what is the number on a gamertag? my number changed and I can't access my former number...

Discus and support what is the number on a gamertag? my number changed and I can't access my former number... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; What is the number on a gamertag? my number changed and I can't access my former number with all my old games and history. My login shows my old number... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by JohnMRoper, Jan 10, 2023.

1. JohnMRoper
    JohnMRoper Guest

what is the number on a gamertag? my number changed and I can't access my former number...

What is the number on a gamertag? my number changed and I can't access my former number with all my old games and history. My login shows my old number but as I access the game it changes the number to the new (empty) one.

:)

JohnMRoper, Jan 10, 2023
  2. Natacha Keely Win User

Xbox gametag without suffix

Hello, yeah but you didn't understand my "question". My gamertag is available. I shouldn't have those numbers and I know it because I have the original gamertag that i liberated by changing it in the first place. I can give the support the e-mails of both
    the accounts that had this specific gamertag before I tried to change it to have it on the right e-mail account.

So now, even if I know MYGAMERTAG is available, I still have the dumb MYGAMERTAG1687 instead of the one without numbers, and if I want the one without numbers, I can't because it says I already have it, so to fix this I should use a OTHERGAMERTAG to change,
    then change again to MYGAMERTAG to have access to the one without numbers (because, as I said, I know it is available as I have liberated it in the other account)

So none of my changes were worth anything and if I want the one with no numbers I have to pay 2 time the change as it won't let met change for the same gamertag without the numbers
  3. Alertor Win User

i am in the beta and i have two problems

okay. I change my gamertag pretty often. is there a way to give you access to prior gamertags or even the serial number of the beta xbox?
  4. KindGryphon Win User

Gamertag change with # numbers

Hey guys,

I would like to change on my 2. Account my gamertag and everytime comes up a #--- number if i select it. If I try it on my main account there comes none of this numbers is this a bug, issue or something else?

thank you in advance
    This is normal. If its giving you #s at the end of the gamertag than this means someone else already has that same gamertag without the #s.

Its not a glitch or bug and working as designed. Its all explained here

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-profile/profile/gamertag-update-faq#:~:text=Suffixes%20are%204%20digits%20by,digit%20limit%2C%20and%20so%20on.
  5. wishfulthink Win User

Email Verification Not Working

Tried signing up for Music Pass. Not getting a verification code in my google email. My phone number changed so I can't get a text. Can't change my phone number without getting a verification code. What's going on?
  6. Nursemorph Win User

Change gamertag suffix

You can't change the numbers at the end of your gamertag...they are simply 4 random numbers the system assigns to identify that your gamertag is different than someone with the same gamertag. ie 2 people with as their gamertag would be 4192 and 5862 (I just randomly put numbers in like the system would)
Thema:

1. what is the number on a gamertag? my number changed and I can't access my former number... - Similar Threads - number gamertag number

2. Remove numbers in gamertag/minecraft username

in XBoX Accessibility
    Remove numbers in gamertag/minecraft username: I made my current account without realizing I already had one with the same username so this one got the numbers. I have changed the username of the first account to something different so it...
  3. Gamertag Numbers attached to name?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag Numbers attached to name?: I understand why numbers are added to names that are already being used. But why are they attached to my name like I typed them in when I did not? Games like Call of duty have this same thing but...
  4. How do I remove those 4 other numbers from my gamertag without paying?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remove those 4 other numbers from my gamertag without paying?: I wanted to change my user but I didn't read that there would be a random set of numbers so now my user is stuck as Gabo4663 6d0db505-4491-4566-9f66-94d3566d647b
  5. I get forced to have 4 numbers in gamertag, even though name isn’t taken

in XBoX Accessibility
    I get forced to have 4 numbers in gamertag, even though name isn’t taken: So I have two microsoft accounts. One setup for minecraft, one for almost all other games i play. The thing is, I have a new gamertag I use on other platforms, and so while I try to change my...
  6. Removing extra numbers on gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Removing extra numbers on gamertag: So I like my gamertag the way that it's supposed to be but I did a light change to it and now there's extra Numbers at the end and it just totally defaces my numbers that I added and blends in it...
  7. Gamertag added automaticaly the numbers 8735

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag added automaticaly the numbers 8735: I wanted to name myself flexie9400 a few minutes ago, but because the name was alredy taken, they added 4 extra letters without me knowing. im 12 years old and i want my old naeme bak StaniHunter...
  8. How do I add a suffix number to my gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I add a suffix number to my gamertag?: I can’t seem to view the my suffix numbers on the app or the web app so it is either that I can’t view or I don’t have any 24e4488f-1341-4d55-ae19-50746be6897b
  9. My gamertag is unique but I still got the numbers at the end

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gamertag is unique but I still got the numbers at the end: Hi my gamertag is in my old account so when I used the same gamertag on my new one I got the numbers at the end but then I changed my old account gamertag and deleted it but I still have the...
  10. after i changed my gamertag it contain some random number

in XBoX Accessibility
    after i changed my gamertag it contain some random number: hello so I changed my gamertag and when I changed it it add a 4 number to the end of the gamertag I choose but I don't like it in my games that I am playing I understand that you need to add those...