What is the best storage option for Xbox One S

Discus and support What is the best storage option for Xbox One S in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Looking for storage options for my son's Xbox One S? Not a gamer myself so I have no idea where to start. f45ca67b-40a6-43fd-a51c-96d6f0d950ed Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Victoria_Ruiz2007, Nov 21, 2023.

1. What is the best storage option for Xbox One S

Looking for storage options for my son's Xbox One S? Not a gamer myself so I have no idea where to start.

:)

Victoria_Ruiz2007, Nov 21, 2023
  2. Gerardo CG Win User

Hi there Victoria_Ruiz2007, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

The best option for additional storage for an Xbox One S console is an external hard drive.

There are a couple of requirements that the external hard drive must meet in order to work with the Xbox One S:

- It must have a USB 3.0 connection or higher.

- It must have a minimum capacity of 128 GB. The maximum size that the console detects is up to 16TB.

As long as these requirements are met, any external hard drive will work with the console.

You can find more useful information on the following link:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/storage/console-doesnt-detect-external-storage

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

What are the best options for adding storage Xbox series S?

If it is a Series X|S games, then the game can only be installed on the internal drive or on a external Seagate storage expansion card

https://www.xbox.com/en-Gb/accessories/hard-drives/seagate-expansion-card or a Western Digital one

https://www.westerndigital.com/prod...sion-card-for-xbox-ssd?sku=WDBMPH0010BNC-WCSN These can store Xbox Series X|S games and be launched from them too.

Any backward Compatible title (Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One) can be installed on an external drive and played from there too.
  4. J1Oh1was Win User

Xbox storage

Hi Daryl Cardoza, I am josh and try my best to help you.

On xbox series X/S console have storage option.

Go to My games & apps—>Manage go to Storage devices then go to Change installation location. You are in Manage change installation location. In there you have option what storage you want to use for game and use for app and movie. You will have 2 or 3 option. Internal Storage use xbox console storage. Other one Storage Expansion Card is for new generation game but xbox console let you use it like normal internal Storage . Other option is let xbox decide mean xbox console choose for you.
  5. kokumaker Win User

Best options for external storage?

Thanks, everybody! But I'm still confused. I can use any external storage device that connects via USB, but only if it's in the 32 GB range? What if I'm looking to add an additional, oh, say, 500 GB to my Xbox?
  6. kokumaker Win User

Best options for external storage?

That's ridiculous! Even Nintendo lets you attach up to a 2 TB hard drive to the Wii U. Argh! I guess I'll just have to start moving games onto 32 GB thumb drives, because my 320 GB hard drive is FULL. No more games on demand for me...
Thema:

1. What is the best storage option for Xbox One S - Similar Threads - best storage option

2. elches ist das beste Betriebssystem für ein Eigenbau-NAS ?

in XboX Insiders
    elches ist das beste Betriebssystem für ein Eigenbau-NAS ?: Welches ist das beste Betriebssystem für ein Eigenbau-NAS ? Welches ist am besten für Anfänger geeignet ? Und gibt es NAS-Betriebssysteme kostenlos ? Wir geben euch einen Überblick und...
  3. What’s the best way to connect my series X to my monitor that doesn’t have HDMI?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What’s the best way to connect my series X to my monitor that doesn’t have HDMI?: I recently purchased a Samsung G85SB gaming monitor. Only after being delivered did I realize it doesn’t have an HDMI port only mini DP, a micro hdmi and a type c input. I could buy adapters to...
  4. What is the best way to control my TV and audio receiver from my Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is the best way to control my TV and audio receiver from my Xbox series X?: I currently have an Xbox series X. a few months ago's I upgraded from an Xbox One X. I have my video and audio going to my TV and then optical out going to my audio receiver. I used to be able to...
  5. Best way to fix overheating/crashing for the Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Best way to fix overheating/crashing for the Xbox series X?: Hi community, I’ve been having issues with games crashing for what I think is an overheating problem. Let me go into detail with this because I’ve done a lot of researching and testing and not...
  6. Suggesting That the Next Xbox Controller Have All the Unique & Best Features of the Amazing...

in XboX Insiders
    Suggesting That the Next Xbox Controller Have All the Unique & Best Features of the Amazing...: Hello Microsoft & XBox friends, sorry for the previous post (when I Googled where to submit ideas to Microsoft it took me to the main r/xboxinsiders ,didn't know there's a category of threads like...
  7. Suggesting That The Next Elite This Year Will Have All the Best From DualSense Edge, Scuf &...

in XboX Insiders
    Suggesting That The Next Elite This Year Will Have All the Best From DualSense Edge, Scuf &...: Hello Microsoft friends. Suggesting that next Xbox gamepad controller this year be it the Elite or the regular Xbox Series have all that gamers want but all leveled up to 3 levels: a) all the...
  8. What laptop is best for hogwarts legacy?

in XBoX on Windows
    What laptop is best for hogwarts legacy?: I'm currently looking at buying a laptop that I can play hogwarts legacy and maybe the last of us on. I'm not want to spend too much. I was looking at the Acer Nitro 5 15.6-inch...
  9. Xbox X + Sony TV best visual settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X + Sony TV best visual settings: Dear Community, Finally I switched from the One S to Xbox X. My setup is with Sony KD-65XH9096. The signal goes directly from the console to the TV. Then another HDMI from the TV to Soundbar...
  10. What are the best options for adding storage Xbox series S?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What are the best options for adding storage Xbox series S?: My daughter needs more storage space on her Xbox series s. She received a game for Christmas but can't play bc there's not enough space on her internal storage. My free time the last couple days...