What is the deal with starfield download? Download works no problem until it hits45.6 GB (39%)

Discus and support What is the deal with starfield download? Download works no problem until it hits45.6 GB (39%) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been trying to install Starfield on PC Game Pass and every time i do it stops at 45.6 gb, I have room on hard drive, i have tried all Microsoft... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Isaac Caverhill, Sep 10, 2023.

1. What is the deal with starfield download? Download works no problem until it hits45.6 GB (39%)

I have been trying to install Starfield on PC Game Pass and every time i do it stops at 45.6 gb, I have room on hard drive, i have tried all Microsoft suggested fixes, and have tried pretty much every "solution" i can find to try (reset or repair Network,Microsoft Store,Xbox) All my drivers and windows updates have been updated. Same account on the store and xbox app, region is correct,no VPN is being used right now. what is the problem

:)

Isaac Caverhill, Sep 10, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

What is the deal with starfield download? Download works no problem until it hits45.6 GB (39%)

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Isaac Caverhill,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are having issues downloading Starfield. May we confirm if issue still persist until now? If yes, let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

Based on your description, the game gets stuck at 39% in installation. Let us isolate the issue, please answer our questions below:

1. May we ask for the screenshot of the issue? Please conceal your personal information like name or email address.
    2. Can we ask if you are having issues installing other Xbox games?
    3. May we ask if you have issues installing Microsoft Store games? You may try to install Minecraft Launcher or Microsoft Sudoku or Microsoft Solitaire Collection.
    4. Can you stop the installation and reinstall the game?
    5. Have you tried to install the game on Drive C? Or was it on Drive C?

So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

• Restart device -
      • This will clear your computer’s memory/RAM.
    • Keep your Windows updated -
      • Install PC Optional Update. Guide - Update Windows
        • Settings > Update & Security (Windows 10) or Windows Update (Windows 11) > Check for updates > download updates and install > restart device and wait for the update to be done.
      • If you have issues with update, please check the troubleshooting steps available here - Troubleshoot problems updating Windows.
    • Update Xbox app and Gaming Services from Microsoft Store
      • Launch Microsoft Store app on Windows by searching it on Windows search bar.
      • Select Library > Updates & downloads > check if an update is available for the Xbox app.
      • If an update is available, select Update.
      • Launch Xbox app and check at the bottom of the page, if an update is available for Gaming Services.
    • (EA App or any game developer or launcher) Close both Xbox apps and relaunch the Xbox app.
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling Gaming Services.
      • Right-click the Start button and select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
      • Type this command one at a time, press enter and wait:
        get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
        start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
      • Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
      • Restart your device and try to install the game again
    • Install the game again and see if it still stuck.

Source: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox App for Windows

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. darshie2014 Win User

Error 0x87e00013 while updating Outer worlds via Xbox live on Windows 10

Yes, I had to uninstall the game and download it again.

The good thing is that it was "just" 39 GB.
  5. THEE INVICTUS Win User

Map Pack Download Problem

I have same problem! I deleted it as well and still will not download I have 4 gbs as well so this is ridiculous! What is the deal?
  6. AttackSloth32 Win User

unable to download any game on xbox pc app

I had a similar problem when installing Starfield on my PC. What fixed it for me was reinstalling the Xbox app entirely. You might also want to check your download queue because sometimes there's something downloading in the background that out-prioritizes what you want to download.
Thema:

1. What is the deal with starfield download? Download works no problem until it hits45.6 GB (39%) - Similar Threads - deal starfield download

2. Sent ES2 controller in for repairs almost 1.5 years ago, still dealing with it

in XBoX on Windows
    Sent ES2 controller in for repairs almost 1.5 years ago, still dealing with it: I’m posting this here out of desperation. I sent my ES2 controller in for warranty repair in November 2022. Over the course of about a year, I called XCS several times to try and find out about...
  3. My Minecraft microsoft problem... How do i deal with this??

in XBoX on Windows
    My Minecraft microsoft problem... How do i deal with this??: I saw the article saying that Microsoft brought Mojang and Mojang wants all the Mojang users to be in Microsoft. I was never using a Minecraft/Mojang account I have been using a Microsoft account...
  4. After the deal with Activision and Microsoft, will there be another Guitar Hero game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After the deal with Activision and Microsoft, will there be another Guitar Hero game?: Activision and Microsoft made a deal for 69 billion dollars. And much more small companies. There was some stuff about Guitar Hero being involved about the games they were both talking about. They...
  5. help me ive been dealing with this for 2 weeks

in XBoX on Windows
    help me ive been dealing with this for 2 weeks: when I'm in an Xbox party on pc it will allow me to hear and talk to my friends but when I click off of the app, they can't hear me anymore but I can hear them. I have uninstalled and reinstalled...
  6. Beta Ring, 2 days in a row getting mandatory SO Updates and 2 days in a row dealing with...

in XboX Insiders
    Beta Ring, 2 days in a row getting mandatory SO Updates and 2 days in a row dealing with...: Don’t know what to do at this point, 2 days in a row getting the same error while trying to install mandatory updates. My router is next to my SX and also wired, I’ve tried different methods like...
  7. Solitaire - Fable - Tripeaks Medium 3 Boards 1 Deal Issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Solitaire - Fable - Tripeaks Medium 3 Boards 1 Deal Issue: Hi there, I am having issues with a Microsoft Solitaire Game. It is located in the Star Club under the Fable deck in Tripeaks. The medium game says clear 3 boards in 1 deal but as soon as I open...
  8. How do deal with unfair suspension!!?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do deal with unfair suspension!!?: I got a one day ban for beating a guy at madden! Im furious because I game full time and am in the top 15! I stream almost every game out of 1600 and never had any issues ! Xbox said I can’t...
  9. How do I deal with this error, 0x80246008?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I deal with this error, 0x80246008?: I've been attempting to reinstall Crunchyroll onto my Xbox One. But every time I try I keep getting this error (0x80246008). I've already attempted to hard reset my xbox, restarted it multiple...
  10. What's the deal with xbox enforcement?

in XBoX Accessibility
    What's the deal with xbox enforcement?: Time after time, I've been messaged slurs and other hate messages, and people in game chat harass me nonstop. I report them, make the 60-second game clips as advised to report them, and nothing...