What is the difference between an Xbox one controller and an Xbox one S controller?

Discus and support What is the difference between an Xbox one controller and an Xbox one S controller? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; What is the difference between an Xbox one controller and an Xbox one S controller? c07a002e-f5c7-4c98-98d3-312fff388e3c Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Demona65, Jun 21, 2023.

1. Demona65
    Demona65 Guest

What is the difference between an Xbox one controller and an Xbox one S controller?

:)

Demona65, Jun 21, 2023
  2. Miss Bijoux Win User

Xbox One S wireless controller

Hey there!

Yes, there is a difference between the Xbox One controller and the Xbox One S controllers. As you've mentioned, the Xbox One S controllers have Bluetooth capability whereas the original series does not. You can sort of tell the difference when you look at
    the controller itself. If the area around the Xbox guide button matches the controller, it likely is a Bluetooth capable controller vs an original one. A good example is the difference between the

Lunar White Controller
    (non-Bluetooth capable) and the new white
    Xbox One Controller
    (Bluetooth capable). You can see the difference in the controller around the guide button. If you see a controller in the store that you like, you can always check on the web to see if it has Bluetooth or not.

Let us know if you have any other questions. :)
  3. Lei Fang DOAX3 Win User

Design Lab Controller not Charging with Play and Charge Kit

Hello everyone :)

I thought that the only difference between the controller (not the Xbox One S controller) and the Design Lab controller was asthetic?

Have a nice day or afternoon or night everyone :)

4. Smwutches Win User

All Ones are in the same family of console so there isn't a specific Xbox One or One S controller. There was the original One controller that had shiny plastic around the Xbox button on the top that did not have bluetooth. Then they released one that had a matte finish instead of the shiny plastic that does have bluetooth. Both versions will work on all One consoles as well as a Series S/X.
  5. Demona65 Win User

Nothing. They use the same controllers.
    No they are not.

Xbox one controller

Xbox one slim controller

What's the difference ?
  6. ngocphi Win User

There is also.the bumper.rocker as I found out when my controller took a dive into a lake of shrimp soup

And you forgot the audio jack

OG xbox one controllers required the 3.5 adapter with volume buttons on it

Newer ones directly connect 3.5mm audio jacks and no audio controls needed on the controller it would be your headset

@op you have to look at the manufacturing date

You cant buy og controllers anymore new anyways

You don't see any differences on the box with the exxeption of series controllers which have the share button they still work on xbox ones though

But like smwutches said you can't buy a xbox one s controller they aren't named that way you just have to read the box to confirm if it has Bluetooth or not for the newer ones or the share button on the series controllers
Thema:

1. What is the difference between an Xbox one controller and an Xbox one S controller? - Similar Threads - difference between controller

2. Why is the sales tax different between accounts on the same system?

in XboX Insiders
    Why is the sales tax different between accounts on the same system?: My husband and I both have xbox accounts, his account is under my 2nd email but he pays for gamepass, his account has cheaper sales tax, both emails were created in the same house, both xbox...
  3. Is there any differences between gen 8 and gen 9 controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any differences between gen 8 and gen 9 controllers?: As I see there's no differences except the D-pad's design. Maybe the vibrations are different, I don't know. 3e1630d9-3a63-4101-8143-b46aa72f8941
  4. Insiders Beta Ring Member, Curious as to what UI & other differences there are between Beta...

in XboX Insiders
    Insiders Beta Ring Member, Curious as to what UI & other differences there are between Beta...: Basically I'm curious as to what is different within Beta as of now? Is the UI different in some way? Like what is different than someone who's not in the insiders program? submitted by...
  5. What is the different between hogwarts legacy series one version game disc play on the xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What is the different between hogwarts legacy series one version game disc play on the xbox...: frame rate? image quality? 4b75aa20-819a-4ed2-9d87-8087e84086aa
  6. What’s the difference between (2023) MW3 Vault Edition and (2023) MW3 Vault Edition Upgrade

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What’s the difference between (2023) MW3 Vault Edition and (2023) MW3 Vault Edition Upgrade: Not sure what this box is for, but I did not buy the Vault Edition. I bought the Vault Edition Upgrade , but i still cannot play MW3. I was just wanted to know what the difference between the two...
  7. Xbox Console: Any differences between 2022 and 2023 Xbox X series console? Enough to care?...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Console: Any differences between 2022 and 2023 Xbox X series console? Enough to care?...: Xbox Console: Any differences between 2022 and 2023 Xbox X series console? Enough to care? Thanks. 51e0b1ca-bef1-4116-b252-70521cd3093a
  8. What's the difference between online multiplayer and online console multiplayer?

in XBoX on Windows
    What's the difference between online multiplayer and online console multiplayer?: What's the difference between online multiplayer and online console multiplayer? 9b7b94cc-2efd-4f38-bb30-aa60c1d6bd02
  9. I would like to know the difference between a national and international Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I would like to know the difference between a national and international Xbox: I would like to know what the difference is regarding price and warranty since I am about to buy a new console. 737ab7a3-2465-469e-9da9-7d65558d9894
  10. What is the difference between a permanent ban and a permanent suspension.

in XBoX Accessibility
    What is the difference between a permanent ban and a permanent suspension.: What is the difference between a permanent ban and a permanent suspension???? 015494a1-700e-4fb3-8516-f8c9a8c6c427