What is the best way to setup accounts, purchases, allowing others to play on my console...

Discus and support What is the best way to setup accounts, purchases, allowing others to play on my console... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; What is the best way to setup accounts, purchases, allowing others to play on my console with their account? I want to be the only one who has access... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by geezer_tech, Apr 15, 2019.

1. geezer_tech
    geezer_tech Guest

What is the best way to setup accounts, purchases, allowing others to play on my console...

What is the best way to setup accounts, purchases, allowing others to play on my console with their account?

I want to be the only one who has access to settings, purchases, subscriptions, etc. but yet allow others to play on my console also with their accounts.

I have had some problems with unauthorized purchases showing up on my account through apparently accidentally hitting buttons by my kids.

:)

geezer_tech, Apr 15, 2019
  2. Whitey Black Win User

What is the best way to setup accounts, purchases, allowing others to play on my console with their account?

check this link Set Xbox One to Home Console

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox
  3. DrifterX22 Win User

If someone signs in with their account information on your console they have access to everything they have purchased its that simple. FYI kids don't accidentally hit buttons and there is a confirmation after choosing to purchase an item. Make sure your
    kids are on a "child account" and you can restrict things they can do.

You may want to just remove any persistent payment information; this means youj will have to enter it every time you make a purchase though.

Definition of a Microsoft child account

How a child account is defined

At Microsoft, a child account is defined as any Microsoft account that’s affiliated with an adult Microsoft account when the age of the child or teen is less than the age of majority for his or her country. When this is the case, the child must be linked
    to an adult’s Microsoft account in order to participate in the Xbox Live service.

When it comes to managing a child’s privacy and online safety, Xbox One breaks the definition of “children” into three categories:

• Young child: Anyone under the age of 8
    • Child: Ages 8 through 12
    • Teen: Ages 13 through 17 (or 19 in South Korea).

Related Issues
    Add a new member to your Xbox One family

Manage privacy and online safety for Xbox One
  4. XBF Nestor S Win User

https://support.xbox.com/my-account/security/create-xbox-one-passkey
    Hey there Tech thanks for taking the time to bring these questions to us.

We apologize for the confusion this has caused but rest assured we are here to help. We will be breaking down these inquiries into several answers to be as clear as possible.

First things first, the way to share the console would be to set it up as the
    Home console
    , this will allow other people to add their account to the console. Check out our Home console page for more information.

Second, check out our
    Prevent unauthorized purchases by children on Xbox One page
    to see how to prevent unauthorized purchases being made.

What should be done to prevent the charges in the future is
    setting up a passkey
    and select either ask for my passkey or lock it down permissions.

Check it out and let us know if we can further assist in this or any other issues!
  5. Smwutches Win User

Xbox live on 3 seperate consoles (not gold)

A gold subscription is what allows you to play online. You would need at least 2 gold subscriptions for 3 consoles. Gold is tied to the account that purchases, not the console. The Home setting allows an account with gold to share their gold with other
    accounts on a console. So you could buy gold on 2 of their accounts, then have one of them set the 3rd child's console as their Home so the 3rd can have gold as well. https://support.xbox.com/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox
  6. At the Nozzle Win User

Pre loaded game won't play

Hey andrebosseau,

If you those games were purchased via your son's account, he would have to set the console you have as the "Home" console. This allows him to share gold as well as any games he purchased with other users on the console.

More info on home Xbox settings: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox

Best,

Nozzle :)
Thema:

1. What is the best way to setup accounts, purchases, allowing others to play on my console... - Similar Threads - best setup accounts

2. elches ist das beste Betriebssystem für ein Eigenbau-NAS ?

in XboX Insiders
    elches ist das beste Betriebssystem für ein Eigenbau-NAS ?: Welches ist das beste Betriebssystem für ein Eigenbau-NAS ? Welches ist am besten für Anfänger geeignet ? Und gibt es NAS-Betriebssysteme kostenlos ? Wir geben euch einen Überblick und...
  3. Best settings/setup for ASUS TUF VG27A monitor with Xbox Series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Best settings/setup for ASUS TUF VG27A monitor with Xbox Series S?: I am looking for advice for the best way to calibrate or setup my Asus VG27A 1440p monitor with my Xbox series S. I’ve noticed with some games the graphics will appear a little fuzzy. I’ve also...
  4. What is the best setup for the Astro mixamp pro tr and the series x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is the best setup for the Astro mixamp pro tr and the series x?: So I’ve been just using the standard usb to console setup but recently I’ve noticed a lot of crackling on my headphones (presumably because the micro doesn’t sit in the mixamp port very well),...
  5. Best way to setup my 75” Samsung QLED tv with my Samsung N950 soundbar/ Dolby Atmos with my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Best way to setup my 75” Samsung QLED tv with my Samsung N950 soundbar/ Dolby Atmos with my...: The way I have it setup now is i’m using the HDMI ARC to my tv’s (One box) and HDMI from Xbox to One box. I only use my Xbox for my Tv. So when i’m watching Netflix or whatever, it’s always...
  6. : Best internet setup?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Best internet setup?: : Best internet setup? upgrade to complete wifi and get a disc dat next to your console and you can hardwire into the disc and the disc links to the router wirelessly, not change of password etc,...
  7. Best and reasonable stream setup

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Best and reasonable stream setup: All, Im trying to take an interest in things that my son (stepson) likes and he told me he would like to do a father/son stream. Would it be best to stick with mixer or twitch? Would we need...
  8. Which Comcast/Xfinity setup and cable box provide the best OneGuide experience?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Which Comcast/Xfinity setup and cable box provide the best OneGuide experience?: I currently have just the Basic package from Xfinity (i.e.FOX, WCCO, WB, KMSP, etc.), though the Cisco RNG150N cable box. I do not have any HD channels, and the viewing experience on the OneGuide...
  9. Best Setup For Shared Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Best Setup For Shared Xbox: Hi all, I work at a resort and we have two Xbox One consoles with 8 games for each. I am looking for a way to lock them down so that only the resort login and password is used on the systems....
  10. Best VPN Setup?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Best VPN Setup?: I have to connect on my Xbox via VPN, because im on a university campus network. I use PureVPN because it was the cheapest and offered just as much as the other services, but I was wondering...