 29, 2016.

1. SlickNickM94
    SlickNickM94 Guest

I am the proud owner of the new Gears of War 4 Limited Edition Xbox One, I preordered it and received on release which was the 6th of October. My problem is that the $75 controller that came with the console is experiencing some issues. It sticks to the
    right a little bit and in game sense in makes the character move which gets annoying. No I have only had the systems for 40+ days, a very short time and in that time nothing has occurred that woulda damaged the the controller. So my question is can there be
    some kind of way for me to get this replaced??? Thanks!!

:)

SlickNickM94, Nov 29, 2016
  2. Dirty Loco
    Dirty Loco Guest
    Xbox controller malfunction

[quote user="LEXIEandMATT"] i've contacted microsoft with no response.[/quote]No response at all, or not a satisfactory response?

If the controller is one that came with the console, it will covered under the console warranty for a year. If you have bought the controller separately, it will come with a 90 day warranty. Ring them back.

Dirty Loco, Nov 29, 2016
  3. Two controller problems...

The controller that came with the Xbox I've had for 2 years, and the newest one is a year old.

So yeah. A 90 day warranty won't work for that.

xKotov Syndrome, Nov 29, 2016
  4. Icelighter Win User

Microphone doesn’t work on Xbox One S

Thanks for the response.

For argument sake, let’s say another controller works. Since the controller I have came with my console and the console is around six months old, would the controller be covered under the warranty? If so, I assume I can acquire a replacement under warranty
    in a similar manner to requesting a console warranty repair.
  5. alcoapple Win User

Customer Support - How do you speak to a real person??

UK customers get a longer warranty
    Not for a controller. Typically it's still 90 days in the UK.

Unless the controller came bundled with the console originally, in which case it would also be subject to the 12 month warranty you get by default with all new consoles.
  6. Dirty Loco Win User

Xbox controller malfunction

[quote user="LEXIEandMATT"] i've contacted microsoft with no response.[/quote]No response at all, or not a satisfactory response?

If the controller is one that came with the console, it will covered under the console warranty for a year. If you have bought the controller separately, it will come with a 90 day warranty. Ring them back.
  7. MoisesReyes3 Win User

Controller

Yeah the controller came with the Console, so it has to have the same warranty time as the console does since the console’s warranty doesn’t expire till 22 of this December.

I have tried those methods, the controller is up to date and the USB way doesn’t work at all, I’m still confident that the Aux 3.5mm port is loose from the inside of the controller.
  8. Boaz_ Win User

Microsoft Store(buying an elite controller)

Hey JtK,

The Elite controller is definitely a very nice step up from the controller that comes with the console. You get a lot of opportunities for customization, and it feels great. If I understand your question correctly, you're wondering if the warranty on your
    console will carry over to the Elite controller? Is it a warranty through Xbox or a third party such as Best Buy? The warranty on your Xbox will cover the Xbox and controller that came with it, but not the separately purchased Elite controller. If the warranty
    is through a third party, it would be best to check with them. Hope this helps!

Boaz
Thema:

1. What is the warranty on a controller that came with a console?? - Similar Threads - warranty controller came

2. Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...: I would like to purchase an extended warranty for my Xbox Series X Elite 2 Design Lab crafted controller. As I saw on Reddit and some other sources that you could purchase an extended warranty for...
  3. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty: Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses...
  4. Replacement Controller - Warranty Expired on Delivery

in XBoX on Consoles
    Replacement Controller - Warranty Expired on Delivery: I had a Xbox Series Elite 2 Wireless which had lapsed warranty expiration, which had some button response issues. I raised a request for replacement through my account, and paid the $130+ dollars...
  5. Xbox controller purchased in EU shows only 1 year of warranty instead of 2.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller purchased in EU shows only 1 year of warranty instead of 2.: I have purchased Xbox controller through https://xboxdesignlab.xbox.com site in EU. After registering the device, it shows only 1 year of warranty instead of 2. How to update the warranty...
  6. I have sent my controller back for a repair/exchange under warranty but had no update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have sent my controller back for a repair/exchange under warranty but had no update?: I sent my controller via UPS with the label I was provided under warranty from microsoft, I have checked the progress of the controller and on UPS it says it was delivered on the 5th, but I have...
  7. Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...: So last August (08 2023) I signed up for a Gamepass Ultimate Subscription (2 years) under the All Access subscription to get a Series X console. Anyways everything has been great until this past...
  8. What happens to the RMA/warranty process when a new controller comes out?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What happens to the RMA/warranty process when a new controller comes out?: I currently own an Xbox Wireless controller (model 1914 (Series)), and it's having drift on its right thumbstick. I was wondering if it would be wise to hold off on a warranty replacement until...
  9. I've sent my Elite 2 off to warranty twice, now my controller is even worse!

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've sent my Elite 2 off to warranty twice, now my controller is even worse!: Hi, I sent my Elite 2 (fairly new, I didn't think to check warranty initially) off for a warranty fix. I was getting double input on the A and Y button, every now and then LB would double input....
  10. I have returned a controller for warranty work, it is no longer showing on my items list as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have returned a controller for warranty work, it is no longer showing on my items list as...: I have gone through the bot and the website, called multiple numbers and still can’t get anywhere closer. This was a Christmas gift for my daughter and hasn’t worked out of the box. I returned it...