What is the justification behind charging to change your gamertag?

Discus and support What is the justification behind charging to change your gamertag? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I would really like to now. Having worked in IT and supporting technology similar to this, it seems like a pretty out rages charge. Maybe I'm... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SweetG79, Oct 9, 2017.

1. SweetG79
    SweetG79 Guest

I would really like to now. Having worked in IT and supporting technology similar to this, it seems like a pretty out rages charge. Maybe I'm overlooking something. Maybe somebody can enlighten me? Admittedly I am fairly new to Xbox. I've found that it
    would be a good idea to change my gamer tag to something that is more gender "non-speciidea". But I find it a little hard to pay $10 (or whatever it costs), just on principal. I don't feel like I should have to avoid [Mod Removed] trolling me...

:)

SweetG79, Oct 9, 2017
  2. Tinderly
    Tinderly Guest
    Tax now on games?

Due to the currency change from MSP to local currency your government is charging taxes.

Tinderly, Oct 9, 2017
  3. I think this is cool.

What a nice surprise. $10 to change your gamertag was just insane, even though I understand the reasoning behind it.

Reedickyoulus, Oct 9, 2017
  4. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest

working in it and support has little to do with running. A game server

Not sure why you are comparing the two

One it's a private service they can make their own rules

As the only console that even allows name changes not sure what you are comparing it to

2 to prevent people to change their name for whatever flavor of the month they feel like using

Also to make sure that's the name they actually want and if it's a bad name prove they need to thinking harder on theie name and keep it rated e for everyone

It doesn't have the same issues like updating leader boards

ngocphi, Oct 9, 2017
  5. Free gamertag change was abuse so much in the past, hence a fee to prevent trolls changing GT every 6 seconds.

JerrminRangwani, Oct 10, 2017
  6. SweetG79
    SweetG79 Guest
    Not sure what you're trying to say there, that doesn't really make sense in the context of my question. The rest of it was a legit enough response though. Thanks.

SweetG79, Nov 1, 2018
  7. SweetG79 Win User

Not sure what you're trying to say there, that doesn't really make sense in the context of my question. The rest of it was a legit enough response though. Thanks.
  8. JerrminRangwani Win User

Free gamertag change was abuse so much in the past, hence a fee to prevent trolls changing GT every 6 seconds.
  9. ngocphi Win User

As the only console that even allows name changes not sure what you are comparing it to

2 to prevent people to change their name for whatever flavor of the month they feel like using

Also to make sure that's the name they actually want and if it's a bad name prove they need to thinking harder on theie name and keep it rated e for everyone

It doesn't have the same issues like updating leader boards
  10. julosjc Win User

Gears 5 MS please changes the studio

Not sure what your incompetent justification is; but they are active on their website and listen to fans. give it a go: https://forums.gearsofwar.com
  11. Smwutches Win User

Justification

To see about submitting a case review, you would need to go to
    http://enforcement.xbox.com

Even though the game itself is rated R, everything else on Live has to remain E for everyone.
Thema:

1. What is the justification behind charging to change your gamertag? - Similar Threads - justification behind charging

2. Taking bad about dlc content justifes a suspension!?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Taking bad about dlc content justifes a suspension!?: [img] This is unfair. Super unfair. I can't believe criticizing a game on bad design counts as a violation. To summarize, I was saying this content is not good for early players and was explaining...
  3. Coms Ban without justification

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Coms Ban without justification: I've been coms banned for the second time in 2 weeks and I don't understand why it's happening. Am I being hacked? When I went to the enforcement page to understand why, this is what I get a...
  4. Xbox Game Studios (AoE IV) pricing justification

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Studios (AoE IV) pricing justification: Age of Empires IV launches 28th October. The pre-order prices have been published. I've been surprised by the prices as many other customers as you can see on the official game forum, and not any...
  5. Microsoft Store Refund Refused Without Proper Justification

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Store Refund Refused Without Proper Justification: Good afternoon, The service I have received from Microsoft today has been completely unsatisfactory. I requested a refund for a product purchased in error for the Xbox One platform, via the...
  6. Justification

in XBoX on Consoles
    Justification: Received a ban for communications because of one single word said to a player while they are able to continue to play the game freely. The messages were sent in response to a match where the...
  7. Why xboxs justification sh*t

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why xboxs justification sh*t: I literally don't talk to people, I only message and my messages are not anything bad, just conversation with another, I promise you I'm a fair player but xbox decides to suspend my account for...
  8. Urgent! Ban without justification of my console xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Urgent! Ban without justification of my console xbox 360: I own an old Xbox 360 console and old Microsoft in other products and I'm sure banning my Xbox 360 console model S and Serial Number: 157594402605 ... where in my account everything is as released...
  9. Why am I banned with no justification?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why am I banned with no justification?: I would love to know why I got banned for a week with no justification an no one can tell me why I even tried to get a second review on my ban on enforcemen.xbox.com but the apply for a review...
  10. I want justification...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want justification...: It's absolutely ridiculous how shoddy the Xbox Ones accessories are. I bought mine March 2014, and by September my standard headset had broke, couldn't talk into the mic could only hear people. So...