What is going on with Microsoft Rewards suspending en masse without explanation?

Discus and support What is going on with Microsoft Rewards suspending en masse without explanation? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Can someone please help me understand why my Microsoft Rewards account was suspended, as has apparently happened with many others in the past week, and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Blaine Kyle, Dec 7, 2023.

1. Blaine Kyle
    Blaine Kyle Guest

What is going on with Microsoft Rewards suspending en masse without explanation?

Can someone please help me understand why my Microsoft Rewards account was suspended, as has apparently happened with many others in the past week, and why Microsoft Rewards is ignoring multiple support tickets seeking to get an answer and resolution? I'm not aware of any policy violation and the suspension doesn't indicate with specificity what is the cause of the ban.

I personally had over 100K points, equivalent to over $100 in redemption value, and it was essentially stolen away without explanation. Others have lost much more. We are being treated like criminals unjustly, and seemingly without any real recourse aside from walking away from the Microsoft ecosystem entirely, which would sadly mean abandoning a large library of purchased digital games and selling our used consoles for less than we spent on them.

:)

Blaine Kyle, Dec 7, 2023
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Hi Blaine, my name is Oskayra and I will be happy to answer your question.

Microsoft has not provided a public explanation for the mass suspension of Microsoft Rewards accounts. However, there are some possible explanations that have been suggested:

1. A technical error: There may have been a technical error that caused your accounts to be suspended incorrectly. This is plausible, since Microsoft Rewards is a complex program with many users.

2. A violation of Microsoft policies: Suspended accounts may have violated Microsoft Rewards policies. This could include activities such as creating multiple accounts, using bots, or participating in points trading.

3. A fraud investigation: Microsoft Rewards may be conducting a fraud investigation. This could be because the company suspects that some accounts are engaging in fraudulent activity, such as purchasing points with stolen credit cards.

Why is Microsoft Rewards ignoring multiple support tickets seeking a response and resolution?

Microsoft has not provided a public explanation as to why it is ignoring support tickets from affected users. However, your company may be overloaded with tickets and may not have the resources to respond to all of them immediately.

As an affected user, you can follow the following steps to try to resolve the problem:

1. Continue submitting support tickets: It is important to continue submitting support tickets to Microsoft Rewards, even if they have not responded to previous ones. This will help make the company aware of the problem and increase the chances of it being resolved.

2. Contact Microsoft Customer Support: Users can also try to contact Microsoft Customer Support via phone or email. This can be a more effective way to get a response from the company.

3. Share your experience on social networks: Users can also share their experience on social networks. This can help make Microsoft aware of the problem and increase pressure on the company to resolve the issue.

Remember that this is a public forum where we are players like you trying to help others with their problems, but we are not Microsoft employees.

To avoid being suspended from Microsoft Rewards, users should follow these recommendations:

1. Only create one account per person: Creating multiple accounts is a violation of Microsoft Rewards policies.

2. Don't use bots: Using bots to complete tasks in Microsoft Rewards is also a policy violation.

3. Do not participate in point trading: Trading points with other users is also a policy violation.

Consequences of account suspension:

Users who have their Microsoft Rewards account suspended will lose all points they have accumulated. They will also be banned from participating in the program in the future.

What does this mean to you personally?

In your case, suspension of your account means that you have lost more than 100,000 points, equivalent to more than $100 in redemption value. It also means that you will not be able to participate in the Microsoft Rewards program in the future.

If you believe that your account has been unfairly suspended, you can follow the steps mentioned above to try to resolve the issue. However, there is no guarantee that Microsoft will revoke the suspension of your account.

Best Regards, Oskayra
  3. XxEndless WarxX Win User

2 week suspension.

No kidding, these forums are a joke. Suspend people without reason and or explanation. Let threads turned flame wars go on and on far too long. SMH!
  4. Smwutches Win User

Suspended without cause or explanation

For information about your suspension and to see about submitting a case review, you would need to go to http;//enforcement.xbox.com
  5. AridLizard Win User

Somebody can reactivate my Microsoft rewards account??

is it your Xbox Live that has been suspended or your MS Rewards?

if it is your MS Rewards that has been suspended, go to https://account.microsoft.com/rewards/, scroll to the bottom and click on the link for Contact Microsoft Rewards
    Support.
  6. ScottTHEscammeR Win User

Service outage

https://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-live-status

That link is Microsofts explanation of what is going on so to speak. They're working hard on it.
Thema:

1. What is going on with Microsoft Rewards suspending en masse without explanation? - Similar Threads - going Microsoft Rewards

2. Microsoft keys-to-go not charging

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft keys-to-go not charging: Hi! I’ve had my microsoft keys-to-go keyboard for a year now and today I discovered that the charging light does not blink when plugged to the charger and just lights green as if it was fully...
  3. now that the Xbox b@n exploit is a credible thing what is Microsoft going to do for a fix ?

in XboX Insiders
    now that the Xbox b@n exploit is a credible thing what is Microsoft going to do for a fix ?: The YouTuber Nick (@GhillieYT) claims he was targeted by this exploit and was falsely b@nned for one year. What can players do to protect themselves against this ? While still unconfirmed by Xbox,...
  4. Are Microsoft going to fix Xbox Series X wifi issues or not?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are Microsoft going to fix Xbox Series X wifi issues or not?: Live in apartments, should have at minimum 20 different wifi connections listed, currently have 0. This is an everyday occurance and blaming everybodies routers and isps is getting old. I have...
  5. When is Microsoft going to expand button mapping for 3rd party controllers for Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    When is Microsoft going to expand button mapping for 3rd party controllers for Xbox: Email from Fanatec: Thanks for reaching out to us. Functionality on Xbox consoles is limited by the Xbox OS. Our Xbox-licensed Steering Wheels have almost the same number of usable inputs as the...
  6. When I go to add my phone number to redeem my Microsoft rewards it says try again later or...

in XBoX on Windows
    When I go to add my phone number to redeem my Microsoft rewards it says try again later or...: Is there a fix to this? I would like to redeem my rewards soon. e61a70a0-8bb9-4359-8cbc-23873b0f82cd
  7. Microsoft Rewards states "Oops! Looks like you are on the go"

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Rewards states "Oops! Looks like you are on the go": Can't access rewards says "Oops! Looks like you are on the go" "Microsoft Rewards offers are available in one country/region each day" I have NOT been anywhere, laptop shows I'm still in uk as...
  8. When is the roblox gift card going to be added back to microsoft rewards?

in XBoX on Windows
    When is the roblox gift card going to be added back to microsoft rewards?: I have been waiting months for it to restock and somehow it's still not available. What's even worse is that I saw an advertisement on youtube promoting microsoft rewards to redeem roblox gift...
  9. when i am going on my Microsoft Reward section showing ''Opps you are on the way'' how can...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    when i am going on my Microsoft Reward section showing ''Opps you are on the way'' how can...: when i am going on my Microsoft reward section showing ''Opps you are on the way'' how can I improve this error 54dd2467-fdf5-4088-8b2f-c97a2d054d77
  10. My Microsoft rewards, when i try to redeem, says "Oops looks like you are on the go" when...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Microsoft rewards, when i try to redeem, says "Oops looks like you are on the go" when...: I was able to redeem the wheel spin on my accounts but then after that, the prompt "Oops, looks like you're on the go" appeared. I don't use a VPN nor have been to a different country. Is there a...