What is the maximum download speed from Xbox X?

Discus and support What is the maximum download speed from Xbox X? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, I have a 1.000 mbit/s internet connection. All my devices at home a downloading between 750 - 1.000 mbit/s except the Xbox X. Its just 380 -... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ox_eye, May 1, 2022.

1. ox_eye
    ox_eye Guest

Hi all,

I have a 1.000 mbit/s internet connection. All my devices at home a downloading between 750 - 1.000 mbit/s except the Xbox X. Its just 380 - 400 mbit/s if I download a game. I have tried to change the DNS, manuell IP adress and so on...but with no effect. Just hanging at 380 - 400 mbit/s.

So, what is the reason? Is there a limit at MS server? Or can I try something else in options?

:)

ox_eye, May 1, 2022
  2. Nursemorph Win User

Why are my download speeds only getting up to 50mbps on an Xbox series x on a wired connection?

Your download speeds are dictated by the speeds of the servers you are downloading from not by the theoretical maximum your line can support. If that was the maximum you managed with the One, then buying a Series X wouldn't automatically boost speeds.
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Maybe it can be a DNS or Port issue, maybe Xbox just can't use that much of a bandwidth.

Or maybe Xbox is using all that bandwidth but only its connection testing is not good enough. I already did speed tests showing a 100Mbs Internet speed but after 5 minutes I was downloading something using multiple connections at a 350Mbps speed, so sometimes speed testing is not so reliable.

But please test changing both DNS and ports and let me know what it brings :)
  4. ox_eye Win User

Hi Lucas,

I will give it a try and let you know.

But the online gaming is not the problem. For that there is enough bandwidth I know.

I am wondering why the download of a game is at 400Mbps and not 750 - 1000 Mbps like my other devices at home.
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, ox_eye. Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and Microsoft Xbox user. I'm glad I can try to help you out.

What DNS Servers did you use when you set them up manually? Try to use both Cloudflare and Google DNS. They are:

Cloudflare: 1.1.1.1 / 1.0.0.1
    Google: 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4

After changing DNS, do a Power Cycle on your console:
    - Press and hold the Power button on your console for 10 seconds until it completely turns off.
    - Remove all cables/cords from your console and wait 5 minutes.
    - After 5 minutes, plug all cables in again and turn your Xbox on.

After that, try to change Alternate Port Selection (inside Network Settings > Advanced Settings) to Manual and see which port performs better.

If it still doesn't improve your connection, please let me know. But 400Mbps, depending on your upload speed too, is a very good number to play games and probably should not give you any lag at all.
  6. Nursemorph Win User

xbox app giving slow speed after 16gb of download.

I was testing earlier as someone else was having slow speeds... the XBox App, for me, gives me downloads speeds around 10% of my maximum line speed, as opposed to the STore which runs at 80-90%.

Try downloading the game/s from the Store direct and see what speeds you get
Thema:

1. What is the maximum download speed from Xbox X? - Similar Threads - maximum download speed

2. Will Hogwarts Legacy still have maximum performance/fidelity mode options availble if I buy...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will Hogwarts Legacy still have maximum performance/fidelity mode options availble if I buy...: The Xbox ONE version of Hogwarts Legacy is much cheaper, but if it limits the Series X's potential in any way, I won't buy it. 7f40e94d-80f8-402e-b6ac-5ebc3cf9e02c
  3. Kinect2 : Maximum number of people tracked ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect2 : Maximum number of people tracked ?: Hello, I have a question regarding the body tracking system of the Kinect2. I read somewhere that it can track up to 6 people simultaneously. But let's imagine there are more than 6 people on...
  4. Maximum Effort on Quantum Break not unlocking

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Maximum Effort on Quantum Break not unlocking: I completed Quantum Break on 6/25 … well, at least I thought I did. I was mopping up the last of the achievements, collected my last Chronon Source and upgraded the final ability that was still...
  5. Unable to purchase a Series X - You have reached the maximum quantity for this product

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to purchase a Series X - You have reached the maximum quantity for this product: Last week, I returned a Series X (certified refurbished) because it was dead on arrival. After I got the return was processed and I got the refund, I am trying to purchase again. However, I’m...
  6. Headset volume reset to maximum at every start.

in XboX Insiders
    Headset volume reset to maximum at every start.: Everytime I start up my Series X and put on my Arctis 7x Wireless, the volume-setting of the headset is reset to maximum volume. I mean the volume-setting on the XBox, under that speaker-icon you...
  7. Maximum football 2020 has frozen.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Maximum football 2020 has frozen.: just bought. Maximum football 2020 on the xbox store. It has frozen, what can I do?, c13ed62d-8199-4b8b-88e8-fd3cf4745db1
  8. Xbox Series X: Maximum Capacity of External Storage for media? aka MP4

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X: Maximum Capacity of External Storage for media? aka MP4: I have an 8 TB Seagate external HD for games and a second 8 TB Seagate external HD for movies(MP4). However, the Series X (and XBox one) can only read about 2 TB of movies. The Series X will see...
  9. Maximum xbox one x internal storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Maximum xbox one x internal storage: Hi guys, I'm looking to upgrade internal storage of my xbox one x. I know the ps4 pro supports a maximum internal storage of 4tb and I thought/assumed that the xbox one x would support a similar...
  10. Maximum download and upload speed capable on xbox one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Maximum download and upload speed capable on xbox one?: Does anyone know the maximum download speed the wifi adapter on the xbox one is capable of? Also the upload speed? My download speed that i pay for is 150mbps it is the maximum on virgin media,...