What is the legal precedent behind shutting down Minecraft migration on Dec 18, 2023? I had...

Discus and support What is the legal precedent behind shutting down Minecraft migration on Dec 18, 2023? I had... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; How is it legal for Microsoft to do this? I purchased a product from a separate entity, had no information about the migration / migration support and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Daniel Yates, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Daniel Yates
    Daniel Yates Guest

What is the legal precedent behind shutting down Minecraft migration on Dec 18, 2023? I had...

How is it legal for Microsoft to do this? I purchased a product from a separate entity, had no information about the migration / migration support and now after a few years of not playing, I have to re-purchase a product that I purchased in its Alpha phase for $5, but now costs $39.99 for the same product?

I can't imagine there actually being legal precedent for a company shutting down services for something like this after a buyout that, as a consumer who doesn't care about the news, I had no clue even occurred.

Couldn't this leave Microsoft open to a Class Action suit if enough people didn't complete the migration in time?

Are there any ways for me to get access back to my old account WITHOUT paying? It would suck, but I'm fine with losing my old worlds, but I am not fine with being extorted into purchasing the same thing I already purchased.

:)

Daniel Yates, Dec 31, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: