What is the best setup for the Astro mixamp pro tr and the series x?

Discus and support What is the best setup for the Astro mixamp pro tr and the series x? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I’ve been just using the standard usb to console setup but recently I’ve noticed a lot of crackling on my headphones (presumably because the micro... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SebastianAguirre4, Feb 16, 2022.

1. What is the best setup for the Astro mixamp pro tr and the series x?

So I’ve been just using the standard usb to console setup but recently I’ve noticed a lot of crackling on my headphones (presumably because the micro doesn’t sit in the mixamp port very well), which prompted me to do some research on the matter which in turn led to the revelation that apparently the usb audio isn’t very good even when it is working properly. So now I’m trying to figure out what the best setup I can achieve is.

Now I’ve read that some people use hdmi audio extractors that greatly enhances the audio, though at the cost of picture quality which is not acceptable to me.

So I looked around some more and discovered two other options: 1. Buy an optical adapter for my series x and connect it that way, or 2. Connect the optical cable directly to my tv.

And to me the latter would seem the better option because I wouldn’t have to buy any additional equipment. Though I’m not overly savvy to all this business so I thought I would defer to those that are a bit more learned on the subject to see if there are any advantages to buying the adapter and connecting that way.

:)

SebastianAguirre4, Feb 16, 2022
  2. SebastianAguirre4 Win User

So I found the preset that I like which doesn’t make everything sound like it’s in a garbage can, for anyone else who might have this issue it’s the third of the basic presets that the mixamp pro tr comes loaded with.

It sounds pretty good overall and now that I’m using the optical port there’s no more crackling.
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Presets on the Mixamp won't work trough USB as you can equalize the audio trough the Dolby app
  4. SebastianAguirre4 Win User

Thank you for your reply Ricardo, I figured that was probably the case but I just wanted to make sure there weren’t any benefits to having the audio coming directly from the console rather than through the tv.

Though after doing a bit more reading it seems that Dolby atmos isn’t compatible with optical audio, allegedly it only works through hdmi audio. But if that’s the case then I’m not sure I understand how atmos could work either way? Even if it’s coming directly from the console I’ve still got the audio running from my console through usb/optical into my mixamp and then through aux to my headphones.

So if you or anyone else could help clarify how I could achieve proper Dolby atmos I would very much appreciate it.

And apologies for not mentioning I was using atmos in my original post, I just didn’t even think about it.
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Like i mentioned, Atmos will depend on the capacity of the TV to send the audio in that format
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

That would be a question for Astro support probably, but the if you are using optical cable trough the Tv could be that the quality on the tv it's not properly set, the presets on the Mixamp should not be interfering
Thema:

1. What is the best setup for the Astro mixamp pro tr and the series x? - Similar Threads - best setup Astro

2. elches ist das beste Betriebssystem für ein Eigenbau-NAS ?

in XboX Insiders
    elches ist das beste Betriebssystem für ein Eigenbau-NAS ?: Welches ist das beste Betriebssystem für ein Eigenbau-NAS ? Welches ist am besten für Anfänger geeignet ? Und gibt es NAS-Betriebssysteme kostenlos ? Wir geben euch einen Überblick und...
  3. Best settings/setup for ASUS TUF VG27A monitor with Xbox Series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Best settings/setup for ASUS TUF VG27A monitor with Xbox Series S?: I am looking for advice for the best way to calibrate or setup my Asus VG27A 1440p monitor with my Xbox series S. I’ve noticed with some games the graphics will appear a little fuzzy. I’ve also...
  4. Best way to setup my 75” Samsung QLED tv with my Samsung N950 soundbar/ Dolby Atmos with my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Best way to setup my 75” Samsung QLED tv with my Samsung N950 soundbar/ Dolby Atmos with my...: The way I have it setup now is i’m using the HDMI ARC to my tv’s (One box) and HDMI from Xbox to One box. I only use my Xbox for my Tv. So when i’m watching Netflix or whatever, it’s always...
  5. : Best internet setup?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Best internet setup?: : Best internet setup? upgrade to complete wifi and get a disc dat next to your console and you can hardwire into the disc and the disc links to the router wirelessly, not change of password etc,...
  6. Best and reasonable stream setup

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Best and reasonable stream setup: All, Im trying to take an interest in things that my son (stepson) likes and he told me he would like to do a father/son stream. Would it be best to stick with mixer or twitch? Would we need...
  7. What is the best way to setup accounts, purchases, allowing others to play on my console...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What is the best way to setup accounts, purchases, allowing others to play on my console...: What is the best way to setup accounts, purchases, allowing others to play on my console with their account? I want to be the only one who has access to settings, purchases, subscriptions, etc....
  8. Which Comcast/Xfinity setup and cable box provide the best OneGuide experience?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Which Comcast/Xfinity setup and cable box provide the best OneGuide experience?: I currently have just the Basic package from Xfinity (i.e.FOX, WCCO, WB, KMSP, etc.), though the Cisco RNG150N cable box. I do not have any HD channels, and the viewing experience on the OneGuide...
  9. Best Setup For Shared Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Best Setup For Shared Xbox: Hi all, I work at a resort and we have two Xbox One consoles with 8 games for each. I am looking for a way to lock them down so that only the resort login and password is used on the systems....
  10. Best VPN Setup?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Best VPN Setup?: I have to connect on my Xbox via VPN, because im on a university campus network. I use PureVPN because it was the cheapest and offered just as much as the other services, but I was wondering...