What happens to your Live Gold if you refund game pass?

Discus and support What happens to your Live Gold if you refund game pass? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, So I bought game pass for £10.99 and it transpires my laptop doesn't have the goods to play the games that made it appealing to me while back at... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BelisariusAA, Aug 12, 2020.

1. BelisariusAA
    BelisariusAA Guest

Hi,

So I bought game pass for £10.99 and it transpires my laptop doesn't have the goods to play the games that made it appealing to me while back at uni next month.

Anyway it converted my regular Live Gold subscription (14 months left) over to Ultimate. Now the Gold is listed under "cancelled" and Ultimate is active (14 months left). That's pretty cool, it can't hurt for when I actually have access to my xbox, but now
    I'm anxious to refund the £10.99. I have two options:

Cancel immediately and get a refund
    We'll refund £10.99 to the payment method we have on file, but you'll lose access to your subscription immediately.

Don’t charge me on 10/12/2021
    We won't charge you again. You can continue using your subscription until 10/12/2021.

Am I right in saying that if I choose to refund my £10.99, then Ultimate is immediately cancelled and I lose the Gold subscription I had before? Surely that can't be right?

Bests

:)

BelisariusAA, Aug 12, 2020
  2. BelisariusAA Win User

if my Gold was originally bought with a prepaid card then I suppose that means asking for a refund would vanish a year's worth of prepaid xbox live since it can't refund me?

Thanks for reply.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Yes, if you cancel your Ultimate subscription it will refund your Gold since that was converted to Ultimate as well.
  4. Smwutches Win User

That's correct. You would only get the refund for the Ultimate, not the Gold. So the best thing to do is just leave it running and turn off auto-renewal if you don't want to renew it when it ends.
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Lost Years Worth of Xbox Live

Hi Shadow_845! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Xbox game pass is not refunded automatically, you must request the refund for it to happen

When you purchased the Game Pass Ultimate subscription, your Xbox Live Gold was converted to Game Pass Ultimate, Before making this conversion, the system asked you if you wanted it and informed you that it could not be reversed, To finish the purchase you had to accept the conversion, this causes that if you refund or cancel Game Pass Ultimate, you also lose the time that was converted from Xbox Live Gold
  6. BeastlyHotShot Win User

Cbox live gold cancelation

What happens is when you buy xbox live gold the game pass you speak of combines with the xbox live gold you have

so in other words when you cancel your xbox subscription it also cancels both your xbox live gold and game pass also
Thema:

1. What happens to your Live Gold if you refund game pass? - Similar Threads - happens Live Gold

2. I can't log in Xbox Live, When I enter my gamertag and press next, nothing happens.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't log in Xbox Live, When I enter my gamertag and press next, nothing happens.: I can't log in Xbox Live in order to enter Minecraft launcher, please help me, I'm a Russian playerin order to enter Minecraft launcher, please help me, I'm a Russian player...
  3. Does anyone happen to know the UPnP Servers/IP range for Xbox live.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone happen to know the UPnP Servers/IP range for Xbox live.: I live in a super small town and we have a few internet providers. I use a small local internet provider and they recently went through a DDOS attack and banned/blocked around 2 million IPs /...
  4. What will happen if I cancel my Xbox Live Gold subscription that I got from a prepaid card?

in XBoX on Windows
    What will happen if I cancel my Xbox Live Gold subscription that I got from a prepaid card?: Hi, I recently redeemed a Xbox Live Gold subscription prepaid card and was planning on upgrading it to Ultimate for 1$, or trying to convert it to 4 months of game pass which I had heard from...
  5. why is my code not working for xbox live i no what might have gone down this happen in...

in XBoX Accessibility
    why is my code not working for xbox live i no what might have gone down this happen in...: i could use my code i needed a new one Microsoft didn't answer there phones and they had no live agent. the code was [Mod Removed - PII] 15 buck's and really could have used the code over the...
  6. XBOX LIVE STOLE $17,000 from me (It Can / Will happen to you.)

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBOX LIVE STOLE $17,000 from me (It Can / Will happen to you.): Hello everybody my name is Arthas, GamerTags [Mod Removed-Personal Information] in June I was banned from XBOX LIVE on my main purchasing profile [Mod Removed-Personal Information] because in the...
  7. What will happen when I delete Game DVR from Xbox Live Storage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What will happen when I delete Game DVR from Xbox Live Storage?: Will it (already shared clip/screenshot) still be able to watch/view in activity feed after I delete them form Xbox Live Storage in ' Manage Cuptures'? e7bb746c-60f6-4033-821b-d5340aa5a0f8
  8. Someone know Whittier happen with my Xbox Live gold account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Someone know Whittier happen with my Xbox Live gold account?: yesterday i write a code to have 12 months of gold but Noé i try to use it but i can't 6ec08589-3df2-468b-817d-6984c5d48081
  9. Enough is Enough 12 Years+ What the Heck Happen to Xbox Live I knew ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Enough is Enough 12 Years+ What the Heck Happen to Xbox Live I knew ?: I Helped over the Past 12 years in getting Xbox Live to where it is today. What bothers me Is the Daily Outages We as gold Me members access of 70+ Dollars annually for What Daily Outages ? Heck...
  10. How did this happen? My account is listed in Canada? I live in California.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How did this happen? My account is listed in Canada? I live in California.: I just noticed when trying to add my paypal info that that the region my account on xbox.com is set to Canada & there is no option to change it to the U.S! I never lived or been to Canada. I live...