What is Microsoft doing about cheaters using alt accounts on console?

Discus and support What is Microsoft doing about cheaters using alt accounts on console? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I play a lot of multiplayer games mostly Dayz on pc and console. There has always been a problem with people creating several alt account’s to cheat in... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by PlumbingMaster1, Nov 1, 2023.

1. What is Microsoft doing about cheaters using alt accounts on console?

I play a lot of multiplayer games mostly Dayz on pc and console. There has always been a problem with people creating several alt account’s to cheat in the game. Xbox allows 32 accounts on the system most of the cheaters utilize 2 consoles which adds up to 64 accounts on average.

They will stack accounts in certain areas and make the game unplayable or not enjoyable at best.

The reason they are using two consoles is to duplicate gear in game aswell. They will use a program called netcut to lag the server and allow them to log into the same account on two separate consoles simultaneously. The developers at Bohemia know of the issue and have made the alt switch timer longer but is hasn’t been enough. I wasn’t sure if the level of cheating has ever been brought to Microsoft’s attention but I would love to see an outright ban on alt accounts or a charge to utilize them. Just seems silly that people who legitimately bought the game to enjoy have to deal with a proliferation of cheaters on the Microsoft platform.

When I think of Microsoft I have always thought about top notch gaming and experience. But lately if someone mentions it I think of an acceptance of fraud cheats and exploits.

Thank you for all your hard work and years of enjoyment but until this is addressed I will probably find better ways to spend my money.

:)

PlumbingMaster1, Nov 1, 2023
  2. Tezzarrific Win User

Microsoft has no access or control over any third party game servers, these are paid for and run by the devs/publisher of that game, you pay for Xbox live for access through the paywall, anything after that point is none of their care.
  3. bralmo13 Win User

Thank you for reaching out, PlumbingMaster1. My name is Brett and I am an independent advisor. I would be happy to help you.

To answer your question, it is likely Microsoft is aware of the issue to a certain extent. I would suggest being adamant about reporting the players when playing within the Microsoft ecosystem. I would also suggest continuing to reach out to Bohemia to continue to notify them of this issue. With enough reports, there will be more internal eyes on the issue, but this is the best we can suggest. It is largley up to Bohemia to clean up the state of their game, so I might simply suggest moving on from this title if you are not happy with your experience, and reporting players is not working.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.
  4. ForzaDrift Girl Win User

What does Microsoft do about cheaters?

Hi,

if you report the personthen the enforcement team will take a look and decide if the person gets a ban or not
  5. DAZZA 433 Win User

If you have video evidence of the cheating then you should get in touch with Rockstar the games developer via their support page on their forums as you can submit video evidence directly to them for review.
  6. DrifterX22 Win User

click on the players name and file a report
Thema:

1. What is Microsoft doing about cheaters using alt accounts on console? - Similar Threads - Microsoft doing cheaters

2. How do i Find my microsoft email

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i Find my microsoft email: I have my Microsoft username just don't know my email i cant find any resources regarding this same problem a55c4a53-c5a3-4504-96de-bbb18332905e
  3. How do I unlink a PlayStation Network account from my Microsoft account?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I unlink a PlayStation Network account from my Microsoft account?: My Microsoft account is unfortunately linked to a PlayStation Network account that is not my own. I am not sure how long that account has been connected to my Microsoft account, but I was only...
  4. Why do I have to install Microsoft store over and over after successfully installing? (Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have to install Microsoft store over and over after successfully installing? (Xbox...: Microsoft store update randomly pops up every now and then. After it occurred a few times I noticed my xbox struggled to download/update anything. My internet connection is good. I've done all the...
  5. How do I contact Xbox Microsoft support?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I contact Xbox Microsoft support?: I’ve been trying to get in contact with them all morning but their website when I’m signed in and select contact us they say their call feature is unavailable even though it’s well in the time for...
  6. Xbox One Microsoft Rewards set to auto redeem randomly, wont let me cancel even after doing so.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Microsoft Rewards set to auto redeem randomly, wont let me cancel even after doing so.: Alright so today I was looking at some gift cards on my Xbox One to see what I could get in the future, and I was looking at auto redeem, for some reason the 10$ Xbox Gift Card option was set to...
  7. how do i redeem my microsoft point in to a xbox $20 gift card with having a phone number?

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i redeem my microsoft point in to a xbox $20 gift card with having a phone number?: how do i redeem my microsoft point in to a xbox $20 gift card with having a phone number? 4210b371-f93f-4d4b-84e0-3e40ee3e6b89
  8. How do I sign in with a Microsoft Account without it taking me to the xbox website?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I sign in with a Microsoft Account without it taking me to the xbox website?: I want to make a Microsoft account on my Playstation but every time I sign in it takes me to the xbox website. I don’t want that. So my question is, what do I do so I can play online with my...
  9. How do I get in contact with Microsoft support so they can help me get an account that was...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get in contact with Microsoft support so they can help me get an account that was...: so they can help me get an account that was hacked and replaced my email with some sketchy outlook email I have the email that originally had it but my Microsoft email got changed and it says my...
  10. How do I add a shortcut for Microsoft rewards on the Xbox? Single button press possible?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I add a shortcut for Microsoft rewards on the Xbox? Single button press possible?: How do I add a shortcut to the Microsoft Rewards screen/hub on the Xbox? I find the current process to go to the new Rewards hub in the profile too cumbersome resulting in too many button...